GUILTY KS - Vashti Seacat, 34, found slain in house fire, Kingman, 30 April 2011 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
WOW! Is an understatement, but I will have to say Kansas law sucks!

I was bawling during the impact statements. Then when Brett started attacking Vashiti's family I was like judge stop this. Then when he started attacking the judge Wow again.

31 yrs 3 months is not enough, I hope he acts up in prison and adds more time. Plus the state was asking for more $ but the judge was right they would never see it.

What a arrogant narcissistic sob Brett is plus add more to that. I am glad I watched, it was worth it.

WOW! Is an understatement, but I will have to say Kansas law sucks!

I was bawling during the impact statements. Then when Brett started attacking Vashiti's family I was like judge stop this. Then when he started attacking the judge Wow again.

31 yrs 3 months is not enough, I hope he acts up in prison and adds more time. Plus the state was asking for more $ but the judge was right they would never see it.

What a arrogant narcissistic sob Brett is plus add more to that. I am glad I watched, it was worth it.

BBM isn't that the truth......I am glad I heard this or at least Mr. Seacat's statement........and I am glad the judge told him what he thought of his statement.......LOL

I bet Judge Solomon's skin was crawling when Brett was saying all that stuff about him. So unfounded I can't believe he was blaming the judge along with everyone else. Sure didn't want to take any blame himself. Unbelievable!

I bet Judge Solomon's skin was crawling when Brett was saying all that stuff about him. So unfounded I can't believe he was blaming the judge along with everyone else. Sure didn't want to take any blame himself. Unbelievable!

I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't what Mr. Seacat delivered! HOly MOly Mr. Seacat laid it on thick with the blame for everyone but himself.......he sure did NOT beg for mercy, at least not in this reality.....maybe in his own alternate reality what he said passes for begging for mercy. LOL

This is probably the most hate filled defendant statement I have heard to date. He tried to cover anybody and everybody who might have had something to do with his conviction.........

I knew he was arrogant but I didn't expect all of that, will have to follow news of his appeals and whether or not this judge gets on the KSC. lol The accusations he threw, holy cow.

I couldn't believe how many times Brett claimed he saved Vashiti from suicide and then the sexual family assault allegations. Which none I believe, I think it was just Brett trying to act like a person who saved Vashiti.

I hope someone finds his # in prison and you know takes good care of him. lol

My Recap from notes I took:

Brett was in Orange from Kingman County Kansas Jail

Defense asked for motion for New Trial - errors on appeal and for Acquittal Judge says no x2 already - State does their argument. Judges denies the 3rd time on acquittal and says State was credible with the evidence so no new trial.

5 - Family members for Victim Impact Statements
Rick Forrest - Vashiti's brother At the end shows a very large picture of Vashiti and sons.
Taylor Forrest - Vashiti sister
Sydney Hosteler (sp) - I think she is a niece maybe Rick's daughter
Clint Forrest - Vashiti father
Jeff ? - Vashiti sister's husband

Defence argues for lower sentence because of no prior history, etc.

Then Brett does his talking See above post for commentary.

Judge - Dangerous Violent offender

Sentence 25 yrs for pre-meditated murder Life W/O parole in Kansas
61 mo for arson
14 mo for endangering children 7 mo for each child x 2
=31 yrs 3 months

$11,266.78 fine to go to the Crime Victims Fund

When he get out he has to register within 3 business days to server a lifetime of parole. Can never own a firearm ever again.

I would be at every parole hearing to keep him where he needs to be. This vile creature deserves nothing.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.kwch.com/news/kwch-kah-b...for-killing-his-wife-20130805,0,6815116.story

Brett Seacat was sentenced to life in prison for the murder of his wife Vashti. Before hearing his sentence, Seacat spoke out accusing Vashti's family of hurting her. He also accused the judge of hiding evidence for publicity.

After Seacat's statement, Judge Larry Solomon told Seacat he lives in some sort of alternate reality. He said he wasn't going to bother addressing what Seacat said in court because it was so bizzare. He went on to say it only provded that the jury made the appropriate decision in this case.

Two words: da fuq

I can't believe BS would go odd on the judge like that. What a

http://www.kake.com/news/headlines/Former-Lawman-Faces-Sentencing-In-Wifes-Death-218348801.html

this shows the impact statements and underneath are the links to the other 2 videos of the day.

im only on the 2nd victim impact statement and ive already been in floods of tears.

poor vashti

Thanks for finding that josie, I had been looking on Youtube and hadn't found anything.

I know I was bawling so hard I couldn't even respond on the thread while it was going on.

Enjoy when Brett gets up!

Thanks for finding that josie, I had been looking on Youtube and hadn't found anything.

I know I was bawling so hard I couldn't even respond on the thread while it was going on.

Enjoy when Brett gets up!

i couldn't find it on youtube either so i went looking and thats the only place i could find with it.

he is just beyond arrogant,i could barely stomach listening to him.

the judge hit the nail on the head with everything he said,good riddence to bad rubbish.

HLN Dr. Drew getting ready to show Brett Seacat going after the judge during sentencing today.

I need to watch this. I wondered how he would react. I'm amazed at the arrogance of people caught red handed. Off to find video.

A TV documentary about a former Kansas police instructor who murdered his wife and set their Kingman home on fire in April 2011 could air as early as Sept. 27.

"Dateline NBC," a primetime broadcast for NBC News, has been following the case of Brett T. Seacat for about two years, compiling interviews of witnesses and those involved in the case.

http://hutchnews.com/Todaystop/Dateline-show-on-Seacat-case--1

I can't wait to watch this, wow! I knew they had a CNN truck parked outside of the courthouse during the trial, I didn't realize NBC was there also. This should be a very interesting Dateline.

Just received a message that on 10/11 Dateline will feature the Brett Seacat story!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back