KS KS - Sarah Deleon, 19, Kansas City, 29 Dec 1989

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am in shock theses charges were dropped. I though she was arrested in October 2016 due to new DNA evidence. I am outraged

When I was little, my mother told me there was a sign coming into Kansas somewhere that said, "Welcome to Kansas where you can get away with murder." I believed her as a child, figured she was kidding as an adult and am now wondering if it is true.

An article written last month about the murders. From the information, it seems more than likely that Carol Heckert was responsible. However I understand why the charges were dismissed since it is mostly circumstantial.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/did-the-woman-arrested-for-murdering-a-love-rival-kill-a-young-mom-too

Kansas City P.D. put together a Metro-squad—involving police from every precinct, to show a restless public they were taking this one seriously. There was some talk about a jealous ex-girlfriend of Matt’s threatening to get Sarah drunk and cut off all her hair, but Shoman passed it off as catty high school gossip.

<snipped>

Five years before she became Tim’s mistress, Locke said her friend dated a boy named Matt Uland—until he dumped her for Sarah DeLeon.

When Matt dumped her, Carol was furious. At Sarah.

Sheldon O. testified in court that Carol asked him to lure Sarah out of the house, get her drunk, and cut all her hair off. He declined.

A lot more at the link.

Such a horrible miscarriage of justice by the judge. To essentially dismiss the case because he didn't believe that the hulking Carolyn Heckert couldn't possibly drag the much smaller Sarah 14 feet down a hill...wow. You couldn't have let a jury hear this?? The people of Kansas should move to have the judge removed. Take one look at Heckert...It's the face of a tired guilty bitter old woman.

Paul Holes covers the case on Oxygen's "DNA of Murder". This was a year ago and at that time he was due to meet with LE to suggest certain evidence testing for DNA.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back