Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It had been a while since I ventured out to Lucas' spot and it is still surreal and heartbreaking. It is amazing to never have met this little guy who impacted my life and so many others in such a big way. I hope his mama and FLH find some comfort in knowing Lucas' legacy will always live on even in the next generations. I know I plan to make sure my beautiful grandson knows the life I found again because of one little boy and that because of Lucas, I am able to the best version of me for him.
upload_2020-2-17_18-45-10.pngupload_2020-2-17_18-45-35.png

HARVEY COUNTY, Kan. (KAKE) -

Two years ago Monday, Kansans first heard the name Lucas Hernandez. A lot has changed since then, but not enough according to his family.

On Monday they visited a memorial in rural Harvey County. The memorial developed after the discovery of Lucas Hernandez' body at the site. Today it's a place where his family comes to remember the good times with the boy they loved and lost.

"Look at those cheeks. I just want to squeeze them," said Melissa Ortiz. "He's such a doll!"

Ortiz never met Lucas Hernandez. She was one of hundreds of volunteers who spent three months searching for him in the spring of 2018.

Lucas Hernandez' family looking for changes in child abuse investigations

I will always remember you Lucas you touched my heart as you did many others. Lucas brought so many of us together! Thanks to all of you who searched for our little Batman!

It had been a while since I ventured out to Lucas' spot and it is still surreal and heartbreaking. It is amazing to never have met this little guy who impacted my life and so many others in such a big way. I hope his mama and FLH find some comfort in knowing Lucas' legacy will always live on even in the next generations. I know I plan to make sure my beautiful grandson knows the life I found again because of one little boy and that because of Lucas, I am able to the best version of me for him.
View attachment 232755View attachment 232756
Beautiful <3

While driving out to the memorial site today, I had a little chuckle when I saw the dirt roads were still pretty wet and muddy and that I still have a problem with inappropriate vehicles for the terrain. AND, I was pretty sure Mr. Pink would not be as amused if I got stuck this time. (And yes, Mr. Pink is still amazing!!)

Resized_20200217_172549.jpeg

Mr. Pink was watching the news this morning and the reporter said Lucas' case is listed as an unsolved homicide. It just does not sit right with me.

It doesn't sit right with me either. Lucas's family deserved to have the most fundamental questions answered about his death. My only consolation is that Emily paid the ultimate price by skipping the justice system. A tragedy for all families involved.

The loss of little Lucas’ life changed my life on so many levels. I carry him with me. Everyday. ❤️

To resolve my anger, my focus had to shift to an emotional understanding of who Lucas is now. His death activated and evolved into a purpose, directing my energy toward reinforcing a power to construct solidarity and a collective identity of child abuse.

It’s been a long slow painful process to actually risk caring so deeply about a child victim again. Only recently, have I taken the risk ~ believing I could keep my emotions in check. I was wrong. Every post I read about this new child victim, Lucas tells me “Go ahead, put yourself out there; it’s important to care. Make a difference. Everyday!” He is forever with me. I’ll not let go. Ever.

I love you so much Lucas. You are my little treasure. My spark. My hero.

upload_2020-5-24_13-35-34.jpeg
upload_2020-5-24_14-42-17.png

The loss of little Lucas’ life changed my life on so many levels. I carry him with me. Everyday. ❤️

To resolve my anger, my focus had to shift to an emotional understanding of who Lucas is now. His death activated and evolved into a purpose, directing my energy toward reinforcing a power to construct solidarity and a collective identity of child abuse.

It’s been a long slow painful process to actually risk caring so deeply about a child victim again. Only recently, have I taken the risk ~ believing I could keep my emotions in check. I was wrong. Every post I read about this new child victim, Lucas tells me “Go ahead, put yourself out there; it’s important to care. Make a difference. Everyday!” He is forever with me. I’ll not let go. Ever.

I love you so much Lucas. You are my little treasure. My spark. My hero.

View attachment 248377
View attachment 248388
❤️❤️❤️❤️

He changed my life forever the impact of This little boy is unbelievable. You all remember me posting way back then that because of his story. I pursued custody of my then toddler grandson ? I didn’t involve CPS I couldn’t let them fail him , I knew he would be another lucas I just knew. But Lucas made me realize I couldn’t let that happen. I had to do it myself not wait for anyone else it might be to late. I had to try to help him , I didn’t know I could do anything without cps other interventions first. But Lucas’s story so profoundly changed me. We won our suit without even any hesitation it was 3 min in a court house and done. LucAs I think of you every day. We couldn’t save you. I’m so so sorry. But sweet boy you saved another little boy from the same fate. Now that little boy isn’t a baby anymore. He’s the same age you were.

yesterday was emotional for me. We got the kindergarten papers in the mail. I then thought how unfair it was that he is going to kindergarten and Lucas didn’t yet reach that milestone. I cried a lot for him yesterday , I can’t believe so much time has gone by. Life is so unfair but I look at my now just weeks shy of being 5 year old grand , This age is so different they understand so much they are little helpers pleasers. Loving trusting and just wanting everyone around them to be happy giving others hugs just because they know someone needs it. I can’t even raise my voice to my guy because it breaks his heart (his words). So to know how much a child this age feels and understands breaks me. I wish I could scoop Lucas up and just cuddle him and talk and do fun 5 yr old yr old things.

While driving out to the memorial site today, I had a little chuckle when I saw the dirt roads were still pretty wet and muddy and that I still have a problem with inappropriate vehicles for the terrain. AND, I was pretty sure Mr. Pink would not be as amused if I got stuck this time. (And yes, Mr. Pink is still amazing!!)

View attachment 232843
I always love hearing your stories about you and Mr. Pink. So adorable and heart warming. You are definitely soul mates, and Lucas was so lucky to have you both looking for him as well as the rest of the wonderful locals on here. Beautiful people, all of you.

Lucas will never be forgotten. Always in my heart.

I love that you all still post to this thread. I think of Lucas all the time, he's forever in my heart. I am still finding it difficult to follow threads about missing children. Lucas's case broke my heart and affected me so deeply I am not sure I can go through it again. I am still slightly numb.

This just came up on my memories:

I would like to take a moment to thank everyone for the kind words and thanks given to Marsha and I for finding Lucas Hernandez. I also would like to thank some very special people as well, Wichita Police Department, Sedgwich County District Attorney and his personal Investigator, KBI, and FBI for their professionalism and Professional Courtesy. Also would like to thank the Finding Lucas Hernandez search team and Texas Equusearch for their relentless efforts, searching for Lucas and welcoming us into their vast knowledge of the case to help us. I especially would like to also thank Jonathan Hernandez and his family for believing and trusting in us to bring Lucas home. And to Lucas:
"Dear Lucas, even though we did not know you, you have made a way and branded a permanent place in our hearts. Your life here on Earth was short but has made an enormous impact for all of us still here. You will never be forgotten and your name will live forever. One day we will all meet in Heaven and that's when we will be able to tell you personally , most of all, "WE LOVE YOU AND THANK YOU"! " Love, David

68DAC82A-5F29-4004-BEAE-F5071CB48ACE.jpeg

David Marshburn

bbm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member