GUILTY KS - Three adults & toddler brutally murdered, Ottawa, 6 May 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“We were very hopeful that Kaylie would not be the female victim but of course we always knew that that was a strong possibility,” said Shawna Pettijohn, Kaylie’s sister, while speaking at an evening news conference.

Bailey’s body was positively identified through a forensics examination along with her friend, 30-year-old Andrew Stout and roommate, 31-year-old Steven White.

Bailey was reported missing to Olathe police by her family on May 3, a few days after she told them she was going to stay with Stout so he could babysit her daughter, Lana, while she went to work in Ottawa.

http://fox4kc.com/2013/05/08/family-begs-for-safe-return-of-1-yr-old-lana-bailey/

I am glad that this story has made it to WS; I am just literally ILL about this. I live less than 5 min. from the residence, & the entire community is in upheaval, like a black cloud over us all. This is a small rural Kansas town, where I never expected something like this to occur...I have been literally sick/in tears about this, just so unusual for here. So scary as a mom & member of the community.
There is a lot of speculation & rumors going around, & a lot of emotion & frustration,to be sure. I really hope they find Lana safe, and ASAP...but honestly things don't look good.

Is it just me that all those involved really didn't take much interest in the where abouts of the this little girl until the id's had been confirmed. Seems like the ball has been dropped many times with this case. Those involved should be coming together to find this child and stop the bickering. So hope this little girl is alive and safe.

The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office said his deputies have been looking for Lana all this time, along with Olathe police. However, authorities were waiting to positively identify the bodies before moving full steam ahead. Now, the sheriff says, finding Lana, last seen at that rural home, is their number one priority.

“We were going to continue to look for Lana and we have no indication that she is not alive and we are just going to continue to search for this child at the same time were going to continue to investigate this homicide,” Sheriff Richards said.

http://fox4kc.com/2013/05/08/family-begs-for-safe-return-of-1-yr-old-lana-bailey/

lana-bailey-3.jpg

lana8.jpg

Lana is 2 feet tall, weighs 30 pounds, with light brown hair and blue eyes. She was last seen in Olathe.

If you have any information on the location of Lana or have seen the car she was in with her mother, a black 2007 Toyota Corolla, call 911 or 888-311-8477 or the Kansas Bureau of Investigation at 1-800-K-CRIME.

my 3 year old DD just asked me "who's that cute baby?" i said "that's baby Lana". she said "but, where is she?" i said "i dont know :(" and she said "is she at the swapmeet?"

ughhh if only i knew more, baby girl.

Absolutely gorgeous child. Sending up LOTS of prayers for baby Lana tonight.

In cases like this (actually, in all cases..) I always think that the baby is just happily playing somewhere. I'm going to keep hoping and praying that's the case with Lana. I can't really bear to think otherwise.

This does not sound one bit random. I hope they find her. With the delay in looking for her, little Lana may grow up with people who have no right to raise her and she may never have knowledge of her real mother.

Night all, hope I find this thread in another forum in the morning!!

This does not sound one bit random. I hope they find her. With the delay in looking for her, little Lana may grow up with people who have no right to raise her and she may never have knowledge of her real mother.

It is NOT random. The man in custody (check his police record,someone) was reportedly told to move out when the homeowner moved in Lana's mother for non-payment of rent/bills... he lived there for some time before this.

Kansas is my home state, I came over here after seeing tons of posts on Facebook for Lana, I hope she is found soon. There are a lot of good people watching for her, someone knows where she is, it only takes one observant person to help.

LANA-LEIGH BAILEY, Age Now: 1, Missing: 04/28/2013. Missing From OTTAWA, KS. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Ottawa Police Department (Kansas) 1-785-242-3800.

Case Type: Endangered Missing

Circumstances: Lana-Leigh was last seen with her mother on April 28, 2013. Her mother has since been found deceased; however the child's whereabouts are unknown. Lana-Leigh was last seen wearing pink pajamas.

More...

NCMC1215503c1.jpg

What a gorgeous little baby. It is so hard to believe she was harmed by anyone. I cling to my hopes she is being cared for by someone. :heartbeat:

Posted on: 9:33 pm, May 8, 2013, by Barrett Tryon, Gia Vang, Eric Burke and Robert Townsend, updated on: 10:15pm, May 8, 2013

<snipped>
The sheriff said they are speaking with multiple people, including a “person of interest.” However, as of Wednesday evening, there is no one in custody.

“If you have this child, take her to a safe place — a fire station, a church, a hospital…somewhere and drop her off,” said Rachel Helms-Bailey, the paternal grandmother to Lana.

What a beautiful child, so sad that her mother was among those murdered and now nobody knows where Lana is still.

I wonder how long they've known that Kaylie was dead, was she that badly decomposed that they couldn't make an id easily? The whole situation is just plain awful.

I pray that these men had a heart and brought her somewhere to be safe and didn't harm her. I also pray that one of them starts talking very soon.

What a beautiful child, so sad that her mother was among those murdered and now nobody knows where Lana is still.

I wonder how long they've known that Kaylie was dead, was she that badly decomposed that they couldn't make an id easily? The whole situation is just plain awful.

I pray that these men had a heart and brought her somewhere to be safe and didn't harm her. I also pray that one of them starts talking very soon.

She/they were just reported missing on May 3,last seen on May 1.

I love her :( Surely she's alive somewhere !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28
Back