KY KY - Alice Jefferson, 21, Fort Campbell, 1 July 1975

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Print, Share, distribute around the area from which she is missing. Someone obviously knows something. Let's bring the case back to the public eye!

Attachments

• MISSING Jefferson.jpg
    MISSING Jefferson.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 3
I spoke with Lee Jantz, Associate Director of the Forensic Anthropology Center at UTK about Collierville Jane Doe. First, I just want to say that she is wonderful and I'm glad that someone like her is pushing for answers for the unidentified.

The "bones found by a fisherman" are actually four bones: a scapula, ulna, sacrum and one other. Measurements and examinations of these bones led to the conclusion that they likely belonged to that of an African American female between 21-30. The ulna was in the best condition so it was sent for DNA testing, but there wasn't enough for a good profile. She said that they're keeping an eye on changes in DNA technology and plan to retest in the future as science evolves.

She was also contacted by Detective May with the Army CID at some point in the past, but couldn't recall offhand what conclusion they came to in regards to Collierville Jane and the possible match to Alice. She also noted that they have another case of a 12-14 year old female UID that wasn't a good candidate for DNA analysis, but hopes that it, too, will have answers with developing technology. Edited to correct: the 12-14 year old female does have DNA on file and will soon be a candidate for genetic genealogy. I misread my notes o_O
This is amazing. I was coming here to suggest the Tennesse Jane Doe with Alice only to see you’ve already gone at great lengths with it!

I hope we can continue to advance dna testing wise (I’m looking at you Paramore Jane Doe/Mabel Andrews) and we can continue to solve and/or eliminate the possible matches for all the DOES out there.

March 21, 2023

Sept 25, 2018

"[husband] Jefferson now lives in Lebanon, Pennsylvania."

Looks like he has escaped....
If this is, indeed, the same Lee Andrew Jefferson who was married to Alice, I'm so angry right now I could spit nails.

If this is, indeed, the same Lee Andrew Jefferson who was married to Alice, I'm so angry right now I could spit nails.
Seems to meet everything I found -- should be easy enough to verify....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back