Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.

flute4peace

Reaction score
Search continues for missing Wichita boy

cache.php

WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) Wichita police are investigating a missing child case in the 600 block of South Edgemoor.

Sedgwick County dispatchers confirmed to Eyewitness News that police are on scene looking into the disappearance of a 5-year-old child last seen around 3 pm on Saturday near Edgemoor between Lincoln & Kellogg.

Police say Lucas is Hispanic/white, four-feet tall, brown hair, brown eyes, and long lashes.

The boy was last seen wearing black sweats with a grey shirt that had a bear on it, white socks, and light blue Pull-up.

Rules Etiquette & Information

Flyers for Lucas Hernandez Thread

Media, Maps, and Timeline Thread

Verified Insider:

FindLucasAllen

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24
Thread #25
Thread #26
Thread #27
Thread #28
Thread #29
Thread #30
Thread #31

Remembering Lucas Allen Hernandez Facebook Page

Attachments

• lucas.jpg
    lucas.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Family concerned about Wichita boy's welfare before he went missing

WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) -
As the search continues for 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez, the boy's family returned to their home late Monday along with the FBI. Relatives watching from afar say it's not the first time an investigator was called there.

Wichita police say the boy's stepmother last saw Lucas at around 3 p.m. Saturday. She then took a shower and fell asleep, and officers were notified around 6:15 p.m. that the boy was missing.

Sally Rasmussen is Lucas' great aunt, who spoke with KAKE News from her home in New Mexico. She says was sent a photo of Lucas last year and saw multiple bruises on his face and neck. She called police.

"All these stories I'd been hearing for months about him possibly being abused," she said.

http://www.kake.com/story/37541152/...utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_KAKEnews

DA will not file charges yet in death of 5-year-old Lucas

No charges will be filed Wedneday in the death of Lucas Hernandez, according to District Attorney Marc Bennett.

The investigation is not final until the autopsy is complete and the toxicology results are available, Bennett said in a brief statement Wednesday afternoon.

The Wichita police presented their case to the District Attorney's office Thursday morning.

Investigators are are following up on some newly developed leads, Bennett said.

Please remember to copy articles, news videos, and breaking news in the Media, Maps, and Timeline thread for this case as well so we can refer to it easily and find it later.

Thank you for your help!

I think we will need some clarification on the dates from @FindLucasAllen if possible. I'm reserving judgment on who was "right" or "wrong" about the dates until we hear from our VI. I suppose someone could tweet at Nancy Grace and just ask if she meant to say the 16th and 17th instead of the 10th and 11th.

As of right now, the last *confirmed* person to see Lucas other than Emily was the neighbor on the 11th when he was outside with the older boys.

Woah. The thread blew up! I was so far behind that I had to skim, so please forgive me if I missed questions.

The podcast was taped yesterday early morning. MSM had said it was Wednesday for some reason, but Monday is correct.

My husband (Jamie's brother) and I are not "represented" by anyone nor do we have an advocate or spokesperson. I've seen on MSM that Jamie and Jonathan do have one. While that person has done a wonderful job with searches and worked so hard to bring Lucas home, her private statements to people do not reflect the way any of our family feels. I apologize with everything I have to anyone who has been on the receiving end of those statements. None of it is something we would have wanted Lucas to hear therefore it should have never been said.

Oh, I also wanted to post this in the hopes that I would jinx myself...

Family has not been notified as far as autopsy results. We have no clue what NG was talking about.

(On the 24th, I mentioned that we hadn't heard from the PI at all and then he was found soon after I posted. I'm hoping I'll jinx myself again and that Jamie will get news from the ME)

We do know that Jonathan Hernandez was the person who called police after he came home to find a female not breathing. He is currently talking to police. #KWCH12

Katie Johnston on Twitter

ATTENTION WEBSLEUTHS MEMBERS

A few reminders:

* When posting please do not use "I heard that" or " I read that." You must provide a link. We will remove any posts with these phrases. If you keep posting these phrases with no link, then you will receive a timeout

*Jamie cannot be sleuthed. There is no reason to sleuth Jamie. She did not kill Lucas. She did not kill Emily. Don't you think Jamie has been through enough without strangers tearing her apart? I am appalled when I see strangers trying to rip her to shreds. I will not allow it on Websleuths. You can discuss statements Jamie has made but nothing about her personal life or her parenting.

*Jonathan can be sleuthed. Jonathan had custody of Lucas. Jonathan is the one who handed Lucas over to his killer. He claims not to have known Emily was abusing him when everyone around him could see Lucas was being abused. Jonathan is facing charges for hitting Emily's boys.

*If you have questions about moderation please send a message via a "conversation." Do not pick an argument or attack a mod on the thread. This does not bode well for your Websleuths membership to continue

*Please be mindful that there is not much new to talk about in Lucas' case. There may be nothing much new to add to the discussion ever. We'll wait and see. In the meantime, if you feel you are getting hot under your computer collar and you want to go on the attack DON'T. Step back from your computer.

Family, friends and search volunteers gather for private memorial service for Lucas
A picture of 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez smiling sat at the front of the room where his family and friends along with search volunteers gathered to celebrate his life.

The family extended a personal invitation to Eyewitness news to attend.

Three objects, a Batman box, a book, and a stuffed animal all contained Lucas' ashes, each going to a different family member.

Pastor Tom Scott spoke on behalf of the family, describing Lucas as a boy with an endless love for life, "He loved his family, his sister, brother, parents, grandparents. He liked to be outside and play, he was adventurous, he loved to make forts out of boxes."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998