Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those searching the docket...When the police spokesperson said they are going to take the case to the DA today...that normally means that they meet with the DA's office and present their evidence to them in full, then the DA will determine whether charges will be filed and what those will be. The DA then will file the charges and the case will be assigned to a judge and put on the docket. This also usually means a time delay will occur, as an attorney will be appointed, if EG does not have one, and that attorney will file for a delay to prepare for the defense and do discovery and interviews of their own.

I knew I read that but couldn't find a MSM article. Thank you for explaining the process too - I thought that was the way it worked but wasn't entirely sure.

I knew I read that but couldn't find a MSM article. Thank you for explaining the process too - I thought that was the way it worked but wasn't entirely sure.

So, EG was placed on a hold right? And today that hold expires? So, now they are taking it to the DA for charges to be filed? At that time they will arrest her and then set arraignment and bail? Is this correct?

I hope the media finds out where the search is and reports on it.

I think searching Chisholm at this point is probably not the best use of time. But if it makes people feel like they are helping then why not, I suppose?

I know it didn’t take this long, but wasn’t Caliyah McNabb found by civilian searchers after the area was “cleared” by LE and K9s? Geraldine Largay on the App Trail was found by a surveyor 100 yards from official search areas two years after she went missing. Civilian searches and eyes can be very helpful, even if the area has searched more than once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had thoughts along a similar line, because people watch the news or hear about cases in the news somehow. If someone hasn't been thinking that this might happen to them and then it does, what goes through their head?

What recent or local cases come to mind? Does she think about Sherin in a culvert, Mariah in water and think to herself that as they were found they obviously weren't good locations, what would be a better location for her to choose? But I also think someone like her would be limited in the amount of thinking they could do about it, because I think she should still be more in a panicked mode? Would she be able to think "I rule out this location because I go there too often and people would associate it with me?"

I almost think we should ignore Sherin's location, it's so close to the home that it makes me wonder if WM subconsciously wanted her body to be found.

Mariah's location feels like it ought to have more insight, and EK went quite a long way for a child that wasn't his own, and he chose a watery grave in a place that was familiar enough to him because he'd gone fishing there in the past. That's why I'm sort of thinking that it might be a place from the past where there's familiarity with the locale but not frequented so much recently.

I presume she was already thinking of reporting and trying to make it seem like a stranger abduction (or maybe a relative abduction related to the abuse allegations), but I don't really think someone in that state can try to get into the mind of a stranger abductor other than through memories of cases in the news? But most child cases I'm aware of in the US in recent years have traced back to close relatives (not all).

Another, unrelated, thought I've had is that when JH got back from wherever he was, he went back to the house and to EG. They would likely have been together for a few days with her telling him that Lucas must have got out and then been abducted. She must have had some balls to do that, to offer him comfort, to pretend guilt but not too much, to ask for comfort in return. She has LE questioning her about everything she did in the last 48 hours, where she's been, who she's been with, whether she's seen any suspicious people or cars around. And at some point LE start questioning her as a potential POI, and then an actual POI, and she's sitting in an interview room for hours with LEOs trying different tacks to try to get information/confession.

All I can imagine is her repeatedly saying she had nothing to do with it and they have to look for the real abductor. Then she's Mirandized and she has a lawyer sitting at her said saying "you don't have to answer this question".

All I can hope is that they have found some evidence in the house or car and can say to her "if you confess now and give us the location, you might get a lighter sentence, but the longer you hold out the worse it will be for you."
I definitely don't feel like this could be the case, simply because I think JH would have called 911 IMMEDIATELY. I don't think he would have just waited around if EG told him that Lucas got abducted or ran away. JMO though.

Dumb question but how many times has the home been searched ?

We are not sure about drug use, as nothing like that has been confirmed. No past charges for drug abuse, etc. We are also unsure about where the child endangerment charges came from, but she has charges for Lucas, as well as charges for her daughter.

hi, another first time poster here. Member for quite a while but have just had my first sleepless night from worrying about this wee guy, he looks likes such a wee sweetheart and FLAs description of his personality touched me. I have no idea how all of you close by are managing, and of course FLA and all his family. I read 2 threads right through to catch up and think the past drug use for E.G. Was confirmed in her last custody hearing for her older boys although it did say this was in the past and "forgiven"... whatever that means? Have tried to look for the link but have to go to work now but thinking of wee Lucas and all of you. Hopefully some progress today. Love and best wishes all the way from Scotland x[/QUOTE]

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article201898009.html

You are right, BUT, I would imagine if she's still battling for her kids, she would be taking regular drug tests? They make it sound like if they catch her on drugs again, she loses them for good.
She has not been charged with possession of drugs or anything of the sort, and although I highly doubt she would lie about using drugs, I don't think it's a good idea to assume that she's on drugs NOW until that is proven.

So, EG was placed on a hold right? And today that hold expires? So, now they are taking it to the DA for charges to be filed? At that time they will arrest her and then set arraignment and bail? Is this correct?

I have no definitive or "inside" information, but my guess would be that they are presenting evidence that would result in further charges than those already filed. If that happens then an arraignment on those charges would normally occur, yes.

I do not know that the hold expires today, as it was listed as "hold for state charges" as I recall, and that could be in regard to anything from her past record that would be a violation of conditions set for previous cases....for example violation of some type of probation, or violation of driving restrictions, failure to pay her child support, etc.

While taking a look at some photos of the home, there is a chimney in the back yard with an opening in it not too high up from the ground.
Surely they have looked in there, right?

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article201898009.html

You are right, BUT, I would imagine if she's still battling for her kids, she would be taking regular drug tests? They make it sound like if they catch her on drugs again, she loses them for good.
She has not been charged with possession of drugs or anything of the sort, and although I highly doubt she would lie about using drugs, I don't think it's a good idea to assume that she's on drugs NOW until that is proven.

I have a family member who has been fighting for custody of a child with an ex who has had multiple drug charges (even possession while in jail and not too long before the child was born) it took months for the courts to get him to submit to a test once, the court would require the test, he wouldn’t comply, his attorney would ask for an extension. It had to have been 4 months or more and he was still allowed visitation in the meantime. (This was in Virginia, I don’t know procedures in others sates this is only personal experience)

Might want to come down to the basement.....

Friendly reminder that all scanner chatter must stay in the scanner thread. Do not discuss anything heard on the scanner in this thread.

Thank you!

Clearance has been given by LE to search Chisholm Creek Park, Cessna Park, and Gypsum Creek.

Apart from the search at Chisholm, we are starting at Cessna Park West at 9:30 this morning.

I will check gypsum around 1 and help search for a few hours before I have to be back at school.

I will check gypsum around 1 and help search for a few hours before I have to be back at school.

Thanks if you could check out this cell phone tower site on Pawnee.
17d7b31d870d11294f0a10e08a5838e2.jpg
a0211658580f8daf943c7c96de1df5cc.jpg

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I am so happy LE has finally allowed other concerned citizens to search. There have been so many instances where LE did an extensive search for a victim lasting weeks or even months, and had no luck finding the remains.

Then someone not even connected to the case will find the remains. There have been so many missing victims found by hunters, campers, hikers, fisherman, and others over the years who go into areas most do not go into.

Also, finding a tiny body is really like trying to find a tiny needle in a large haystack and LE really doesn't even know if they are in the right haystack. Its obvious LE is relying on tips to guide them in their search.

Some may not turnout to be credible, but LE, I have no doubt will follow each tip they receive unless it is a tip by someone not even connected to the case and is telling them what and where they 'think' he may be.

I have seen several in LE say in the past they get all sorts of tips, and many can come from outsiders who really has no personal knowledge in the case but want to give them their 'theory.' I wish that wouldn't happen because it only slows the investigators down. No one without credible evidence/information should send or call in anything to the police when time is of the essence in finding the victim. IMO

IMO

Have we heard anything from EG's ex, father of her boys, as to the type of parent he believes she is? Obviously he got custody of the boys, which I'm assuming he fought for. Did he worry about their care while in her custody? Did she ever harm them?

Clearance has been given by LE to search Chisholm Creek Park, Cessna Park, and Gypsum Creek.

Apart from the search at Chisholm, we are starting at Cessna Park West at 9:30 this morning.
Thanks if you can check this cell phone tower on Pawnee.
50f796d69189925adaeca5f9d040c5b6.jpg
a1f78887cd48e098e3b2b8ed72420f10.jpg

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads