Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
The family of a McCreary County man who has been missing for three weeks is offering a reward and says they're increasingly concerned for his safety.

Darren Kidd was last seen Jan. 3. His family says people who were last seen with him claim he walked off into the woods but that their stories have changed over time.

"Running around with our heads cut off. People telling us here and there, phone calls, you really don't know, you know?" said Kidd's cousin Michelle Kennedy. "And, 'I heard this, I heard this one's involved.'"

Kidd's girlfriend reported him missing Jan. 4, and Kidd's family members say she and others originally said he walked off after an argument.

"They was just telling us, 'He got down there, got into an argument, walked off,'" said Kennedy. "Trying to put him in other, putting the blame off on other people."

Almost three weeks later, Kidd's family suspects the worst.

"There's foul play, something is going on," said Kennedy, who said she doesn't hold out much hope that Kidd is alive.

Kidd's loved ones have put up a $5,000 reward hoping someone will lead them to answers.

"We need him, so we can try to get back to normal," Kennedy said.*"A little normal, but it'll never be normal again."

http://www.lex18.com/story/37323003/missing-mccreary-co-mans-family-seeks-answers

d34da53774945fbf0ead608ab0e3db1e.jpg

Out in the woods....last known location....

a912fe1558fdf3d31ef6cacbed88170b.jpg

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Different stories of what actually happened and who was there? This is not sounding good at all. Possible that he never even walked into the woods at all. If there was some sort of foul play they probably would not send them in the direction of any crime scene. Hoping that is not the case here.

I grew up down there and am following the case. This was posted by the facebook group:

Today marks, day 50, that 35 year old Darren Kidd wentmissing from Kidd’s School Road in Pine Knot, Kentucky. I recently had theopportunity to speak with Sheriff Randy Waters about what efforts are beingdone in order to locate him and how the investigation is going. I could tellfrom the tone in his voice that this case was personal for him. This has beenthe only major case, of its type, that has fallen on our current sheriffswatch, and he doesn’t plan on giving up until he solves it. Here are a few ofhis words. “I’ve worked harder on this case than I have ever worked a case. Alot of us have. KSP Detective Billy Correll has been a huge help to me. I wantto bring Darren home and I don’t plan on stopping until I do. As of now I amstill looking at the case as a missing persons case, because I have found noevidence to suggest otherwise. But, I will keep looking for evidence oranything that will give a clue as to what happened and where Darren is.”

• There have been several interviews with people who areknown to have been with Darren on that day and several searches of people’shomes and property in order to find any clues that could help locate Darren.
• 5 individuals have taken lie detector test at the KSPPost. All 5 individuals passed, and showed no signs of deception. More havebeen scheduled for the near future.
• There have been 6 different searches with more planned.Specially trained search groups have been brought in, one of those is the TexasEquuSearch, a group that was founded in 2000 and since that time has broughtover 400 missing persons back to their families safety and helped recover theremains of 238 missing loved ones, bringing closure to their families. Theyhave been involved in well known cases such as the Natalee Holloway case andthey also helped search for Caylee Anthony, the missing 2 year old fromOrlando, Florida.
• A special team of dogs from Bluegrass Bloodhounds werealso brought in to search the areas. These are some of the best dogs in thecountry at what they do. They are located in Leitchfield, Kentucky. Both TexasEquuSearch and Bluegrass Bloodhounds are a non-profit group that volunteertheir time.
• Helicopters have been brought in from Pulaski CountySheriff Office, in effort to locate Kidd.
• Drones have also flown over the area.
• Early into the case it was found that a short tensecond video existed at the time and place where the GMC Jimmy was stuck in thecreek. This gave hope that something would be on it that could help determinewhat happened to Darren. The video was taken by two teenage boys who happenedto show up at the creek when the vehicle was still stuck. Like most teenageboys, now-a-days, they had their cell phones and took a short, Snapchat type,video of the incident. Another man, and his son, also drove up while theteenagers were there and they too saw the stuck vehicle. However, all of themstated that none of them saw Darren, and after watching the video, it wasdetermined that the video was taken at the time that Darren, and the girl,walked up the hill to get cell phone signal so they could call for help.

Here is a recap on the story for those who do not know:On January 4, 2018 Darren Kidd went missing at what police believe to be around3pm. Darren left his home, a few minutes after 11am, without his wallet,wearing camouflage pj bottom pants, muck boots, grey t-shirt, a dark sweater,and a light jacket. He evidently didn’t plan on being gone long, do to the facthe left his wallet and he wasn’t dressedfor the 7degree weather we were having that day. Confusion came in thebeginning over a cell phone that he didn’t take with him. People couldn’t understandwhy he would leave his phone. It was later determined that Darren had given thephone to his girlfriend to take that morning when she left for a priorappointment. He said he would call her from the landline phone they had at thehome they shared. He did call her from the landline once, but then at a-littleafter 11am she started receiving text from Darren on an acquaintance, of his,phone. Between 11:15am thru 3:00pm Darren text his girlfriend a few times, anAunt and another acquaintance, all from the same phone. It was later told that Darrenhad accompanied them because the people was looking for someone’s house anddidn’t know where it was, Darren did, so he rode to show them the way. Theyended up on Williamsburg Street in Whitley City, Kentucky. In a Facebook post,made by a cousin of Darren, it is stated that “He was for sure at the house onWilliamsburg Street because he called a friend from the phone there.” Afterleaving the persons house on Williamsburg Street they decided to take what wasconsidered “The shortcut” home. This was basically backroads that go fromWilliamsburg Street through Bear Waller, back to Kidd School Road in Pine Knot.This is where Darren is said to have went missing, by witnesses. They told lawenforcement that after the GMC Jimmy, he was riding in, got stuck in the frozencreek it ran out of gas while they were trying to get it out. At this point,they told law enforcement, Darren walked up the hill, with the girl, in orderfor them to get a signal on her cell phone so she could call her boyfriend tobring them some gas. She told the police that Darren kept going in an out ofthe woods. The boyfriend arrived and stated Darren was acting strange, andrefused to get in the car with them. They decided to go ahead and get the gasand would get Darren when they returned. He hasn’t been seen since. Friends andFamily searched for Darren that evening when he didn’t return home. The nextday, law enforcement was called and arrived at the location with 25 minutes ofgetting the call. Within approximately an hour fire department from all overthe county and law enforcement started searching and continued to return thefollow days. Family and friends of Darren still search all the time. All thepeople who are known to have been with Darren that day have been questioned on severaloccasions, and besides minute details, their stories have remained the same.
The family and friends, along with law enforcement, arehaving another search Saturday February 24th. Everyone will be meeting at theBethel Church at 10am. It is a foot search and they are asking for as manyvolunteers as possible. If anyone needs directions to the church you cancontact the family, or law enforcement and they’ll be happy to give you directions.

McCreary County has a high rate of unsolved murders and disappearances. It's also largely rural and heavily forested. He could be anywhere. I don't think he's still alive, unfortunately.

Two bodies found in different water ways yesterday.

Coroner working to identify man found in Lexington reservoir
http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/counties/fayette-county/article208773439.html

Report: Body Found Along River
http://www.lex18.com/story/37947263/report-body-found-along-river?clienttype=smartdevice

There was one found on Williamsburg Street too, which is where the house he went to before he went missing. If you look at the top 3rd of the map that was posted upthread, it’s 1673.

Update: The body on Williamsburg Street is Darren.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crainkd
Back