Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.

flute4peace

Reaction score
Search continues for missing Wichita boy

cache.php

WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) Wichita police are investigating a missing child case in the 600 block of South Edgemoor.

Sedgwick County dispatchers confirmed to Eyewitness News that police are on scene looking into the disappearance of a 5-year-old child last seen around 3 pm on Saturday near Edgemoor between Lincoln & Kellogg.

Police say Lucas is Hispanic/white, four-feet tall, brown hair, brown eyes, and long lashes.

The boy was last seen wearing black sweats with a grey shirt that had a bear on it, white socks, and light blue Pull-up.

Rules Etiquette & Information

Flyers for Lucas Hernandez Thread

Media, Maps, and Timeline Thread

Verified Insider:

FindLucasAllen

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24
Thread #25
Thread #26
Thread #27
Thread #28
Thread #29
Thread #30
Thread #31
Thread #32

Remembering Lucas Allen Hernandez Facebook Page

Attachments

• lucas.jpg
    lucas.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 2
Family concerned about Wichita boy's welfare before he went missing

WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) -
As the search continues for 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez, the boy's family returned to their home late Monday along with the FBI. Relatives watching from afar say it's not the first time an investigator was called there.

Wichita police say the boy's stepmother last saw Lucas at around 3 p.m. Saturday. She then took a shower and fell asleep, and officers were notified around 6:15 p.m. that the boy was missing.

Sally Rasmussen is Lucas' great aunt, who spoke with KAKE News from her home in New Mexico. She says was sent a photo of Lucas last year and saw multiple bruises on his face and neck. She called police.

"All these stories I'd been hearing for months about him possibly being abused," she said.

http://www.kake.com/story/37541152/...utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_KAKEnews

I wonder if we will ever get to see the full report rather than a summary. Or is this it? I would think a complete report would include blood values and more detail overall.
I’d hope we could access the values as public record soon, but unsure if that detailed of info is typically released in KS or not.

Angry= yes.
Surprised? No.

I am just stunned, with all the latest technology and forensic testing, that his autopsy came back as an undetermined COD. My cousin was dead in a field for over two years, they knew he had a fractured ankle from way back and that he had cancer before he died. They only had a couple of bones to work with.

How can they not know something? Are we to believe that there was no physical injury done to him?

I'm just sick right now. It won't make a difference in the end to know what happened to poor Lucas, as Emily is dead and quite clearly she KNEW she would have gone back to jail because she did something to him to cause his death. You don't commit suicide because you're innocent if you're Emily.

Could the rib thing not be being questioned because maybe he required CPR as a newborn? It was stated in the same report that he had breathing issues as a newborn. CPR when done properly breaks ribs, from my understanding.

It could have been caused my newborn CPR or he could've been born with a broken rib. I have heard of babies being born with broken bones. Infant Broken Bones | Bone Fractures

I agree the whole report is heartbreaking. I wonder why she lied about what Lucas was wearing, and where are the pajamas that he was 'supposedly' wearing? I wonder if she threw them away because they contained evidence?

Looking back at the pattern provided over this case:

LH succumbs to EG abuse & neglect.

Shock of shocks, EG realizes dead kids decay, puts LH in impractical 'cover up'.

EG throws him in the tub till she's sorted out a plan:

Unbeknownst to the public, trained canines 'hit' on the areas of home LH was at peri/postmortem (lets be serious here, he was in a serious state of decline throughout all of 2018).

EG waits for rigor mortis to pass, washes LH to change into clothing (huge struggle, more leakage no doubt)

Cleaning cleaning OMG the cleaning and the laundry and the bowls and the cleaning... never be clean again.

An entire week of cleaning.

But the bugs know. They always know.

And I know trauma, impact sites on deceased are the first to go. His skull is a huge trove of evidence in the hands of the right team. This wasn't an ordinary death and it deserves a full panel to provide fully detailed report.

But the bugs know. They always know.

And I know trauma, impact sites on deceased are the first to go. His skull is a huge trove of evidence in the hands of the right team. This wasn't an ordinary death and it deserves a full panel to provide fully detailed report.
I agree tnith! Lucas deserves a better autopsy team than the one in Wichita. He deserves a top notch team to determine cause and manner of death. I think there is more of his remains there to determine such. jmo

I am so disappointed in these results! I think they should have sent his remains off to a more seasoned ME. jmo

Big thank you Sq85 for autopsy copy!
I contacted the ME office early today seeking a copy but was told they were so intent on getting Toxicology report certified that ME left office before signing the report! Although Harvey County Coroner very understaffed, seems they really wanted to get Lucas info out to family (only took 3 days after toxicology ready).

Emily's autopsy showed no signs of Endometriosis that I saw. Does this mean she didn't have it or they didn't look for it?

I'd believe that this would have been noted going over her general health- and again in medical records obtained to compare against findings. If found, leaving this out adds another layer of unfathomable obfuscation in an already bizarre set of actions on Sedgewick county's side.

If indeed true, absence of such evidence in the report lends support to theory of EG's pathologically deceptive personality.

Not much of an update in this investigation.

It could have been caused my newborn CPR or he could've been born with a broken rib. I have heard of babies being born with broken bones. Infant Broken Bones | Bone Fractures
We break bones all the time in adult CPR. Especially seniors, but USUALLY (in medicine there’s is never a promise that all bodies will behave same), are more flexible making entry into the world safer for baby. It’s not typical of us to break or even bruise ribs (that said i worked emergency ambulance so I wouldn’t necessarily be notified if bruising to ribs happened. I can however feel definite breaking when working on a senior patient).

I agree tnith! Lucas deserves a better autopsy team than the one in Wichita. He deserves a top notch team to determine cause and manner of death. I think there is more of his remains there to determine such. jmo

I am so disappointed in these results! I think they should have sent his remains off to a more seasoned ME. jmo

Dr. Peer Moore-Jansen provided the Forensic Anthropology examination for Lucas. His notes that his job is to try to determine the manner of death, while the coroner determines the cause of death. He seems impressive imo.

When finding clues in ashes seems impossible, let him take a look

Dr Timothy Gorrill, Chief Medical Examiner and District Corner for the District of Sedgwick County signed LH's autopsy report. I did find this document relating to him, although I am uncertain as to it's meaning.

http://www.ksbha.org/documents/boardactions/gorrill_14.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member