KY- I-75 Active Shooter Targeting Vehicles

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
what
so they weren't shot by the suspect being tracked?
The implication is that they were, but it was some road rage thing. This guy bought the gun this morning, and it seems dubious that he just happens to get into an altercation on the road hours later.

I think there’s a fog of war going on here, especially considering this statement came well before the suspect was identified.

The implication is that they were, but it was some road rage thing. This guy bought the gun this morning, and it seems dubious that he just happens to get into an altercation on the road hours later.

I think there’s a fog of war going on here, especially considering this statement came well before the suspect was identified.
It was an AR-15 though--if true, I can't imagine how he was managing to drive and shoot at the same time.

(I was assuming he was on the overpass, and had parked in one of those nearby church parking lots and then ran on foot which is why they're maybe circling 25 instead of I-75 thinking he ran back in the direction of where his car was... maybe it came up that it was targeted because LE was able to ask victims "Do you know this man?")

ok yeah I'll put it down to initial confusion while we wait for more info
cause it would be too coincidental to have both happening at the same location and not be connected

Could this be in any way related to the school shooting two days ago, another deranged person seeking notoriety through attempted murder and mayhem? He goes out and purchases an AR-15 rifle and 2,000 rounds of ammunition and then starts shooting at cars driving along the highway? Just a thought.

It was an AR-15 though--if true, I can't imagine how he was managing to drive and shoot at the same time.

(I was assuming he was on the overpass, and had parked in one of those nearby church parking lots and then ran on foot which is why they're maybe circling 25 instead of I-75 thinking he ran back in the direction of where his car was... maybe it came up that it was targeted because LE was able to ask victims "Do you know this man?")
I prefer that scenario, because they talked about bullets through windshields. That’s a tough enough angle for a handgun to achieve, let alone a long-gun fired out the window of a moving vehicle while you’re driving.

The LE posture here is not that of a road rage incident, and the only thing we have claiming that it is, is a politician who is hearing things at a time when even law enforcement isn’t fully sure what happened.

Five people were injured in a shooting on Interstate 75 near London, Kentucky, Saturday evening and more were hurt in a minor traffic crash caused by the shooting, the London mayor told The Courier-Journal.

Mayor Randall Weddle said no one died in the incident, which closed the interstate for nearly three hours before it reopened about 9:30 p.m.

The shooter, who has not been caught, fired shots at I-75 from the edge of a wooded area next to the highway, he said.

Complete story at link ...

Kentucky shooting live updates: I-75 reopens in Laurel County; shooter remains at large

Sept. 7, 2024

Five people were injured in a shooting on Interstate 75 near London, Kentucky, Saturday evening and more were hurt in a minor traffic crash caused by the shooting, the London mayor told The Courier-Journal.

Mayor Randall Weddle said no one died in the incident, which closed the interstate for nearly three hours before it reopened about 9:30 p.m.

The shooter, who has not been caught, fired shots at I-75 from the edge of a wooded area next to the highway, he said.

Complete story at link ...

Kentucky shooting live updates: I-75 reopens in Laurel County; shooter remains at large

Sept. 7, 2024
Ok, so he’s changed his tune then?

"London Mayor Randle Weddle shared with Kentucky Sports Radio host Matt Jones that the shooting was not random, but two cars in some type of altercation led to four people being shot. Three others suffered minor injuries from car wrecks following the incident. All seven people were transported to the hospital. The conditions of those shot are not known."

I've gotta agree with @MassGuy though, LE actions make this seem like something different than a road rage shooting. Imo.

It's well after dark now which makes the manhunt exponentially harder. I hope everyone in the area remains safe.

Could this be in any way related to the school shooting two days ago, another deranged person seeking notoriety through attempted murder and mayhem? He goes out and purchases an AR-15 rifle and 2,000 rounds of ammunition and then starts shooting at cars driving along the highway? Just a thought.
Tonight's shooter is a grown man and I am guessing he wouldn't copycat a 14yo. Just a hunch.

jmo

Tonight's shooter is a grown man and I am guessing he wouldn't copycat a 14yo. Just a hunch.

jmo
He's 32 years old. A school shooting wouldn't be an option. This kind of thing could be his version.

Or just a coincidence that it comes on the heels of another mass shooting.

"London Mayor Randall Weddle said authorities were searching for the suspect or suspects in “rugged terrain and a lot of tree lines,” which may hamper their efforts, according to his video posted to Facebook around 8 p.m. local time.

Weddle urged everyone within city limits to be vigilant and aware of their surroundings. “If you’re home, keep your doors locked. I’m not asking everybody to panic. There is no immediate danger here in the city but again, while these guys or this person is on the loose, we are asking everybody to be safe,” he said."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back