KY- I-75 Active Shooter Targeting Vehicles

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Sheriffs Office themselves have stated that five people had been injured, and all are stable/expected to recover.
They have stated different stories. I’m not making this stuff up. I pray everyone is safe!
Can you imagine driving on a beautiful interstate (and it is) and a bullet comes through the window into your chest? No hospital close by? Do you bleed out? Is it superficial? Why would they say some victims are “stable”. Stable didn’t mean good.
Just saying.

They have stated different stories. I’m not making this stuff up. I pray everyone is safe!
Can you imagine driving on a beautiful interstate (and it is) and a bullet comes through the window into your chest? No hospital close by? Do you bleed out? Is it superficial? Why would they say some victims are “stable”. Stable didn’t mean good.
Just saying.
Actually, the Sheriffs Dept has actually been very consistent on the number of wounded and their conditions.

Again, only five injured, and all are expected to survive.

Actually, the Sheriffs Dept has actually been very consistent on the number of wounded and their conditions.

Again, only five injured, and all are expected to survive.
Hmm. Just watched a news clip where they said “five confirmed…may be more”.
But I will let you win. We don’t know.

ETA: they did say twelve vehicles were hit with multiple rounds. Maybe up to 20. That was from AP.
Very serious.

Last edited:
I would not be surprised if this was a planned terroristic attack. I am surprised that certain schools in the area are still open, as the EKU Manchester and EKU Corbin are closed, but the main EKU campus in Richmond is still open, and there is a K-12 school on campus. The EKU campus is right off of i-75, I don't understand why they are still in school.

There’s erroneous news everywhere I have read. I read there were multiple deaths. Five were hit. Some in stable condition. I watched WLKY and WAVE3 out of Louisville and of course there was a lot written on Daily Mail. I read some on Fox also. Be glad when he is caught and charges are filed so we know exactly.
I think people are getting this story confused with an overpass shooter that happened in Louisville some years ago where there were fatalities.

During the latest Presser, LE said that ‘most’ of the 1,000 rounds purchased by the shooter has been recovered by LE.

LE also stated that they believe only 20-30 rounds had been fired in the incident (that is one or less than one magazine of rounds fired for a standard capacity AR mag)

I supposed there could be a number of reasons that would prompt Couch to cease fire and ditch most of his Ammo; but I’d like to think that just maybe during the act, he realized how horrible his actions were.

SEP 8, 2024
  • Couch purchased a gun and about 1,000 rounds of ammunition Saturday morning at a place in Loudon.
  • It was a legal purchase, per Sheriff Root.
  • He served in the National Guard for four years in an engineer battalion.
  • Captain Dalrymple said they searched his house Sunday evening.
  • Michael Stansbury, special agent in charge of the Louisville FBI office said, "We have solid evidence. His vehicle was at the scene. A firearm that he purchased yesterday was at the scene...We have interviewed people; we feel pretty confident this is the individual."
  • KSP have taken over the manhunt.
  • Laurel Co Sheriff's Office will handle the criminal investigation.
  • Search efforts after nightfall pose a safety risk to first responders, especially due to the rough terrain.
  • Mayor Randall Weddle said the five victims remain hospitalized, some with serious injuries.
  • Laurel County Public Schools will be closed Monday.
PommyMommy, thank you for the thorough update on the current situation of this case!

I think people are getting this story confused with an overpass shooter that happened in Louisville some years ago where there were fatalities.
I’m not confused. I live across the river from Louisville. Shop there. My doctors are there. I eat out there.
I also travel I75 going to Georgia to see family or when going to Gatlinburg. Beautiful drive.
I also remember Louisville shootings well.
I did read and hear some victims had died.

I’m not confused. I live across the river from Louisville. Shop there. My doctors are there. I eat out there.
I also travel I75 going to Georgia to see family or when going to Gatlinburg. Beautiful drive.
Reporters get their information from the police. The police have said there are no victims who died or who are expected to die. If the reporters get the info wrong, it was likely at the beginning of the case when things were unknown and the story was still developing. If reporters are STILL reporting wrong information, it's time to find another news source that reports what the police actually say.

Websleuthers flock to press conferences held by the police because then we get the information directly, without dealing with articles that might miss info or get it wrong.

I hope this issue is put to bed, but law enforcement said on Sunday (yesterday) that the victims are all expected to be okay.

jmo

State police Master Trooper Scottie Pennington, a spokesman for the London state police post, said troopers are being brought in from around the state to aid the manhunt. He described the extensive search area as “walking in a jungle” with machetes needed to cut through thickets of woods.

Acciardo said it appears that the attacker planned the shooting for that location because it is very remote and the terrain is hilly, rocky and hard to navigate.
……
Authorities initially said nine vehicles were struck by gunfire, but later increased that number to 12, saying some people did not realize their cars had been hit by bullets until they arrived home. They said the gunman fired a total of 20 to 30 rounds.

State police Master Trooper Scottie Pennington, a spokesman for the London state police post, said troopers are being brought in from around the state to aid the manhunt. He described the extensive search area as “walking in a jungle” with machetes needed to cut through thickets of woods.

Acciardo said it appears that the attacker planned the shooting for that location because it is very remote and the terrain is hilly, rocky and hard to navigate.
……
Authorities initially said nine vehicles were struck by gunfire, but later increased that number to 12, saying some people did not realize their cars had been hit by bullets until they arrived home. They said the gunman fired a total of 20 to 30 rounds.

Here is an example of how reports can change over time, as information is learned, and still be accurate. That doesn't mean anything is fishy or wrong, but that new information is learned.

The number of cars hit by bullets is now a different number than originally reported because some people didn't know they were hit by bullets at first. Now they know. And now we know.

jmo

Just to clarify: in THIS recent incident no victims were killed. In the previous (years ago) Louisville Overpass Shooter incident there were fatalities.

This is just my opinion here..

I know in some cases they refer to casualties as injured. Military often use this terminology and it doesn't mean deaths, it just means wounded/victims/people needing assistance. I wonder if people listening to scanners heard them referring to the number of casualties and took that to mean deaths, when it really mean how many were shot and needed help.

This is just my opinion here..

I know in some cases they refer to casualties as injured. Military often use this terminology and it doesn't mean deaths, it just means wounded/victims/people needing assistance. I wonder if people listening to scanners heard them referring to the number of casualties and took that to mean deaths, when it really mean how many were shot and needed help.
Yes. And then that stuff makes it to social media, and those dubious AI news sites include it in their “reporting,” (these bots scan real news articles and social media rumors).

Then people on social media share these fake articles, which then perpetuates the confusion.

……

Possible that some people had thought their car had been struck by a rock until they saw the news report and then they checked their vehicles and discovered it was a bullet.

I travel for work so I drive many miles on interstates, several times my work vehicle has been struck by a small rock that another vehicle ran over and threw into my vehicle. My first thought wasn’t “probably a bullet.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dane_Fall
Back