KY KY - Frances Byrd 72, ckd out of nursing fac by dau agnst med advise, dau says left her house & pu by white car, Cedar Run, 11 Jun 2024 *Golden Alert*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unfortunately there's no update. I suspect we'll be seeing an arrest though.
I I hope you are right that we will see an arrest. Generally, when LE are not asking the public for help, they are onto something. That said, the Sheriff's Office FB page is quite sparse in general. The county is very rural, or at least has a very low population for the size.

According to google, Carter County, Kentucky, has a population of nearly 27,000 across 412 square miles. In comparison, Montgomery County, Ohio, which is ~similarly~ sized at 464 square miles, has a population of 537,000. I don't imagine there are many resources available to search for Frances in the the vast area of the county. :(

Was the daughter the POA? We definitely have a lot of questions! Because, knowing my mother had issues, if she hopped in a car, you better believe I would be asking who she was leaving with, where is she going, when is she coming back. And even if Mom wouldn't tell, I would go out to meet the person and take a picture of their license plate. Maybe others would not be that extreme.

Was the daughter the POA? We definitely have a lot of questions! Because, knowing my mother had issues, if she hopped in a car, you better believe I would be asking who she was leaving with, where is she going, when is she coming back. And even if Mom wouldn't tell, I would go out to meet the person and take a picture of their license plate. Maybe others would not be that extreme.
I don't know that we know the answer to your question, but the daughter is the one who signed our out of the hospital against medical advice. And then NOT report Frances missing.

Frances' DIL, sister, and niece are all active on FB asking for help.

Always a white car....
Or a white lie?

Am I right in saying the daughter checked her out against medical advice, late at night, or am I getting that time confused with when she went missing? It would be interesting to know the reasons given for taking her. I assume she went willingly?

Given her age and medical conditions, you'd think her daughter would keep a close eye on her. If I saw a strange car picking her up late at night, you can be damn sure I'd be out there putting a stop to it, regardless of the driver. It's a crazy time for her to be leaving the house.

Also, it took 2 days to report her missing, AND that was done by the son? What was the daughter thinking? What's that about?

I think there's a lot of work going on behind the scenes and an arrest is imminent.

Or a white lie?

Am I right in saying the daughter checked her out against medical advice, late at night, or am I getting that time confused with when she went missing? It would be interesting to know the reasons given for taking her. I assume she went willingly?

Given her age and medical conditions, you'd think her daughter would keep a close eye on her. If I saw a strange car picking her up late at night, you can be damn sure I'd be out there putting a stop to it, regardless of the driver. It's a crazy time for her to be leaving the house.

Also, it took 2 days to report her missing, AND that was done by the son? What was the daughter thinking? What's that about?

I think there's a lot of work going on behind the scenes and an arrest is imminent.

If not, the family should ask Kentucky State Police to get involved.

Can anyone clarify what date and time the daughter signed her mother out of the facility? How many days passed before she went missing?

How far away was the daughter's home from the facility? Did anyone see the mother at the daughter's home, or them traveling together? What were the movements of the daughter in the time from picking her up to her going missing?

So many questions.....

Can anyone clarify what date and time the daughter signed her mother out of the facility? How many days passed before she went missing?

How far away was the daughter's home from the facility? Did anyone see the mother at the daughter's home, or them traveling together? What were the movements of the daughter in the time from picking her up to her going missing?

So many questions.....

For some reason I thought I read she was signed out the same day she went missing (11th) but I can’t find anything to confirm that.

Vanceburg Rehab Facility to the daughter’s home (Cedar Run area) appears to be around 28 miles.
Someone may want to check behind me to make sure…

For some reason I thought I read she was signed out the same day she went missing (11th) but I can’t find anything to confirm that.

Vanceburg Rehab Facility to the daughter’s home (Cedar Run area) appears to be around 28 miles.
Someone may want to check behind me to make sure…

Yep, details seem to be sketchy and articles not clearly written. Thanks for the info.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back