Found Deceased KS - Marilane Carter, 36, Overland Park, enroute to Birmingham, 2 Aug 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Knox

Reaction score
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Police in Kansas are asking for assistance in locating a missing woman who was on her way to Birmingham.

Marilane Carter, 36, was last seen leaving her home in Overland Park, Kan. on her way to visit family in Birmingham Aug. 1. Her last known telephone contact with her family places her in Memphis on Aug. 2, according to police.

Carter is described as being 5-foot-8 and weighing 130 pounds with long brown hair and green eyes. She was last seen wearing a green shirt and black yoga pants. She was driving a gray 2011 GMC Acadia with Kansas plate, “194LFY.”

JEFCOED-3.jpg

Authorities searching for missing Overland Park woman who was traveling to Birmingham

FB page "Find Marilane" is an approved group run by a family member of Marilane.

ADMIN NOTE: "FIND MARILANE CARTER" is a closed group and is NOT an approved source.

Previous threads
Found Deceased - KS - Marilane Carter, 36, Overland Park, enroute to Birmingham, 1 Aug, call from Memphis, 2 Aug 2020

Last edited by a moderator:
Find Marilane
50m ·
We are launching this page to share info, tips, leads, etc. to help find Marilane Carter!

If you have any contact, tips, or leads, please call 9-1-1.

For media questions, please contact 205-390-1003.

We are praying for Marilane to be found safely and quickly!

Updates will be posted as they are made available. Please share this page and follow. God bless.

As we start a new thread on MC, it occurs to me that we know so many facts now, and, although we discuss them into the ground, we still do not know the most important fact. And, that is what MC was thinking in her last hours on this earth. Even folks who knew her the best and the longest will never know. The resolution of this in our minds now can only come from our own take on the facts for she isn't here to tell us what she really was thinking. Be kind in your thoughts about her husband, family and LE for I believe for a fact, that is what she would have wanted. MOO MOO MOO

My thought is that this poor unfortunate lady was experiencing a ‘manic episode’.....so many details fit with this.....the disrupted sleep, the impulsive/irrational change to her travel plans ( thinking she’d be OK driving that long distance...setting out late evening), followed by confusion, disorientation, & possibly paranoid delusions.

Her death may well have been an accident/misadventure...while the balance of her mind was disturbed.

Or self-harm....but again... while acutely mentally ill.

So very sad for Marilane, her loved ones & everyone affected by this tragedy.

RIP beautiful lady.

This immediately brought to mind another case I followed here ( relatively) recently. Apologies, I cannot recall or find the name of the lady concerned.

She was a high-achieving business woman who became lost/confused/disorientated whilst driving her rental car to an airport to catch a flight home, following a conference.

She was on the phone to her partner and her mother during the journey, who said she was lost & not making sense.

She was later found dead in her vehicle in a side street in a residential area.

So many parallels to this particular case.

( In the case I’ve mentioned above, it is possible an already diagnosed thyroid disorder could have contributed to her mental state ( however that may be my own personal theory, having had experience of thyroid disease)

I have also experienced a manic episode, which may be why I lean heavily toward this diagnosis in both these cases.

My thought is that this poor unfortunate lady was experiencing a ‘manic episode’.....so many details fit with this.....the disrupted sleep, the impulsive/irrational change to her travel plans ( thinking she’d be OK driving that long distance...setting out late evening), followed by confusion, disorientation, & possibly paranoid delusions.

Her death may well have been an accident/misadventure...while the balance of her mind was disturbed.

RIP beautiful lady.

This immediately brought to mind another case I followed here ( relatively) recently. Apologies, I cannot recall or find the name of the lady concerned.

She was a high-achieving business woman who became lost/confused/disorientated whilst driving her rental car to an airport to catch a flight home, following a conference.

She was on the phone to her partner and her mother during the journey, who said she was lost & not making sense.

( In the case I’ve mentioned above, it is possible an already diagnosed thyroid disorder could have contributed to her mental state ( however that may be my own personal theory, having had experience of thyroid disease)

I have also experienced a manic episode, which may be why I lean heavily toward this diagnosis in both these cases.
Erin Valenti

RIP beautiful lady.

That case was Erin Valenti. That case was so tragic and sad, and I still think about her, lots of parallels.

from last thread:

Now hinting at conspiracy(?) or incompetency theories about LE lol...okay.

@cluciano63

Conspiracy? No. Incompetency? Absolutely.

That LE has a bad rep, and stating it isn’t about a “conspiracy.” They “didn’t think to look” in the shipping containers they clearly saw in a field near the last ping of a missing woman they’re searching for. OK.

Not that it matters now, but I think it sucks that a family member had to be the one to discover that horrible scene instead of them. JMO.

RIP beautiful lady.

I think you could be right, bipolar sounds like a strong possibility, experiencing a manic episode with delusions and paranoia. What a terrifying experience it must have been, leading perhaps to her hiding out of fear. So terribly tragic. RIP Marilane, and sincere sympathies to her family. Oh her poor babies.

We read headlines about mothers who experience mental breaks and, in that state, harm their own babies. I don't know what state Marilane was in, but getting in her car and driving away may have been nothing short of heroic. A tragic ending for sure. But she saved her babies.

My prayers are with her family.

JMO

Don't know how to bring forward posts from closed forums. But, in response to these words on the last forum "I was in Memphis a few years ago and it was easily the most depressing city I’ve ever visited" I'll say '...and that's where the blues come from and why we're the home of the blues...(everbody's just blue).'

Hi, I'm new here. This case drew me in.

I think I found the shipping containers on Google and Bing Maps:

Shipping Containers on Google Maps‬‏‏ - They were partially underwater when that image was taken.

Shipping Containers on Bing Maps

The fact that she was found in a shipping container is perplexing, to say the least.

Oh WOW - You're a STAR!

I had been searching all over Google Maps for them, but I didn't go that far off of I-55 and Bridgeport Road, and with the flooded Google image, you don't find them if you are following a road.

There is no way to get there on Bridgeport Road. You have to take the left turn onto the Service Road and then continue for another couple of miles.

Her uncle really had amazing determination to find them and think to search there. Perhaps he was fortunate to use the Bing Maps, not the Google Ones where the Service Road is flooded.

How random this seems as a place to end up in. However, if you wanted to be what seemed like far, far, far away from people and hiding out, getting your vehicle into one of those shipping containers would almost guarantee you wouldn't be found for a very long time and if so, it would be only by accident.

If she hadn't called her mother from nearby that location, she would not be found for.... years, unless perhaps someone went to work that field.

Which makes me think her phone call was a last call to hear her mother's voice before she ended it all and this was a deliberate act of suicide on her part.

Last edited:
I've had male colleagues that kept backing in and just couldn't do it and kept using two parking spaces. I asked them why they kept doing it if they just couldn't do it.

And I've asked men in parking lots if it was really that hard to park a SUV when they were taking two spots. I'm a woman and they didn't like it.

But I'm curious. How many women here prefer backing in to nose first?
I always back in unless it is nearly impossible to do so! (Sorry I brought this over from the previous thread)

I've had male colleagues that kept backing in and just couldn't do it and kept using two parking spaces. I asked them why they kept doing it if they just couldn't do it.

And I've asked men in parking lots if it was really that hard to park a SUV when they were taking two spots. I'm a woman and they didn't like it.

But I'm curious. How many women here prefer backing in to nose first?

I always back in unless it is nearly impossible to do so! (Sorry I brought this over from the previous thread)

IDK how you brought that over from the closed thread!?!?!

I tend to back in.

Psychologist Howard Gardener has identified multiple forms of human intelligence. Backing into a parking space is a combination of spacial intelligence & other areas. We all have strengths, not everyone can back into a parking space!

Not everyone can hit a baseball, or achieve fluency in several languages. Takes a village!

This is an adequate explanation, but not ideal:

https://www.simplypsychology.org/multiple-intelligences.html

Prayers for Marilane's children & family!

JMHO YMMV LRR

We don't know what was happening with her, but is it possible she was having delusions and thought she was driving into a garage. I wonder if it was typical for her to park her car in their garage at home. Something she had done many times. In that moment, she may have mistook something atypical for something familiar.

Hi, I'm new here. This case drew me in.

I think I found the shipping containers on Google and Bing Maps:

Shipping Containers on Google Maps‬‏‏ - They were partially underwater when that image was taken.

Shipping Containers on Bing Maps

The fact that she was found in a shipping container is perplexing, to say the least.

Which makes me think her phone call was a last call to hear her mother's voice before she ended it all and this was a deliberate act of suicide on her part.

Can we please stop calling it 'a deliberate act of suicide'.

She was lost, scared, disoriented and sleep deprived. She may very well just wanted to hide in a safe place to get a few hours of sleep. Not thinking about carbon monoxide, just wanting to keep the A/C running.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice
Back