GUILTY KS - Vashti Seacat, 34, found slain in house fire, Kingman, 30 April 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HUGE O/T but:

:floorlaugh: I need to share a giant sigh of relief :floorlaugh: ------------FEDERAL JURY DUTY commitment :stormingmad:(BONDAGE!) :stormingmad: is now over! Really, for TWO months the FEDS owned me...could call and schedule the prospective juror (MOI!) with 24 hr notice and NOPE, my type of current employment would NOT guarantee immediate dismissal from "cases" or sitting around WAITING sans outside electronic communication!:facepalm::facepalm:.

Really, waited ALL day....the USA attys & defense attys voir dired me in 3 cases...child sex exploitation/trafficking, excessive police force/abuse & civil rights abuse, controlled substance:sell, distribute,dispense

HMMMM...........ya think a female forensic pathologist married to a retired LE (homicide/narcotic) might NOT be a good fit in the above cases? :blushing::blushing:

I think this will be easy for Jury. It would be for me.

Too much info and obvious he is lying..

What nonsense.. He killed her and for what??? These poor boys..

Her family has them yes?

I think this will be easy for Jury. It would be for me.

Too much info and obvious he is lying..

What nonsense.. He killed her and for what??? These poor boys..

Her family has them yes?

That's a main question that I have, too. I hope they do.

HUGE O/T but:

:floorlaugh: I need to share a giant sigh of relief :floorlaugh: ------------FEDERAL JURY DUTY commitment :stormingmad:(BONDAGE!) :stormingmad: is now over! Really, for TWO months the FEDS owned me...could call and schedule the prospective juror (MOI!) with 24 hr notice and NOPE, my type of current employment would NOT guarantee immediate dismissal from "cases" or sitting around WAITING sans outside electronic communication!:facepalm::facepalm:.

Really, waited ALL day....the USA attys & defense attys voir dired me in 3 cases...child sex exploitation/trafficking, excessive police force/abuse & civil rights abuse, controlled substance:sell, distribute,dispense

HMMMM...........ya think a female forensic pathologist married to a retired LE (homicide/narcotic) might NOT be a good fit in the above cases? :blushing::blushing:

Sounds like you made it through the ringer! Makes me wonder where my civil liberties end and government ownership over me begin!

I gotta tell you, I know this DT did not have a lot to work with, But still. I just don't see how they helped him much.

So was the proseuctions cross of Mr. Seacat enough? I did not see the opening statements...I wish I had to hear exactly what was said they were going to prove during their cases in chief.

I feel like it could go either way right now depending on whether the jury believes Mr. Seacat or not....What is you guys opinions?

HLN is back to showing the testimony...
Hanley questioning about states #130
the classes he taught at KLATC

n48w45.png

Thank you very much for the information.

But my question remains. If the gun was found under the body then the body shielded it from the effects, ie soot landing on it, from the fire but in the photos the gun looks like it has black soot all over it. IMO that implies that the fire reached the gun, that the body was no longer an obstacle to the soot landing on the gun and if the body is burnt to that point, if it is skeletonized then the lungs are gone. No?

Great points but the death scene is a strange entity!
The gun from the pictures I observed looks like it was oxidized, i.e. that the silver metal "turned" to the base metal during the heat of the fire, aka spot blackened. Additionally there does appear to be some soot like particles present but those particles are present throughout the scene and can adhere to metallic objects.
IF a body is skeletonized, then all of the "soft" tissue is gone, that is all that remains is bone. In this case IIRC, it was testified that NO soot particles were present in the lung (not sure if it was specified as to microscopic &/or gross) and the problem with assigning the MANNER of death was based on the body condition, i.e. head.

So was the proseuctions cross of Mr. Seacat enough? I did not see the opening statements...I wish I had to hear exactly what was said they were going to prove during their cases in chief.

I feel like it could go either way right now depending on whether the jury believes Mr. Seacat or not....What is you guys opinions?

I didn't know this case was on livefeed until it was the defense's turn to present their side. But when other posters post links to prior testimony I am encouraged that the groundwork was laid that BS premeditated the murder of his wife.

Someone just posted a link that shows a good friend of Vashti and Vashti asking her if she thought her husband would burn the house down with her in it. I believe this witness. It is chilling.

Guilty Premeditated Murder

I didn't know this case was on livefeed until it was the defense's turn to present their side. But when other posters post links to prior testimony I am encouraged that the groundwork was laid that BS premeditated the murder of his wife.

Someone just posted a link that shows a good friend of Vashti and Vashti asking her if she thought her husband would burn the house down with her in it. I believe this witness. It is chilling.

I did see that testimony, and it was chilling. But I also saw Mr. Seacat walk all the way through all of these things on his trip through the crib notes....I guess I am just nervous that this guy might get away with this crime.

I know.... wish we had access to the opening statements, but I can't find them

I gotta tell you, I know this DT did not have a lot to work with, But still. I just don't see how they helped him much.

After listening to Seacat's attorney, I gotta say that Jodi Arias' attorneys really fought for her. OTOH, the Arias trial was the only trial I have ever watched and I just tuned into the Seacat trial today (for some reason I thought it started Tues.) and it is over already. I need to find another trial and watch it from the beginning.

Great points but the death scene is a strange entity!
The gun from the pictures I observed looks like it was oxidized, i.e. that the silver metal "turned" to the base metal during the heat of the fire, aka spot blackened. Additionally there does appear to be some soot like particles present but those particles are present throughout the scene and can adhere to metallic objects.
IF a body is skeletonized, then all of the "soft" tissue is gone, that is all that remains is bone. In this case IIRC, it was testified that NO soot particles were present in the lung (not sure if it was specified as to microscopic &/or gross) and the problem with assigning the MANNER of death was based on the body condition, i.e. head.

I agree this is interesting trying to match up what I've heard to what I 'picture' the scene looks like. Here is something else. I hadn't considered. By 'under the body' I assumed this meant under the torso but perhaps it meant any part of her body, her hand or her arm which would burn sooner than her trunk. Which might expose the gun to the effects and intensity of the fire sooner than the protectiveness of a human torso. Hope that makes sense.

PS I still don't know if the lady supposedly shot herself once or twice? This is besides the gun discharging because of the intense heat/fire. And I can't see how two shots to the head is a suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89