KY- I-75 Active Shooter Targeting Vehicles

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think it's good for the mayor to stick to messages like, "Don't panic. Lock your doors. Don't open them for anyone. Call in anything legitimately suspicious." There's so much misinformation even to government officials in the immediate aftermath of this stuff that it seems preferable to focus on messaging to the public about what to do and expect, rather than what already happened.

"The shooter, who has not been caught, fired shots at I-75 from the edge of a wooded area next to the highway, he said."

and

"Some victims were taken to Saint Joseph London Hospital, and three who suffered head and face trauma were flown off the scene for treatment elsewhere, Weddle said. He was not able to confirm where those victims were taken."

and

"Officials are "still working on a very active scene," Pennington said more than an hour after the Laurel County Sheriff's Department first reported the shootings on social media at 6:36 p.m. "We have no clue where he is at," he said about investigators' progress on tracking down a suspect."

49er Truck Stop off of I-75 near shooting.

From google maps image in this article, it looks like the wooded area nearby also has some rental cabins, Wildcat Rental Cabins, but they are about 21 miles from the highway, so unlikely that the shooter would be able to make it that far before being apprehended. Of course there may be privately owned cabins in the woods as well. Hopefully, the rental cabins and any private homes/cabins were told to evacuate once the authorities determined that the shooter had escaped into the wooded area nearby.

DJI_20240907191454_0034_D_505cc4.jpg

It's another mass shooting unrelated, imo, not a copycat. We have shootings almost constantly, to our shame.

jmo

Just noticed this thread a little bit ago and I’ve caught up. Still a little confused about the logistics of what exactly took place and how they had an ID on the suspect so quickly.

Relieved to read that no one was fatally injured.

Commenting to agree with @Inthedetails. Mass murder feels almost routine now and that’s a pathetic commentary on the state of things in our country.

JMO

People, please !!!

We're talking about a suspect with an AR-15 and 2000 rounds of ammo.

Do NOT post any information on this public thread that can put the lives of law enforcement and innocent people in danger.

(and do not "Like" posts that do so)

@daisykWLWT

#BREAKING police confirm, multiple people have been shot in an active shooter situation near I-75 East, near London KY. We are currently on our way to the scene. Laurel Co. Sheriff’s Office has identified a suspect, sharing this photo of Joseph Couch. They say he is likely armed

View attachment 529737

Police shut down I-75 Eastern Ky because of this active shooter situation, according to Laurel Co Sheriff’s Department. We will have more tonight on @WLWT

9:12 PM · Sep 7, 2024

A spokesperson with UK Health confirmed that two victims have been transported to the hospital. I’m told they are expecting more.

9:20 PM · Sep 7, 2024

Both North and South Bound lanes of I-75 have been reopened per Laurel Co Sheriff’s. The search for suspect Joseph Couch is still ongoing. Once again the department saying he is armed and dangerous.

9:41 PM · Sep 7, 2024
What a sad waste of a future, imoo.

Last edited:
yep ty
same family annihilator vibe
I see this guy as your standard mass shooter; a complete loser who has failed at life. It looks like he failed at this too, at least in regards to what he hoped to achieve with 2k rounds. I think he'll kill himself as police move in, if he hasn't already done so.

I hope his family members and exes have all had wellness checks to make sure his spree didn’t start at someone’s home.

Worried he will carjack and create greater devastation in his attempt to flee the area

I hope his family members and exes have all had wellness checks to make sure his spree didn’t start at someone’s home.

Worried he will carjack and create greater devastation in his attempt to flee the area
right like where the hell is this guy.. dead? hiding out in someones house? did the armed folks in the area get to him first? still so much ammo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back