Found Deceased KY - Chloe Darnell, 4 ( Brittney Slaughter 24, her cousin/guardian, arrested) not seen since Sep 2023, Canada Town, Whitley County

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I call <modsnip - advertiser censored> - they are both lying. There was a padlock on the door of Chloe's room. Can any one of us say we have ever put a padlock on our child's bedroom door? This child was undoubtedly locked in her room for long periods of time. She was abused to the point of death, there was no "accidental fall". Chloe was struck on the head with an object - after which neither of them sought medical treatment for her.

I hope they both get LWOP!! Brittany should have left or given Chloe to one of the other relatives, she had alternatives to letting her die :mad:

Drugs are making people crazy. And the worst thing is people who need pain meds are being denied them. A friend's mother has stage 4 cancer and all they will give her is tramadol. She ended up in the hospital after suffering for a week. They say since she comes to the city for treatments they can't prescribe for her. The family doctor can't prescribe either and she lives too far away from a pain clinic which is the only choice. So her only other option was hospice. I am not even exaggerating.

The irony of it all. Oxycontin was developed for terminal cancer patients and drs can no longer prescribe it.

Punish the victim. Makes me sick.

Drugs are making people crazy. And the worst thing is people who need pain meds are being denied them. A friend's mother has stage 4 cancer and all they will give her is tramadol. She ended up in the hospital after suffering for a week. They say since she comes to the city for treatments they can't prescribe for her. The family doctor can't prescribe either and she lives too far away from a pain clinic which is the only choice. So her only other option was hospice. I am not even exaggerating.

The irony of it all. Oxycontin was developed for terminal cancer patients and drs can no longer prescribe it.

Punish the victim. Makes me sick.
That’s horrible, I’m so sorry she is going through cancer, let alone cannot receive the pain relief she needs.

Although we don't have any definitive information yet regarding Chloe's cause of death, IMO there is a strong possibility the events as described by Slaughter and Hayes regarding Chloe accidentally falling to her death may not be factual.

Deputy testifies of corporal punishment injuries, efforts to hide body in death of Ky. child

[...]
On November 17, Slaughter was found, and she told police where the child was and what reportedly happened to her. Slaughter claimed it was an accident. In a court hearing Monday, officials said the toddler, Chloe Darnell, may have been the victim of severe corporal punishment. A Whitley County deputy said Adam Hayes interviewed three times and told a different story each time about where he was when Darnell fell from a small shelf in her bedroom.

The deputy said Hayes claimed they performed CPR for six hours, but they never called for EMS. “He was high. He had drugs in the house and she was deceased,” Lt. David Lassiter explained.

Slaughter also told police Hayes would spank or hit Darnell so hard that she would have to step in to stop it. Autopsy results are not complete but did show signs of various injuries to her head and chest. “Ribs were found to have separation or fractures,” Lassiter said.

Slaughter and Hayes were both charged with murder.
[...]

MOO, but the claim by Hayes that he performed CPR on Chloe for 'six hours' seems highly unlikely. I have very little confidence that any statements made by Slaughter or Hayes can or should be taken as fact. Again, MOO.

Cpr for six hours, probably more like six minutes, if at all. These two make me sick.
People who are fit and trained in it struggle to do CPR for more than ten or fifteen minutes without another person taking over; it's incredibly physical. Six hours straight is just so patently false it's ridiculous.

MOO

A coworker and I swapped doing CPR on a beagle for 23 minutes and we were both exhausted. 6 hours is B.S. imo.

Rigor mortis would also have set in during that time imo

People who are fit and trained in it struggle to do CPR for more than ten or fifteen minutes without another person taking over; it's incredibly physical. Six hours straight is just so patently false it's ridiculous.
Agreed. AFAIK, MSM hasn't indicated that either of these people were trained in CPR to begin with.

MOO, but as mentioned earlier I find it difficult to believe any statements made by either Slaughter or Hayes.

I mean no disrespect but people who aren't very bright seem to think their preposterous lies are believable.

It is sad to watch parents/relatives abuse their children in some twisted sort of love. It makes me think they don't really know what love is.

Mugshots and charges are showing up on Whitley County Detention Center's website.
One of Hayes's charges is possession of heroin.
The abuse of a corpse charge hurts my heart and soul.

This article also mentions a previous arrest of BF for child abuse (plus more info of trying to find Bio Mom to get DNA swab):

"It isn't the first time that Hayes has been connected to a child abuse case, Campbell County Sheriff Wayne Barton tells PEOPLE. On Christmas Day 2009, Hayes was charged with felony aggravated child abuse and neglect, as well as charges for allegedly assaulting a police officer and for allegedly running away when officers tried to arrest him, according to Barton. And in the case closed in 2010, Hayes was convicted for felony assault involving a child in the Tennessee county, which borders Whitley, Ky, according to investigator Lassiter."

A coworker and I swapped doing CPR on a beagle for 23 minutes and we were both exhausted. 6 hours is B.S. imo.

Rigor mortis would also have set in during that time imo

you know how there's a grain of truth in everything makes me wonder where the 6 hour window came from - maybe that was the amount of time it took for her to die after they assaulted her

you know how there's a grain of truth in everything makes me wonder where the 6 hour window came from - maybe that was the amount of time it took for her to die after they assaulted her

or how long it took one (or both) of them to be sober up enough to realize there was A Big Problem, and craft their story?

jmho ymmv lrr

Couple accused of murdering 4-year-old Chloe Darnell back in court
From ABC36 on 27-November. Mostly a repeat of known information but IMO worth posting. BBM below.

[...]
WHITLEY COUNTY, Ky (WTVQ)- The couple accused in the murder of 4-year old Chloe Darnell were back in a Whitley County courtroom Monday morning. Brittany Slaughter and Adam Hayes were in court for a preliminary hearing, where Whitley County Sheriff’s lieutenant David Lassiter testified.

Lassiter says he received a request from a family member for a welfare check on Brittany Slaughter and Chloe Darnell. He says he went to a home on Ova Lane in Whitley County, where he spoke with Adam Hayes. According to police testimony, Hayes says he hadn’t seen Slaughter or Darnell in days.
[...]

[...]
Lassiter returned to the home on November 15th to execute a search warrant, where he found blood splatters on the front porch of the home. He says broken glass and shell casings in the driveway. Investigators then went inside the home. When asked to describe the conditions, Lassiter says, “Filthy. I’m not trying to be unkind here. The house was covered in urine and dog feces.”

Lassiter says there was a padlock on Chloe’s bedroom door. Drugs and a handgun were found in Hayes’ room.

Brittany Slaughter was located the same day at another home.

She knew law enforcement was looking for her and she just didn’t want to be found,” Lassiter testifies.
[...]

ETA:
MOO, but given the living conditions in and around the home I find it very difficult to believe statements from either Slaughter or Hayes regarding Chloe's care and treatment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
internationalsleuth
Back