KY KY - Crystal Rogers Media Thread *NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Update:
September 24, 2015
Re: Officer Nick Houck
Officer Nick Houck has been suspended without pay until further notice.
Regards,
John Royalty, Mayor
Chief McCubbin may suspend an officer with pay and suspend police powers, which he did recently however only the mayor can suspend without pay. Mayor Royalty has reviewed the request and made his decision effective today.
At this time there are no other updates that may legally be released. When a decision is determined or adjudicated there will be further updates and releases.

https://www.facebook.com/BardstownPoliceDept?ref=ts&fref=ts

http://www.wdrb.com/story/30279253/...own-woman-likely-dead-boyfriend-now-a-suspect

[...]
In a press conference regarding the dismissal of Brooks Houck’s brother Nick Houck from the Bardstown Police Department, Mattingly said Brooks Houck is now a suspect and Nick Houck has been interfering with an ongoing investigation into Rogers' disappearance.

Rogers’ family members have said Brooks Houck has not helped them search for her. In the Order, Royalty wrote that Nick Houck "did not cooperate with (the) ongoing criminal investigation.

According to the mayor's release, Houck called his brother while the brother was being interviewed by the Nelson County Sheriff's Department as part of the investigation of Rogers' disappearance.

The mayor said Houck knew his brother was being interviewed and the call was enough to be considered interference and put his brother's interests ahead of the public's interest.

In an interview with Kentucky State Police, Houck said he told his brother he "should protect himself" and that "they might be trying to trip him up," which contradicted affidavits by both brothers.

The mayor said later in July Houck failed a polygraph test administered by the FBI, which was a violation for the city of Bardstown policy and canon of ethics. Royalty said during the time period, Houck continuously claimed he couldn't remember details -- mundane and significant -- even regarding city property, including his take-home police cruiser.

http://www.wlky.com/news/bardstown-... Kentucky&utm_medium=FBPAGE&utm_source=Social

A story about Crystal's family's reaction to NH's firing and details behind his firing:

http://m.wlky.com/news/family-of-missing-woman-responds-to-developments-in-case/35889526

This story says that earlier in the investigation, his cruiser was seized, but they won't release whether they found any evidence. However, the sheriff said, "He has knowledge of what has happened."

Also, this story is a later one than the one that Hoosgirl posted above in this thread from the same news station, and the reporter reiterates that Crystal's boyfriend BH is a suspect but has not yet been charged.

It's useful to watch the video since the Sheriff speaks in it.

Just saw this posted by Nbc news on twitter. http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...earance-his-brother-terminated-police-n447131
Boyfriend of Crystal Rogers Named Suspect in Disappearance, His Brother Terminated from Police Department
by RACHAEL TROST

Three months after Kentucky mother of five Crystal Rogers vanished, police have named her boyfriend Brooks Houck a suspect in her disappearance.

(modsnip)

Along with announcing Houck as an official suspect last Friday, Nelson County Sheriff Ed Mattingly says he believes Rogers is dead.

(modsnip)

Just last week, Houck's brother Nick Houck, who worked as a Bardstown City police officer, was terminated from the department after officials say he interfered with the investigation of Crystal's disappearance.

(modsnip)

"Since they named him a suspect, I feel like they're working now, which I always thought the Sheriff Department was doing a good job, but it makes me feel a lot better," Tommy Ballard, Crystal's father, told WDRB.

If you have any information that can help the investigation, please contact the Nelson County Sheriff's Office at (502) 348-3211.

RELATED
- Crystal Rogers Missing 10 Days, Family Questions Boyfriend's Story

New info on Houck dismissal gives insight into Rogers case
Ana Rivera, @WHAS11Ana 6:44 p.m. EDT October 19, 2015

[...]
The chief says Houck's violations continued throughout the month of July, including Houck's refusal to speak with investigators. On July 15th, he spoke with state police but refused to take a polygraph test. Ultimately, he agreed to take the test while he was on duty July 24th...a test he would go on to fail.

[...]
Houck's interview with the FBI following the test is transcribed below:

“It's no longer a matter of do you know of anything that happened. We're passed that now. I give everybody a fair test. I'm no longer asking you if you know. You do,” said an FBI investigator.

The officer says he did particularly bad on questions asking if he knew where Rogers' was.

“Do you know where Crystal is right now? Are you hiding any information about what happened to Crystal? You didn't tell me the truth on both of those questions.”

When the examiner questions him about not being truthful--Houck responds angrily.

“You haven’t been completely truthful about things.”
“I've been 100% truthful,” Houck responds.
“Listen to what I'm saying.”
“You listen to what I'm saying I've been 100% truthful.”
“Why are you yelling at me?”
“Because you're telling me I'm lying and I'm not. I know the truth.”

UPDATE: Family of missing Bardstown woman takes a break from searching Monday
Posted: Oct 19, 2015 3:09 PM CST - Updated: Oct 19, 2015 9:36 PM CST

UPDATE: Crystal Rogers' family took a break from their search efforts Monday. Family contacted WDRB late Monday night to clarify that they would continue consistently searching for her and that Monday was simply a respite from the exhaustive search for her. Family had been scouring the woods in Nelson County every day for the last three months. However, the team of specialized K-9 searchers returned to Florida.

[...]
On Monday, Oct. 19, for the first time in months, Crystal's family did not spend their afternoon digging through the trenches of Nelson County looking for her body.

Just days earlier on Oct. 16, the family received news of a grim reality: investigators now believe she is dead. It is news that her family is still trying to deal with.

Investigators now say Crystal's boyfriend, Brooks Houck, is the only suspect in her disappearance.

"I mean I don't know what to tell her kids about whether she's coming back because I can't prove to them that's she's not," Sherry said. "I don't want to take away that little window of hope."

New details released in disappearance of Bardstown mom, Crystal Rogers
UPDATED 11:23 PM EDT Oct 19, 2015

Nearly 200 pages of documents and several hours of police interviews, hearings, and phone calls were included in the discovery.

[...]
Houck is seen becoming emotional, saying his focus is the couple's 2-year-old son, Eli and the safe return of Crystal. Still, claiming his innocence, he agreed to cooperate.

"I don't need an attorney. I haven't asked for an attorney but this is really starting to get silly," he's heard telling a detective.

[...]
"Did you burn anything Friday night?" the investigator asks.

Houck replies, "Yes, it's not uncommon. I don't want stuff piling up to the moon. I always light a fire."

[...]
Brooks Houck is heard on the phone telling Nick Houck, "I'm innocent. I haven't done anything wrong."

Still, the interview comes to an end. One week later, the man on the other line, Nick Houck, comes in to talk with police.

[...]
"There's a couple spots in your trunk and that blanket lit up like Chernobyl. Why would that be?" an investigator asks of apparent blood splatter discovered in the trunk.

Houck replies there would not be blood in the cruiser's trunk. The investigator presses on, "Okay, bodily fluids."

Houck said, "I don't have a clue."

Ex-Cop Failed Lie Detector Test Over Brother's Missing Girlfriend
Brooks Houck was fired after the interrogation focusing on the July 3 disappearance of Crystal Rogers.
David Lohr - Senior Crime Reporter, The Huffington Post
Posted: 10/20/2015 07:12 PM EDT

[...]
"You did not pass the test," an FBI polygraph examiner told Nick Houck in a police interrogation video released on Monday. "It's pretty clear that you haven't told me the complete truth and the questions you are having problems with are questions about Crystal and, in particular, whether or not you know where she is right now."

Houck denied being dishonest with the examiner and said he doubted the validity of the test.

"I don't give a goddam what your f--king computer said," Houck told the examiner, according to the video. "You're calling me a f--king liar [and] I don't like it when people call me a liar."

[...]
At a press conference on Friday, Nelson County Sheriff Ed Mattingly named Brooks Houck a suspect in his girlfriend's disappearance and said authorities suspect Nick Houck knows what happened to her.

"I have eight pages of circumstances that lead me to look in their direction, yes," Mattingly said.

The sheriff acknowledged for the first time that authorities believe Rogers is dead.

"Crystal Rogers was extremely close with her family," the sheriff said. "She has had no contact with her family. There are certain things people do when they exist on this earth and she has vanished on this earth."

Bardstown police cited what they said was Nick Houck's interference with the investigation in his firing.

"I expect, demand, and will accept nothing less than ethical, professional, proactive officers on this department," Bardstown Police Chief Rick McCubbin said in a statement released on Saturday. "While the difficult task of firing an officer will always weigh heavy, I will not hesitate to remove one if our profession, our badge, or our oath and affirmation, are tarnished."

much more at the link

Kentucky State Police detectives executed a search warrant at the home of Anna Whitesides, the grandmother to Brooks Houck, on Tuesday morning.

Houck was named the main suspect in the disappearance of Crystal Rogers, who was reported missing in the summer of 2015.

KSP Trooper Jeff Gregory would not confirm if Tuesday's search had any connection to the Rogers' case.

http://www.whas11.com/mb/amp/news/l...mans-home-connected-to-brooks-houck/459376297

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse
Back