KY - Charles Eapmon, 32, & Carolyn Tomlinson, 28, murdered, Erlanger, 6 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I also wanted to say, it looks like there's a Charles that named two sons Charles, and the one killed was called Doug, by his middle name. I'm just guessing they were stepbrothers, as they don't look anything alike.

https://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-161034786.html ......Another story about this guy. Charles E. Eapman who may or may not be related to the Charles Douglas Eapmon who was killed in April 2016

Charles E Eapmon approx age now - 51 yrs. ? Wonder if he is a relative as you say above. Getting very confusing.

Confusing? It gets worse.

There's CDE, 32, the deceased in Erlinger.

And another CDE (different middle name), approx. 55 in Jefferson Co. (Louisville area)

A CJE, approx. 29 in Kenton Co.

A CEE, maybe 50/51 or maybe b. in 1958 (or maybe two different CEEs) currently residing in the Kenton County Detention Center as of 5-2-2016 on an unspecified charge. Hmmm.

Another CEE, 83 -- possibly deceased at that age. Has lived in Florence, Bellevue, Covington KY and Cincinnati OH.

Some of them known to use aliases....

I had to stop for a bit. I won't even swear that I typed those correctly from my notes.

And we thought the Rhoden family names were confusing. LOL. :)

ETA: Replied earlier before I read at your link.

Yeesh. Another avenue of potential retaliation.

I'm gonna need a better word than gnarly.

Confusing? It gets worse.

There's CDE, 32, the deceased in Erlinger.

And another CDE (different middle name), approx. 55 in Jefferson Co. (Louisville area)

A CJE, approx. 29 in Kenton Co.

A CEE, maybe 50/51 or maybe b. in 1958 (or maybe two different CEEs) currently residing in the Kenton County Detention Center as of 5-2-2016 on an unspecified charge. Hmmm.

Another CEE, 83 -- possibly deceased at that age. Has lived in Florence, Bellevue, Covington KY and Cincinnati OH.

Some of them known to use aliases....

I had to stop for a bit. I won't even swear that I typed those correctly from my notes.

And we thought the Rhoden family names were confusing. LOL. :)

Haha, I had the same experience. And they all have kids so young, and they are all involved with drugs, I'm starting to think that the whole area is like this. :) (To be fair, CT's baby daddy had trouble with the law, but I have no idea what kind.)

Haha, I had the same experience. And they all have kids so young, and they are all involved with drugs, I'm starting to think that the whole area is like this. :) (To be fair, CT's baby daddy had trouble with the law, but I have no idea what kind.)

I don't think the area is necessarily any worse or any better than many places.

We simply become aware when we look closely.

My world got rocked when I was forced to open my eyes to what really goes on under some surfaces in my neck of the world.

I lived next door to it for years. Didn't dawn on me until I became a crime victim as to who all and what all was really at play.

I don't think the area is necessarily any worse or any better than many places.

We simply become aware when we look closely.

My world got rocked when I was forced to open my eyes to what really goes on under some surfaces in my neck of the world.

I lived next door to it for years. Didn't dawn on me until I became a crime victim as to who all and what all was really at play.

You are so right. And I'm sorry for your bad experience. Your awareness was a good thing to come out of it.
I live in Oslo, the capital of Norway, small town in US standard. 650 000 people, and one of those people stabbed another outside my kitchen window a few days ago. And they fit a type too. :) I live in an area with a lot of municipal housing, it goes with the territory. Not the first time I've seen it, but it's all explainable in context, and does not compare to what we are discussing in here.

There are also three bodies (two women and one man) recently recovered in the Ohio River.

No reason at this time other than similar geography of the Ohio River to connect these deceased persons to this KY case or the Piketon OH cases, but maybe worth keeping an eye on.

http://www.lex18.com/story/31958734...?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_LEX_18

The article also states that KSP is asking the public in the area to keep their eyes open for a possible fourth body and a capsized boat.

One of the 3 Ohio River bodies has been identified as a 51-year-old woman who committed suicide by jumping off a bridge.

Notes were left in a van parked near the bridge.

Her body was discovered on Thursday, 5-12.

Investigators are fairly certain her body is unrelated to the other two.

I think it's safe to say that her death is unconnected to the Erlanger murders or the Pike County, OH murders.

May she rest in peace.

Investigators are now saying that the other two bodies could have come from as far away as Cincinnati.

Troopers say the investigation is still in the early phases; however, detectives say they are "very confident" this particular case is unrelated to the two other bodies located in the Ohio River this week.

The first body, a woman was found Wednesday in Perry County. Just two hours later, a barge crew spotted a man's body near the Natcher Bridge in Daviess County.

Troopers say those bodies could have come from as far as Cincinnati, Ohio.

Police have ruled out drowning as the cause of death. A criminal investigation is underway.

http://m.14news.com/14news/db_345576/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=LI4Fi1oL

There is a whole lot of difference and miles between Pike County, Ohio and Elsmere, Kentucky.

Elsmere is a suburb of Greater Cincinnati which has a Metro Area of over 2 million.

Pike County is a small rural county located 80 miles or so East of Cincinnati.

:):):)

Thanks, Everyday Grace. This is an interesting case, too, with some similarities. Great work putting the thread together! Hope we get some answers.

I'm heading out of town tomorrow, but wanted to mention, IIRC, the first article about this case mentioned the people who found them didn't hear anything. It seemed like they were living in the same house, but I could be wrong. It's the article that was first linked in the Rhoden thread.

Thanks, Everyday Grace. This is an interesting case, too, with some similarities. Great work putting the thread together! Hope we get some answers.

I'm heading out of town tomorrow, but wanted to mention, IIRC, the first article about this case mentioned the people who found them didn't hear anything. It seemed like they were living in the same house, but I could be wrong. It's the article that was first linked in the Rhoden thread.

Thanks, Betty. Appreciate the reminder about the info in that article. My brain hit info overload today. :)

Enjoy your week and don't spend too much of your time checking in here...lol. Or do.

I'll do what I can to help keep the media page for the Rhodens up to date as I'm sure others will, too.

This case has turned out to be interesting, for sure.

Definitely hoping for some answers here and for the Rhoden family, their community, and all who loved them and will miss their presence.

Have a great week!

From a 4-7-2016 Cincinnati Enquirer article:

The two bodies were found Wednesday morning by family members inside a house in the 400 block of Merravay Drive, officials said.

Police requested surveillance footage from a neighbor's security system with the hope it would reveal more information.

Hueslman and another neighbor, Kim Estep, said police were often called to the home.

"Police are here three or four times a week during the summer," Estep said. She explained that despite this the tight-knit street she's lived on for 12 years is generally quiet.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...16/04/06/two-bodies-found-nky-house/82702752/

The article also states that police confirmed that the children in the home were safe and unharmed.

ETA: I just looked at the photo slideshow at this link. The pain on the faces of people who may be family members is excruciating.

A reminder to me that no matter what our wrongs in life may be, or wrongs committed upon us, we are all human beings who can be touched by the pain of grief.

"The autopsies confirmed that both were victims of a homicide," said Kenton Co. Commonwealth's Attorney Rob Sanders. Investigators won't yet say how Tomlinson and Eapmon were killed and whether any suspects have been identified. "Only the person or persons responsible know what the cause of death is and we don't want to create a risk of people creating false information based on what they heard or read in the media."

Elsmere Police will continue to lead the investigation.

"This is not believed to be any sort of random act of violence," Sanders said. "Whoever is responsible for these homicides went to this specific house intentionally."

http://www.rcnky.com/articles/2016/04/14/man-woman-elsmere-were-murdered-investigators-believe

http://www.rcnky.com/articles/2013/08/21/convicted-man-who-tried-lure-teen-sex-others

(At link, scroll to second story. Headline about lurking teens is not about this case.)

Story about Biddle leads to Eapmon.
curious that Biddle was in California.

RCN:
Thomas Biddle could be going away for quite a while aftre pleading guilty to a litany of charges, including trafficking in oxycodone, being a persistent felony offender, bail jumping, escape, tampering with a prisoner monitoring device, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. In all he faces up to 35 years in prison. What did Biddle do?

SANDERS: Thomas Biddle was part of an Organized Crime case investigated by the NKY Drug Strike Force back in 2010. Biddle worked for a drug dealer named Doug Eapmon who was selling illegal pain pills via a large network of "sub-contractors" who sold the pills in Boone and Kenton Counties. Eapmon and several other defendants pled guilty and were sent off to prison long ago. While the case was pending, Biddle was out of jail but ordered to wear an electronic ankle bracelet monitored by the Kenton County Detention Center and on "home incarceration." Facing a very likely conviction given the fact he was recorded on video selling pills, Biddle decided to flee the area rather than go to prison. He cut off his ankle monitor and left his home incarceration on December 20, 2010. He then failed to appear in court for his next hearing later the same day.

Biddle was believed to have fled to the West Coast where he was known to have relatives but could not be found until April, 2013, when he was arrested in California. Biddle was extradited back to Kentucky. One August 12, 2013 Biddle pled guilty to two counts of Trafficking in a Controlled Substance 1st Degree as well as the Escape, Tampering with a Prison Monitoring Device, and Bailjumping charges he picked up when he absconded. Asst. Commonwealth's Attorney Casey Burns is recommending a total of 20 years in prison for all the charges. Biddle is scheduled for final sentencing before Kenton Circuit Judge Patricia Summe onSeptember 24, 2013.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/...Court.html?soid=1101862056273&aid=IPDUDQEJMp0

Biddle was sentenced to 20 years.

Speculation on my part: may relate to Pike County.
I am am suspicious of Biddle because he spent time in California.
The marijuana package sent to Pike County post office in February 2016 was from California.
Biddle was incarcerated at the time, but may have had a hand in it thru others.
Ive always thought that package was sent thru mail to 'set someone up'. Mailing MJ is just not done if you want secrecy.

Authorities have released the identity of the other woman whose body was found in the Ohio River this past week.

They are stating her death as a result of foul play. She has been identified as a 30 year-old woman from Louisville.

Her body was the first to be discovered in the river. My recall is that she was discovered on Wednesday around noon to the best of my reckoning.

The man's body was discovered a couple of hours after hers.

The third body was discovered on Thursday and has been identified as a woman from Indiana who committed suicide.

Her death is considered to be unrelated to the other two bodies.

According to the coroner 30-year-old Sarah Lindsay Ipock of Louisville died of causes related to foul play. Her body was the first pulled from the river near Troy, Indiana, Wednesday morning. Indiana state troopers are now investigating her death as a homicide.

Two hours after Ipock's body was found a man's body was recovered near Owensboro, Kentucky. Police say he had a gunshot wound to the head and marks around his neck.

http://www.lex18.com/story/31974729/kentucky-woman-identified-as-body-pulled-from-ohio-river

Authorities have released the identity of the other woman whose body was found in the Ohio River this past week.

They are stating her death as a result of foul play. She has been identified as a 30 year-old woman from Louisville.

Her body was the first to be discovered in the river. My recall is that she was discovered on Wednesday around noon to the best of my reckoning.

The man's body was discovered a couple of hours after hers.

The third body was discovered on Thursday and has been identified as a woman from Indiana who committed suicide.

Her death is considered to be unrelated to the other two bodies.

http://www.lex18.com/story/31974729/kentucky-woman-identified-as-body-pulled-from-ohio-river

I swear you take your life in your hands everytime you venture near Louisville. Kinda' O/T. Maybe. :)

ETA: My gut feeling is these 2 bodies pulled from the river that are obvious homicides, probably aren't related to this couple in Erlanger or the Ohio massacre. It's like daily murders around here.

I swear you take your life in your hands everytime you venture near Louisville. Kinda' O/T. Maybe. :)

ETA: My gut feeling is these 2 bodies pulled from the river that are obvious homicides, probably aren't related to this couple in Erlanger or the Ohio massacre. It's like daily murders around here.

Yes, it's a long shot for these to connect to either. Better odds for a connect to the KY murders than Ohio.

Likely, though, that if the two river bodies are connected to one another it will have drug addiction/trafficking somewhere in the mix.

Hate to have to say that and I could be way off.

Your post made me think about the increase in homicides in Dallas and elsewhere when I first read it yesterday.

Came across the following article today whilst out and about amongst the weeds:

The number of homicides increased in the first months of 2016 in more than two dozen major U.S. cities, going up in places that also saw spiking violence last year, according to statistics released Friday.

The increases were small in some areas, and many big cities also had declines. But the numbers were particularly grim for a handful of places — Chicago, Los Angeles, Dallas and Las Vegas — where the number of homicides increased in the first three months of 2016 after killings and other violent crimes also went up in 2015.

"I don’t know what the answer is, but holy cow, do we have a problem,” Comey said.

During his remarks, Comey said he was worried about this being “a problem most of America can drive around.” As examples, he said that on Chicago’s Magnificent Mile or the Las Vegas Strip, people may not be as acutely aware of the killings in other parts of those cities.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...dozen-major-u-s-cities/?tid=pm_national_pop_b

Back to the weeds....

Here's something interesting about Eapmon. It looks like he tried to throw a codefendant under the bus in a 2003 MJ and Cocaine trafficking case. This link is to his appeal on that case.

http://162.114.92.72/COA/2004-CA-000884.pdf

Eapmon did not testify in his own defense. He offered instead the testimony of several witnesses to establish that the car did not belong to him (contrary to what he had allegedly told the police) but that it was actually owned by his co-defendant, Collins. Three of Eapmon’s friends testified that
they saw Collins driving the Beretta for several days immediately preceding the incident. Barbara Eapmon, the appellant’s grandmother with whom he resided, told the jury that she had purchased the Beretta for $600 from Jordan’s Auto Repair on September 6, 2003. Within days of the sale, a knocking noise in the car caused her to become dissatisfied with the automobile. She put a “for sale” sign on the car and parked it in her driveway. She testified that Collins saw the sign in the car while visiting her grandson and offered to buy it from her for $800. She stated that she gave him the title to the vehicle and the only set of keys.

Testifying in his own defense, Collins denied having made any agreement with Mrs. Eapmon for the purchase of the Beretta or having ever driven the vehicle prior to the night of his arrest. He said that he was driving on the night in question because Eapmon called and asked him to drive him around as Eapmon’s driver’s license was suspended and there were a lot of police on the streets. He said that he met Eamon and Eapmon’s girlfriend at a service station where he left his car.

"Just the facts, ma'am" - Sgt. Joe Friday

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saygoodbyetohollywood
Back