KS - Police raid local newspaper’s office and co-owner’s home, co-owner subsequently dies, Marion, 11 August 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm a Kansan, though Marion county is a few hours away, and I subscribed to the Record the other day in support of freedom of the press, and to express my condolences to Joan's family. If anyone is interested, there's a link on their website. It's affordable and can be done from anywhere in the world.
Wow! Thanks for the link.

Am I the only one wondering if KN was having an affair with the Police Chief?

I sure wouldn't want somebody driving my vehicle if they had a suspended driver's license.

JMO

There’s a lot of good information in this article.

The journalist confirms that she did look up the restauranteur’s information on the State of Kansas website to verify the source’s information. The KBI is still looking into whether that was illegal.

The confidential source also comes forward, and you can learn more about their motives.

There’s a lot of good information in this article.

The journalist confirms that she did look up the restauranteur’s information on the State of Kansas website to verify the source’s information. The KBI is still looking into whether that was illegal.

The confidential source also comes forward, and you can learn more about their motives.
yes, the story appears to have "evolved" from what was divulged during the council meeting where the paper represented that the info had come to them from social media. Now the story is it came from social media tipster and then we went and "verified" it by using the online site.

So do I!
That police chief should be fired!

JMO

A gentleman would have stepped outside when she asked -- she pointed out that he could still see everything they were doing!

One of the younger ones was trying t be accommodating & much nicer to a lady in her own home. A lady whose possible crime was owning the publication that didn't publish in information....

Pondering haunting, right now, pondering haunting.

jmho ymmv lrr

“The website is public facing, and anyone can use it,” he said.

The Department of Revenue website allows a searcher to see whether a person has a valid driver’s license and to see a list of documents related to that person’s driving record.

Searchers can go further: The site allows them to download documents or buy a copy of a driving record for $16.70. But they also need a person’s driver’s license number and date of birth, and they are asked to provide an address and phone number.

“The website is public facing, and anyone can use it,” he said.

The Department of Revenue website allows a searcher to see whether a person has a valid driver’s license and to see a list of documents related to that person’s driving record.

Searchers can go further: The site allows them to download documents or buy a copy of a driving record for $16.70. But they also need a person’s driver’s license number and date of birth, and they are asked to provide an address and phone number.
It's reached national news. I agree with Mr. Markley.

JMO

“As far as Chief Cody goes, he can take his high horse he brought into this community and giddy-up on out of town,” Darvin Markley, a Marion resident, said during a Monday afternoon City Council meeting. “The man needs to go. He needs to be fired.”

Cody did not attend Monday's meeting or respond to email and cellphone messages seeking comment.

In summary, the Marion County Sheriff’s Office cloned 17 GB of data from devices it seized during its raid of the Marion County Reporter to a USB drive and failed to turn over or otherwise destroy that cloned data when ordered to return seized evidence. The MCR’s lawyer will witness the data being destroyed. The MCSO claims the USB drive was not turned over initially as it had been used on other investigations, too.

In summary, the Marion County Sheriff’s Office cloned 17 GB of data from devices it seized during its raid of the Marion County Reporter to a USB drive and failed to turn over or otherwise destroy that cloned data when ordered to return seized evidence. The MCR’s lawyer will witness the data being destroyed. The MCSO claims the USB drive was not turned over initially as it had been used on other investigations, too.

Seems to be a situation with an iron hand -- without the velvet glove.

jmho ymmv lrr

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back