KS KS - Sabrina Williams, 15, Wichita, 16 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know what LE has done or not in this case, and I don't know that Wichita LE is acting any differently than other agencies do in these cases. It seems like there isn't much to go on without the name of this guy she left with, or at least his license plate.

Sadly we see a lot of missing teens here on WS, and of course we know there are countless others who don't even hit the media. IMO, parents are the most important advocate for their missing children.

i have been on the brunt end more than once in my job working with kids about how I'm useless and i don't do anything. It's especially hard to take after a 12 hour day when I've worked my tail off. i know that people don't know what they don't know about my job, but it's still tough. So I try not to judge when I don't have a lot of information to go on. (Don't get me wrong, I can be quite judgmental when I feel like I have reason to be! Maybe I should work on that too :facepalm:)

I do feel that better advocacy for "run-away" and "throw-away" children is needed all across our country. Passionate people stepping forward to ask their elected officials to address these issues is needed.

IMO, a courteous email could be sent to the investigator in this case requesting this child to be listed with NCMEC and NAMUS, but I don't believe that angry voices ever get us very far in trying to advocate for kids.

Again, all just MOO...

I don't know what LE has done or not in this case, and I don't know that Wichita LE is acting any differently than other agencies do in these cases. It seems like there isn't much to go on without the name of this guy she left with, or at least his license plate.

Sadly we see a lot of missing teens here on WS, and of course we know there are countless others who don't even hit the media. IMO, parents are the most important advocate for their missing children.

i have been on the brunt end more than once in my job working with kids about how I'm useless and i don't do anything. It's especially hard to take after a 12 hour day when I've worked my tail off. i know that people don't know what they don't know about my job, but it's still tough. So I try not to judge when I don't have a lot of information to go on. (Don't get me wrong, I can be quite judgmental when I feel like I have reason to be! Maybe I should work on that too :facepalm:)

I do feel that better advocacy for "run-away" and "throw-away" children is needed all across our country. Passionate people stepping forward to ask their elected officials to address these issues is needed.

IMO, a courteous email could be sent to the investigator in this case requesting this child to be listed with NCMEC and NAMUS, but I don't believe that angry voices ever get us very far in trying to advocate for kids.

Again, all just MOO...

WPD will not respond to any calls or emails from the news network or anyone. So no one knows if the WPD will ever do that. Even KAKE who officially ran the story from the beginning has given up because of no responses. And to answer your question I know Law Enforcement in other states would have at least listed the missing teens into NCMEC. WPD still hasn't. Oh they (the police) have the name of the ex boyfriend that was just not shared with KAKE.

Do you know if anyone has spoken to her parents? Sounds like the parents are going to have to take the reins on this.

They should call NCMEC right away and get their daughter listed. The National Child Search Assistance Act requires all reports of missing individuals to be entered in NCIC. NCMEC can probably get that case number or help the parents know how to get it. Also, Klaaskids and the Laura recovery center both have very good information for parents when a child is missing.

There is a forum on here for families of missing persons. Families of the Missing-Resources, helps, tips - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

If KAKE is willing to keep their daughter's story in the spotlight, they should jump on that. So many times it's like pulling teeth to get a story out there!

Do you know if anyone has spoken to her parents? Sounds like the parents are going to have to take the reins on this.

They should call NCMEC right away and get their daughter listed. The National Child Search Assistance Act requires all reports of missing individuals to be entered in NCIC. NCMEC can probably get that case number or help the parents know how to get it. Also, Klaaskids and the Laura recovery center both have very good information for parents when a child is missing.

There is a forum on here for families of missing persons. Families of the Missing-Resources, helps, tips - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/u

If KAKE is willing to keep their daughter's story in the spotlight, they should jump on that. So many times it's like pulling teeth to get a story out there!

I do not know the family personally or I would tell them to not give up and I would tell them about what you said. Only KAKE and the police have contact with her and both of them seem to give up, no one else has contact with the parents.

It's nothing personal, truthfulchat. Unless you are a verified insider or the info is from msm, we consider it a rumor. That's just the way we do things around here. I'm not saying, by any means that what you're saying isn't true, I personally believe you, but if it weren't for these TOS rules people could write whatever they want as facts and nobody would ever know what was really going on. Anyway, I'm glad to know that she is home safe.

Did you see that this is a posting made by Truthful Chat who was also making some posts in this thread right after Sabrina was reported missing?

I realize that this is somehow affiliated with CNN but it seems like anybody can post an iReport? Is that right? It almost seems like a personal blog post. At the top left corner of the photo when you open the link it says "Not Verified by CNN". I don't know that this is MSM (not questioning you, PerfectingPink... I just don't know whether the contents should be considered factual. Although I do find it believable that Sabrina was found safe and it was never reported on. Seems to happen a lot.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCpsyche
Back