KY- I-75 Active Shooter Targeting Vehicles

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
was there dew this morning? the connections in the phone could have been damaged by the elements but even if that were the case, they could buy a second of the same phone and try to swap the parts out. they dont need power in the battery to extract data from the phone via usb, just have to physically have a battery in the phone so that connection is there.
or he wiped it...

During the 6:00 pm newscast, WYMT-TV reported that several more school districts in the Eastern Kentucky region have announced that they will be closed on Monday due to the police manhunt.

WYMT-TV also posted the first ten minutes of the 6:00 pm newscast concerning the police manhunt.

Source:

Schools closed in Eastern Kentucky Monday as manhunt continues

If they know who he is, his relatives, etc. they would have him in custody. There is more to this story. We have traveled this road many times. I75 in Kentucky is really beautiful. When you get near London, KY driving south from Lexington, the mountainous region begins and its isolated and beautiful. Makes for a nice road trip. It terrifies me that there is a shooter out there and people are dead now. Just a few years back, there were shooters in Louisville, KY on the Interstates also. I still fear driving through there. They were never caught. We were planning a trip along I75 in three weeks. It is not happening now. It is a shame that no one can feel safe in this country anymore.

There were several severe injuries reported yesterday to WYMT. Acciardo provided an update stating that one victim was shot in the face, one was shot in the arm, and another in the chest.

I wonder if this is being said to throw him off … because I’m sure the battery being removed is only a temporary setback, if at all, in terms of getting data from the device.
More likely than not, it's a burner phone.

A battery shouldn't be a problem, just purchase an identical phone and take the battery out.
Moo

was there dew this morning? the connections in the phone could have been damaged by the elements but even if that were the case, they could buy a second of the same phone and try to swap the parts out. they dont need power in the battery to extract data from the phone via usb, just have to physically have a battery in the phone so that connection is there.
This time of year with the rain and the humidity there's always a heavy dew. Sometimes it does some burn off till after lunch.
Moo

If they know who he is, his relatives, etc. they would have him in custody. There is more to this story. We have traveled this road many times. I75 in Kentucky is really beautiful. When you get near London, KY driving south from Lexington, the mountainous region begins and its isolated and beautiful. Makes for a nice road trip. It terrifies me that there is a shooter out there and people are dead now. Just a few years back, there were shooters in Louisville, KY on the Interstates also. I still fear driving through there. They were never caught. We were planning a trip along I75 in three weeks. It is not happening now. It is a shame that no one can feel safe in this country anymore.
I'm so sorry you have cancelled your trip. You have to make the right choice for you.
Hopefully they will find this guy in the next few days.

Once they do find him, then I think everything will be safe again for that specific stretch of highway.
I do understand though that the recency effect can play on our fears. I remember when the DC beltway sniper attacks were occurring I felt uncomfortable and exposed just filling my car up with gas. And I live in Canada! Of course as time passed, I recognized how low the risk was. Is it there? Yes, but it's still small.

This guy achieved what he likely hoped for....filling people's hearts with terror. He's a terrorist.
<hugs> to everyone who is feeling fear.

I know the area is dense with trees but I do hope LE are looking up into the trees as well as on the ground. He could be in a tree (alive or not).

jmo

Speaking of LE looking up... there could be old (and possibly forgotten) deer stands in the area. While they could be dilapidated and unsafe, they would still be advantageous for someone like this guy.

jmo

I'm so sorry you have cancelled your trip. You have to make the right choice for you.

Once they do find him, then I think everything will be safe again for that specific stretch of highway.
I do understand though that the recency effect can play on our fears. I remember when the DC beltway sniper attacks were occurring I felt uncomfortable and exposed just filling my car up with gas. And I live in Canada! Of course as time passed, I recognized how low the risk was. Is it there? Yes, but it's still small.

This guy achieved what he likely hoped for....filling people's hearts with terror. He's a terrorist.
Unless he ever reads this thread (or in the equally slim chance that he's keeping up with it in real time).. in which case, he's a loser and a coward who has achieved nothing. Nobody will even remember his name after this is all over, just what he did (just like with the DC sniper). He's a nobody who amounted to nothing (not surprising) ‍

I still feel uneasy driving into Louisville, where most of my doctors are. I live in Southern Indiana. The shooters in Louisville were on the overpasses just picking people off, shooting right through the windshield. And never caught. This is what the guy on I75 is doing. The authorities first said the victims were in stable condition.But that area is far from hospitals. Most, if not all, died. Can you imagine?
i think there are many crazies now and when one shooter pops up, like the Georgia school shooter, then others feel emboldened. Its a game for them.
On Friday, police in Louisville arrested a student for threatening to shoot up his school. The parents have to be terrified. I’m old but if i was young i would homeschool my children. This world has become mean and nasty.

The risk may be small. But it only takes one bullet. IMO.

Unless he ever reads this thread (or in the equally slim chance that he's keeping up with it in real time).. in which case, he's a loser and a coward who has achieved nothing. Nobody will even remember his name after this is all over, just what he did (just like with the DC sniper). He's a nobody who amounted to nothing (not surprising) ‍
Actually, they killed people. The families will NEVER forget.

I still feel uneasy driving into Louisville, where most of my doctors are. I live in Southern Indiana. The shooters in Louisville were on the overpasses just picking people off, shooting right through the windshield. And never caught. This is what the guy on I75 is doing. The authorities first said the victims were in stable condition.But that area is far from hospitals. Most, if not all, died. Can you imagine?
i think there are many crazies now and when one shooter pops up, like the Georgia school shooter, then others feel emboldened. Its a game for them.
On Friday, police in Louisville arrested a student for threatening to shoot up his school. The parents have to be terrified. I’m old but if i was young i would homeschool my children. This world has become mean and nasty.

The risk may be small. But it only takes one bullet. IMO.
Do you know if theres a websleuths thread for this?

Just to clarify things with this case, the victims are alive and everyone is expected to recover. Thankfully, nobody was killed.

jmo

Person of interest named as suspect in Kentucky freeway shooting that injured 7: sheriff​

During an early evening media briefing, Acciardo said that if the searchers failed to find Crouch before nightfall, the search would resume early Monday morning.

“We've not had any luck so far, no trace so far, no information or evidence that's at the scene to indicate that he's there. But we believe that he's there,” Acciardo said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CamSoup
Back