KY- I-75 Active Shooter Targeting Vehicles

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to Kentucky state court records, Couch was charged in February with misdemeanor “terroristic threatening.” However, the charge was dismissed when a victim failed to appear in court. In 2015, Couch was sentenced to six months in jail after being convicted of criminal mischief and unlawful transactions with a minor. Couch also has had a handful of traffic violations and a public intoxication conviction in 2020.

I still feel uneasy driving into Louisville, where most of my doctors are. I live in Southern Indiana. The shooters in Louisville were on the overpasses just picking people off, shooting right through the windshield. And never caught. This is what the guy on I75 is doing. The authorities first said the victims were in stable condition.But that area is far from hospitals. Most, if not all, died. Can you imagine?
i think there are many crazies now and when one shooter pops up, like the Georgia school shooter, then others feel emboldened. Its a game for them.
On Friday, police in Louisville arrested a student for threatening to shoot up his school. The parents have to be terrified. I’m old but if i was young i would homeschool my children. This world has become mean and nasty.

The risk may be small. But it only takes one bullet. IMO.
I frequently work in Louisville, Lexington, and rural areas all over Kentucky. I will be traveling down I-75 this week for work.

According to Kentucky state court records, Couch was charged in February with misdemeanor “terroristic threatening.” However, the charge was dismissed when a victim failed to appear in court. In 2015, Couch was sentenced to six months in jail after being convicted of criminal mischief and unlawful transactions with a minor. Couch also has had a handful of traffic violations and a public intoxication conviction in 2020.

Unlawful transactions with a minor….

Unlawful transactions with a minor….
We don't know the degree, but it could be anything from purchasing alcohol for a minor, providing drugs, encouraging or helping them to commit a crime, or assisting or causing a minor to engage in sexual activity.

So it's not necessity what it sounds like.

From the 9:00 pm presser, WYMT-TV reported that police officials do not believe that any of the five victims who were severely injured will die.

A total of 12 vehicles were hit with 20-30 rounds shot.

Police officials said that the suspect has previous military experience and is a former member of the National Guard.

At this time police cannot rule out the possibility that the suspect may have committed suicide.

Source:

Suspect has military experience, bought supposed weapon gay of shooting

Unless he ever reads this thread (or in the equally slim chance that he's keeping up with it in real time).. in which case, he's a loser and a coward who has achieved nothing. Nobody will even remember his name after this is all over, just what he did (just like with the DC sniper). He's a nobody who amounted to nothing (not surprising) ‍
100% agree with this!

Have they officially updated him to suspect? I might have missed it. In the presser earlier this afternoon LE said he was still technically a POI.
I think it's all semantics. They know he did this, and are treating him exactly how they would treat a suspect. He's been identified, and they put his history out there.

Have they officially updated him to suspect? I might have missed it. In the presser earlier this afternoon LE said he was still technically a POI.

ETA: (and then they subsequently kept casually referring to him as the suspect.)

yes - post 259

I think it's all semantics. They know he did this, and are treating him exactly how they would treat a suspect. He's been identified, and they put his history out there.
Yup. I absolutely agree. (see my edit on my previous post where I added that LE, after clarifying he was a POI, kept referring to him as the suspect.)

@JessicaWKYT

Posted 1 hr ago:

HAPPENING NOW: A variety of agencies are talking about where the search for Joseph Couch stands as of 9pm EST.The search continues. I’ll have more at 10, 10:30 and 11pm for @WKYT.

Posted 3 hours ago:

We’re hearing from Laurel Co. Sheriff’s office:“No trace or evidence at the scene to indicate that he’s there, but we believe he’s there.”

“We’re going to have the area contained” if the search continues overnight. Says they “hope” the search ends today.

Says it’s “possible” but not “probable” that he has left the area. The sheriff’s department says they can’t explain why they believe he is still in the area.

Sheriff’s department says “we’re limited once the sun goes down.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CamSoup
Back