Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Life is just so unfair as I watch the tears just flow. And Tim is right we must work to make sure this doesn’t continue to happen.In domestic violence with adults one hit and it is an arrest . We need to make higher consequences for our babies

Hmmm.......the second Find a Grave listed on your post for Lucas was created on February 24th. Is that odd? Or are people just that eager to be first?

The same person made the 1st two that I had posted. I think they might have been eager... I didn't pay attention to the date of the third link. But the third one was made by someone else.

Wait a minute, I just realized after I posted THE DATE feb 24

Sometimes people create findagrave memorials for missing persons as a way to help spread the word. I would not read too much into the date it was first posted. They probably updated the info after he was found. JMO.

Sometimes people create findagrave memorials for missing persons as a way to help spread the word. I would not read too much into the date it was first posted. They probably updated the info after he was found. JMO.
Deleted

I read EG’s first. It seemed that someone was making their feelings quite clear about her.
Quoting my own post. I should not have given EG any of my attention today. However, being weak, I just couldn’t let it go when I saw her name.
Lucas, I wish I had the opportunity to know you. You are safe now.

We've all been on this roller coaster ride together trying to make this puzzle fit. We all came together for one purpose.....to find our little Lucas and to bring him justice. You all are such a great group here. Good people.
Lucas is at peace now and nobody can hurt him anymore. His memorial service was very heartfelt and loving. I will never forget him for the rest of my life. I believe his loss of life will also help to save many. He did not die in vain.
Love you Lucas.....

If necessary I can go back and look for the interview with DM when he stated he wanted to know how she got the gun because it was pretty much cleared there were no guns in the house. He knew she was at the Edgemoor house when she died so to me that implies that the Edgemoor house was checked for guns not the Aunts house.
That's what I remember. - Curious about that also.

DM said there were no guns there - and that JH didn't own any. Wonder where he got his info? Also would LE have searched the house - wouldn't they have found them in the very beginning? These might be stupid questions, sorry.
Not stupid questions at all!
I think EG took them and all drugs and drug paraphernalia out of the home while she was cleaning.

Hmm, didn't think about her removing them. Thanks
Imo she did for many reasons. She finally had unsupervised visitation with her sons, she was a known prior drug addict in the eyes of the court (even tho she continued to be), a history of domestic violence, she had a one year old daughter and a 5 year old stepson. It would look terrible if she had guns in the home. She removed them imo prior to calling 911.
Now JH is saying he had two guns in the home and yet DM is saying it was cleared and JH told him he didn't own guns.

Okay, I read both autopsies and these are the (likely odd to others) things that stood out to me.

First I was so angry that this woman was healthy. I know, a stupid thing but each time I read that her organs and everything were healthy I got more angry. The number of people who could have been saved by those organs. (Though admittedly many would not want them.) She even had good TEETH! The number of good moms who are not that healthy, just another opportunity she squandered.

I was also surprised that she was sober. I was surprised they didn't test her for more drugs than they did, especially because they did test Lucas for a LOT of them. I was glad they were that thorough and were able to test at least the liver.

Obviously reading Lucas' was heartbreaking. No family should have to hear that stuff about their child. So nauseating. I do wish a cause of death had been able to be discovered.

However, I take SOME comfort in the fact that he didn't have a ton of broken bones (like Sherin did.) I realize that doesn't mean he didn't suffer. However, the lack of broken bones at least makes me feel like he somehow suffered less.

As far as the ribs go, they weren't broken or it would have mentioned there were healing/healed fractures. X-rays performed showed no obvious evidence of skeletal trauma. Broken ribs that had healed would show up.

My husband went in for a shoulder x-ray at 25 years old and found out he had broken his collarbone as a child. Didn't have a clue before that x-ray.

While I realize periosteal reaction often accompanies injury, it doesn't have to be a break. It can be bruised ribs, it also CAN be caused by some interventions like chest physical therapy. Without knowing for sure all the therapies and medical procedures Lucas had done, we couldn't assume it was abuse either.

So basically... after reading the list of Sherin's injuries.... Lucas' autopsy report was a relief. Maybe I just need to hold onto the hope that he didn't suffer too much. No fractured skull, no broken ribs, no broken limbs.

The only question is about strangulation. Since they didn't find those bones, that remains a question as well. I wish they'd go out and look some more. I know they found some bones in the debris.... I wonder if they could find more.

I also noted that the gunshot essentially "internally decapitated" her (atlanto-occipital dislocation). Which is what occurs when a child forward facing in a vehicle is involved in a crash. Because a baby's head is so large and the bone development isn't enough to withstand the forces. (Kids should rear face until they outgrow the seat. 2 years at a minimum, my kids do until 4 or 5.)

This is actually a 4 year old, so rear facing as long as possible is best.

What is internal decapitation and how did child survive?

I don't know anything about guns, so that was a surprising amount of force to me, even after reading about the external damage. I guess I just hadn't given much thought to that. It's an incredibly amount of force. Not sure how JH ever gets that image out of his head. I will honestly be surprised if he makes it through this.

Just my thoughts, I wanted to wait until after Saturday to share them.

Okay, I read both autopsies and these are the (likely odd to others) things that stood out to me.

First I was so angry that this woman was healthy. I know, a stupid thing but each time I read that her organs and everything were healthy I got more angry. The number of people who could have been saved by those organs. (Though admittedly many would not want them.) She even had good TEETH! The number of good moms who are not that healthy, just another opportunity she squandered.

I was also surprised that she was sober.
RSBM
I felt the same reading how healthy she was !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces