KY KY - Frances Byrd 72, ckd out of nursing fac by dau agnst med advise, dau says left her house & pu by white car, Cedar Run, 11 Jun 2024 *Golden Alert*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1718777709056.png

Carter County Sheriff's Office, KY, June 14, 2024

On June 13, 2024 at 2025HRS Carter County Sheriff’s office was dispatched to an address on Cedar Run Rd in reference to a male caller stating he hasn’t able to make contact with his mother Frances Byrd. Byrd was a resident at a Vanceburg KY nursing and rehabilitation facility before being signed out against medical advice by her daughter. Byrd had a list of medical issues such as Dementia, Schizophrenia, depression, and muscle weakness. She prescribed several needed medications.

After speaking with her daughter, she stated Byrd left the residence around June 11, 2024 in the later hours of the evening. She was stated to have been getting in a newer white Passenger car with tinted windows.

Byrd was last seen wearing blue sweat pants, blue sweatshirt and glasses. Grey/white hair no tattoos or scars.

She was stated to have not been in her right mind when she left.

If you have any leads or information regarding the whereabouts of Frances Byrd please contact the Carter County 911 center at 606-474-5753.

CARTER COUNTY, Ky. (WSAZ) - A Golden Alert has been issued in Carter County for a woman with medical issues who’s been missing since Tuesday, June 11.
She (Frances Byrd) is described as 5 feet 3 and weighs about 240 pounds. She has blonde hair and was last seen wearing a blue sweatshirt, blue sweatpants, slippers and has a walker.

CARTER COUNTY, Ky. (WSAZ) - A family is searching for answers after Frances Byrd went missing in mid-June.

“It’s just unimaginable. I just feel like we’re in a dream, and we won’t wake up. It’s completely out of character for Franny, my mother-in-law,” Barker said. “When we didn’t hear from her, we just knew something inside was not right.”

The family of an elderly woman who went missing weeks ago from Carter County said they are now offering a reward for any information that will bring her home.

The family called WSAZ on Monday, saying they are offering $5,000 as a reward for that information.

So this one is confusing. Is the daughter who checked her out of the facility missing too? If not, how does one lose their mother between checking her out and going home? Or do I have the timeline incorrect?

So this one is confusing. Is the daughter who checked her out of the facility missing too? If not, how does one lose their mother between checking her out and going home? Or do I have the timeline incorrect?
The daughter is not missing. This is the quote from the Sheriff's Office press release that is posted in the original post of this thread:

After speaking with her daughter, she stated Byrd left the residence around June 11, 2024 in the later hours of the evening. She was stated to have been getting in a newer white Passenger car with tinted windows.

The daughter is not missing. This is the quote from the Sheriff's Office press release that is posted in the original post of this thread:

Ok thank you. Some of the stuff I saw jumped straight from the check out to missing. I was like hmmm..thank you for clarifying :)

From one of the WSAZ articles above:

“Byrd’s family said she’s known for her big heart.

“She’s a loving woman. She would never do anything to harm anyone. She would always give you her last dollar if she had one,” Barker said.”

===

My experience as a daughter whose father had dementia…
When my father’s dementia got advanced, he became mean and aggressive, and suspicious of others. I’m sure it may look very different for others with dementia, but the article also stated she had schizophrenia, and paranoia and delusions are often exhibited with that diagnosis, which can look similar.

So, it somewhat surprises me where the DIL paints a very different picture of what her MIL is like, which is not how I would imagine someone with dementia and schizophrenia. JMO. Interesting.

So, I wonder if the daughter found her mother Frances more than she could handle with the mother’s mental state. She had been advised by the facility not to
take her out, after all.

How did it happen that the daughter doesn’t know who picked her up, yet she apparently saw her get in the car? The articles say the mother “cannot walk more than 50 feet unassisted”, so you’d think she’d have seen someone helping her to the car. Where was the daughter at this time? I don’t get it. There must be a lot more to this story.

MOO

How did it happen that the daughter doesn’t know who picked her up, yet she apparently saw her get in the car? The articles say the mother “cannot walk more than 50 feet unassisted”, so you’d think she’d have seen someone helping her to the car. Where was the daughter at this time? I don’t get it. There must be a lot more to this story.

was signed out of a nursing and rehabilitation center by a family member
Who is the family member that checked her out?
Surely they know!

was last seen in the Cedar Run area of Carter County. She was seen leaving a home in a “newer white color passenger car” on June 11
And this house she was seen leaving? Is it the same family member’s?
Same can be asked about the white car?

I’m just as confused.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member