KS - Ricky Allen Murdered - Wife Melissa Hoffner-Allen Charged Second Degree Murder June 6, 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Jewels53

Reaction score
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A Kearney woman arrested late on Tuesday night now faces charges in the killing of her husband.

The Clay County Sheriff’s Office says deputies went to a home northeast of downtown Kearney in the 16200 block of Kountry Ridge Drive, just south of Jesse James Farm Road, on reports of a shooting at about 10 p.m. that night.

Sheriff’s deputies found 50-year-old Ricky Allen dead at the scene, and arrested 48-year-old Melissa Hoffner-Allen.

I will post more when it becomes available.

Last edited:
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A Kearney woman arrested late on Tuesday night now faces charges in the killing of her husband.
A probable cause statement says Hoffner-Allen called police and said she had shot her husband in the chest and he wasn’t breathing. Emergency workers attempted life-saving measures, but declared him deceased.

Investigators found evidence of some kind of incident where drywall had fallen on the floor, and a spent shell casing was found at the bottom of a staircase. The shell casing matched rounds found in a 9 mm pistol recovered from the scene.

A probable cause statement says Hoffner-Allen called police and said she had shot her husband in the chest and he wasn’t breathing. Emergency workers attempted life-saving measures, but declared him deceased.

Investigators found evidence of some kind of incident where drywall had fallen on the floor, and a spent shell casing was found at the bottom of a staircase. The shell casing matched rounds found in a 9 mm pistol recovered from the scene.

I see in this article:
Hoffner-Allen appeared with an attorney at her arraignment on Thursday and pleaded not guilty. Her bond remains set at $250,000. Her next court date is Thursday, August 15.

@Niner shoot she already posted bond. I was looking under the wrong name on Case Net it was under Hoffner. Then showed up as Hoffner-Allen.

24CY-CR01946 - ST V MELISSA ILENE HOFFNER-ALLEN

06/21/2024
Bond-Cash Bond Posted Full Amt
Bond Amount Posted: $25,000.00 Bond Payment Type: Check Bond Bond ID: 24CYBND1185
Filed By: MELISSA I HOFFNER
Hearing Scheduled

Scheduled For:
08/13/2024; 9:00 AM; KAREN LEE KRAUSER; Clay
Hearing/Trial Cancelled
JUDGE ANGLES, DIVISION 7 JUDGE, HEREBY RECUSES SELF UPON THE REALIZATION THAT ONE OF THE POTENTIAL WITNESSES IN THE CASE PREVIOUSLY WORKED AS THE DIVISION 7 CLERK UNTIL 2019. CASE IS TRANSFERRED TO JUDGE KAREN KRAUSER, DIVISION 6. CASE RE-SET FOR DOCKET CALL ON TUESDAY, AUGUST 13, 2024 AT 9:00 A.M. LA/nt
Associated Entries: 06/20/2024 - Hearing Continued/Rescheduled +
Associated Entries: 06/20/2024 - Hearing Scheduled
Scheduled For:
08/15/2024; 1:30 PM; LOUIS ANGLES; Clay
Judge Assigned
06/20/2024
Bond Reduction Order
BOND CLARIFICATION: $250,000.00 (10% CASH OR SURETY). ALL OTHER BOND CONDITIONS REMAIN IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT. DEFENDANT TO SURRENDER PASSPORT TO CIRCUIT CLERK WITHIN 24 HOURS. LA/nt
Filed By: LOUIS ANGLES
Hearing Scheduled

Associated Entries: 06/21/2024 - Hearing/Trial Cancelled
+
Scheduled For: 08/15/2024; 1:30 PM; LOUIS ANGLES; Clay
Hearing Continued/Rescheduled
STATE APPEARS BY PROS. ATTY. DEF. APPEARS IN PERSON AND WITH ATTY. DEF. WAIVES READING OF COMPLAINT/INFORMATION. COURT ENTERS A PLEA OF NOT GUILTY. CAUSE CONTINUED TO 8/15/2024 AT 1:30 P.M. FOR DOCKET CALL. DEFENDANT IS ORDERED TO APPEAR ON TIME FOR ALL COURT DATES AS A CONDITION OF BOND. BOND CLARIFICATION: $250,000.00 (10% CASH OR SURETY). ALL OTHER BOND CONDITIONS REMAIN IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT. DEFENDANT TO SURRENDER PASSPORT TO CIRCUIT CLERK WITHIN 24 HOURS LA/nt
Associated Entries: 06/20/2024 - Arraignment Scheduled
Associated Entries: 06/21/2024 - Hearing/Trial Cancelled
+
Hearing Continued From: 06/20/2024; 1:35 PM Arraignment
Request for Records Filed
Request for Discovery; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Filed By: PATRICK JAMES O'CONNOR
On Behalf Of: MELISSA I HOFFNER
Entry of Appearance Filed
Entry of Appearance; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Filed By: PATRICK JAMES O'CONNOR
List of Witnesses
States Witness List; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Filed By: MATTHEW WARREN MARTLING
Probable Cause Statement Filed
PC Statement; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Complaint Filed
Complaint; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Arraignment Scheduled

Associated Entries: 06/20/2024 - Hearing Continued/Rescheduled
+
Scheduled For: 06/20/2024; 1:35 PM; LOUIS ANGLES; Clay
Warrant Served
Document ID - 24-CYARW-398; Served To - HOFFNER, MELISSA I; Served Date - 06/20/2024; Served Time - 09:10:45; Service Type - SD; Reason Description - SERV; Service Text -
Warrant Issued
Document ID: 24-CYARW-398, for HOFFNER, MELISSA I. , Bond Amount: 250,000.00, Bond Text: GPS MONITORING PRIOR TO RELEASE, NO WEAPONS. NOT TO LEAVE THE STATE OF MISSOURI. PRETRIAL SUPERVISION WITH NDS; WITH WEEKLY REPORTING
06/19/2024
Probable Cause Statement Filed
Complaint Filed
Judge Assigned

TUESDAY, AUGUST 13, 2024
Judge/Commissioner: KAREN LEE KRAUSER
Setting:
Time: 9:00 AM
Day: 1 OF 1

Charge

Description
Murder 2nd Degree
{ Felony A RSMo: 565.021 }
Date
06/18/2024
Code
565.021-001Y20200901.0
Law Enforcement Agency
SO CLAY COUNTY-LIBERTY

Charge

Description
Armed Criminal Action
{ Felony Unclassified RSMo: 571.015 }
Date
06/18/2024
Code
571.015-001Y20205299.0
Law Enforcement Agency
SO CLAY COUNTY-LIBERTY

Last edited:
Tuesday, August 13th:
*Docket Call Hearing (@ 9am CT) - KS - *Ricky Allen (50) found shot & dead at home on June 18, 2024, Kansas City - *Melissa Ilene Hoffner-Allen (48) arrested (6/18/24), charged & arraigned (6/20/24) with 2nd degree murder & armed criminal action. Plead not guilty. Bond $250K (Cash or Surety). Bond ($25K Cash) posted on 6/21/24. Clay County
The Clay County Sheriff’s Office says deputies went to a home northeast of downtown Kearney in the 16200 block of Kountry Ridge Drive, just south of Jesse James Farm Road, on reports of a shooting at about 10 p.m. that night. Sheriff’s deputies found 50-year-old Ricky Allen dead at the scene, and arrested 48-year-old Melissa Hoffner-Allen. Clay County prosecutors charged her with second-degree murder and armed criminal action.
6/19/24 Docket update: Probable Cause Statement filed. Complaint filed DA Matthew W. Martling. Judge assigned.
6/20/24 Update: Hearing: State appears by Prosecutor attorney, Defendant appears in person & with attorney. Defendant waives reading of complaint/information. Court enters a plea of not guilty. Cause continued to 8/15/24 @ 1:30pm for Docket Call. Defendant is ordered to appear on time for all court dates as a condition of bond. Bond reduction Order. Bond clarification $250K (10% cash or Surety). GPS monitoring prior to release, no weapons. Not to leave the State of Missouri. Pretrial supervision with NDS; with weekly reporting. All other bond conditions remain in full force & effect. Defendant to surrender passport to Circuit Clerk within 24 hours filed by Judge Clay Louis Angles. Hearing on 6/21/24 was cancelled. Request for Discovery filed by Patrick J. O'Connor for Hoffner. Entry of appearance filed by Patrick J. O'Connor for Hoffner. State's witness list filed by Matthew Warren Martling. Warrant served.
6/21/24 Update: Bond-Cash bond posted full amount. $25K bond payment. Hearing on 8/15/24 was cancelled. Judge Angles, Div. 7 Judge, hereby recuses self upon the realization that one of the potential witnesses in the case previously worked as the Div. 7 Clerk until 2019. Case is transferred to Judge Karen Krauser, Div. 6. Case reset for Docket Call on 8/13/24 @ 9am.

@Jewels53 - when you have time - are there any hearing dates set yet? And maybe a trial date?? TIA! :)

24CY-CR01946 - ST V MELISSA ILENE HOFFNER-ALLEN

08/13/2024
Hearing Continued/Rescheduled

Associated Entries: 06/21/2024 - Hearing Scheduled
Hearing Continued From:
08/13/2024; 9:00 AM Hearing
07/16/2024
Confidential Correspondence
Order
Having been advised of rational to temporarily amends and having noo objection from the State of Missouri , the Court Grants Defendant's request to leave Missouri and travel to Kansas for a necessary medical appointment on July 16,2024 . The Defendant shall Immediately return to Missouri following the medical appointment and all other bond conditions remain in Effect . KLK
07/09/2024
Entry of Appearance Filed
Entry of Appearance and Withdrawl; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Filed By: SPENCER CURTIS
06/28/2024
Pre-Trial Status Rprt Filed
ESA Installation Confirmation; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Bond Assignment
BOND LESS THE COURT COSTS ARE ORDERED ASSIGNED TO ATTY P. J; O'CONNOR AND/OR JP O'CONNOR AFTER COMPLETION OF THIS CASE. KLK/ amw
06/27/2024
Proposed Order Filed
Order for Bond Assignment; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Filed By: JOHN PATRICK O'CONNOR
Bond Assignment
Bond Assignment; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Filed By: JOHN PATRICK O'CONNOR
06/24/2024
Petition to Invest Funds
Funds of $25,000.00 Invested In Investment Acct pending Judge's Payout Order. PLEASE DO NOT PAY ANYTHING OUT OF THIS FILE UNTIL FUNDS HAVE BEEN MOVED. LH

No hearings scheduled as of now.

Thanks for the info @Jewels53 - I usually wait a few more days to ask you about this - so I shall see you again - next week some time! :D

@Jewels53 - before I go on vacation - just checking to see if she has any updates yet in the court site? TIA! 1724579779501.gif

Still nothing on the docket! I am not sure what is going on?

Okay - I will be back after Sept. 3 - and will check back in then. I tried searching for articles & just coming back with June of 2024.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJane 55
Back