KY- I-75 Active Shooter Targeting Vehicles

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the last FB update from the Laurel County Sheriff, they said the area is "contained" and searching will begin again at daybreak.
Contained? Baloney. If contained, he’d be in custody. He’s likely already taken the cowards way out, but he may have left traps behind. Prayers for the hero responders.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Do we know how LE was able to ID him so quickly? Did one of his victims name him? Did someone known to him call alert authorities?

I hope they do have him contained and can take him into custody without further incident/injury/gunfire and that all the victims recover from this scary event.

JMO

London Mayor Randall Weddle said authorities were searching for Couch in an area of northern Laurel County with “rugged terrain and a lot of tree lines.”
Members of Laurel County’s legislative delegation released a statement asking people to avoid the area. They also asked people who live near the scene to “remain in their homes as local law enforcement and the Kentucky State Police work.”

Do we know how LE was able to ID him so quickly? Did one of his victims name him? Did someone known to him call alert authorities?

I hope they do have him contained and can take him into custody without further incident/injury/gunfire and that all the victims recover from this scary event.

JMO
Maybe with traffic cameras

No specific facts of how they know the person of interest is Joseph Couch.

Sounds like they think it is him, but they are not 100% sure at the moment.

(from 1 hour ago)
Deputy Gilbert Acciardo .... cautioned that authorities "have not determined that this is the individual that fired the weapon."
Authorities believe there was only one shooter and Acciardo said they do not believe the shooting was sparked by road rage.

(from 1 hour ago)
Deputy Gilbert Acciardo .... cautioned that authorities "have not determined that this is the individual that fired the weapon."
Authorities believe there was only one shooter and Acciardo said they do not believe the shooting was sparked by road rage.

oy.

(from 1 hour ago)

Yeah, that road rage comment didn't make sense.

jmo

Contained? Baloney. If contained, he’d be in custody. He’s likely already taken the cowards way out, but he may have left traps behind. Prayers for the hero responders.

Amateur opinion and speculation
I've been concerned about traps too - and perhaps that's why LE stopped searching until daybreak. We don't need the searchers ambushed or walking into a trap.

jmo

Sep 8, 2024
A manhunt is underway as police search for a gunman in a rural area of southeastern Kentucky near Interstate 75. Authorities say up to seven people were hurt in the shooting and a vehicle accident that accompanied the violence. The Laurel County Sheriff’s Office says it is an “active shooter situation.” Mayor Randall Weddle of London, about 75 miles south of Lexington, says he was told seven people were hurt Saturday, but not all by gunfire. Some of the victims were injured in a vehicle accident. Weddle says there were no immediate fatalities. The interstate was initially closed to traffic but later reopened.

LAUREL COUNTY, Ky. —
Law enforcement agencies have resumed their search for the man alleged to have shot people on Interstate 75 in Laurel County, Kentucky.

The Laurel County Sheriff's Office said on their social media Sunday morning that numerous agencies are coordinating their search for 32-year-old Joseph Couch during daylight.

Police say Couch fired a gun at people near exit 49 on I-75 around 5:30 p.m. Saturday.

According to officials, five people were shot and three people were injured in car crashes connected to the incident.

Deputies said they found nine vehicles had been shot into both north and southbound on I-75 and five persons were seriously injured.

Deputies on the scene transported the injured to a local hospital for treatment.

Several authorities resume search for man accused of shooting 5 people on I-75 in Laurel Co., KY

Updated: 11:00 AM EDT Sep 8, 2024

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back