KY- I-75 Active Shooter Targeting Vehicles

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's a needle in a haystack? Is this going to be something along the lines of a hiker, hunter, etc. finding skeletal remains of JC at a later time? jmo
If his remains is found at a later time, I say it would likely be found during the late fall or early spring when there are less foliage in the mountains.

If you don't pay attention to your surroundings while walking on the mountains, it is very easy to accidentally tumble down an embankment or ravine on the side of a mountain.

I think it is possible that he could have accidentally taken a tumble down an embankment or ravine in the mountains while he was fleeing from the police.

Updated: 7:05 PM EDT Sep 16, 2024
From the article:
  • JC's vehicle had been backed into the area it was found, where there was only one way in and out.
  • “He's got it set up for a quick getaway, of course...” said Laurel County deputy Gilbert Acciardo.
  • KSP said the count of vehicles hit is now 17. More people continue to find damage.
  • They have covered 28,000 acres on foot and even more by helicopter.
  • Helicopters have been using heat sensors at night.
  • Multiple dogs have been brought to the area.
  • “They were on a track of something. I’m not saying it was Mr. Couch, but they were on a track of something for several days,” said KSP trooper Scottie Pennington.
  • KSP moved their command post in the direction the dogs had indicated the trail led.
  • KSP indicated it was deeper into Daniel Boone National Forest.
  • Troopers also revealed that they believe Couch took food and water with him.

SEP 16, 2024
Kentucky State Police Master Trooper Scottie Pennington shared the force's belief that Couch, at one point, packed food. "He did early on, that's probably went and gone," Pennington said.

Drones scout the caves before troopers and dogs move through.

Now, state police are following a trail picked up by their canines sniffing out the wilderness.

Equipped with bulletproof vests and helmets, the necessary gear worn by troopers during the search weighs at least sixty pounds. Part of the tour of the area where KSP met with the media showed the location where Couch left his vehicle after the I-75 shooting nine days ago. KSP noted that Couch traveled the length of three football fields on foot down to the highway after the shooting.

“We’ve had some busted up ankles, a lot of twisted ankles. We’ve had some dogs that overheated really bad. A lot of deputies and troopers that have overheated,” said Kentucky State Police Post 11 Trooper Scottie Pennington.

SEP 16, 2024
WAVE’s Lexington NBC affiliate WLEX-18 shared a post saying there is a large police presence about 10 miles from where the I-75 shooting happened.

Monday marks the 10th day officials have been searching for Couch...

“They are sweating, they’re tired. Are up with briers, thickets, ticks. Deer ticks. Chiggers,” said Pennington.

Couch will be charged with attempted murder, but it’s possible others will be filed based on the injuries search crews have suffered.

The manhunt has been stretching local agencies thin. We’re told more than 400 tips have been submitted to law enforcement, most of which have been outside the Daniel Boone National Forest. We’re told more than 28,000 acres of the forest have been searched.

“Unfortunately, Mr. Couch has made one of the worst decisions in his life. Turn himself in. No one has died,” said Pennington in his plea for Couch to surrender.

Troopers, deputies, officers, and others are dressed in gear that’s symbolic of going into battle. They let WKYT’s crew get a feel for that heavy gear Monday morning. It’s a mission to find one man, but the enemy is often more than just a man.

“They are sweating, they’re tired. Are up with briers, thickets, ticks. Deer ticks. Chiggers,” said Pennington.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Squishy1166
Back