KY- I-75 Active Shooter Targeting Vehicles

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@wbkotv

Another message said, “I’ll kill myself afterwards...”

LAUREL COUNTY, Ky. (WKYT/Gray News) - A man accused of injuring five people in a shooting spree in Kentucky allegedly sent cryptic text messages before the attack.

Updated: 2 hours ago

I think he’s probably already dead, or just trying to escape if he isn’t.

I’m just hoping they find him eventually, but I think there’s a chance he is never found.
If he's still alive, he must have food and water, plus a way to cover his bathroom waste as I think dogs would hit on that?! I don't know if waste would make him easier to find or not, tbh, just trying to think of the logistics of being on the run in the woods. So far we haven't heard of him stealing anything from a house for food/clothes.

I do wonder if he wants to be tracked and then have a shoot out.

jmo

If he's still alive, he must have food and water, plus a way to cover his bathroom waste as I think dogs would hit on that?! I don't know if waste would make him easier to find or not, tbh, just trying to think of the logistics of being on the run in the woods. So far we haven't heard of him stealing anything from a house for food/clothes.

jmo

Good thinking.

I hadn’t given a thought about his waste. Sounds like something that may factor in, though I suppose there are many animals and birds who evacuate all over that forest, too. Might be confusing for the dogs?

Very thankful that the ex-wife notified LE and did not cover for JC. At least they were able to ID him quickly and I can’t remember, did I read above that they traced his phone thanks to her, until he pulled out the battery? Or am I confused about that?

JMO

jmo
I didn't think about the waste issue. This makes me think that he's probably dead.

jmo
I just get the impression he hadn’t really thought this out. If this was a long term plan, he wouldn’t have needed to buy a brand new gun that morning, and purchase as many rounds as he did.

He opens fire, but bizarrely stops (seemingly) quickly. He flees into the woods, leaving behind his gun and most of his ammo.

I think he lost his nerve, which is why the casualty count was so low. I get the impression he doesn’t want a direct engagement with law enforcement (perhaps why he stopped so soon).

I can just imagine him wandering around in a panic, before he decided to end it.

I didn't think about the waste issue. This makes me think that he's probably dead.
i was always taught when camping, dig a little hole with a stick before using the bathroom and bury your waste in dirt so other animals dont smell it and come to the camp site. dont know if that works with the dogs or not but could be doing something like that

i was always taught when camping, dig a little hole with a stick before using the bathroom and bury your waste in dirt so other animals dont smell it and come to the camp site. dont know if that works with the dogs or not but could be doing something like that
Would someone in a panic remember to do logical things like that? I probably wouldn't, lol

Good thinking.

I hadn’t given a thought about his waste. Sounds like something that may factor in, though I suppose there are many animals and birds who evacuate all over that forest, too. Might be confusing for the dogs?

Very thankful that the ex-wife notified LE and did not cover for JC. At least they were able to ID him quickly and I can’t remember, did I read above that they traced his phone thanks to her, until he pulled out the battery? Or am I confused about that?

JMO
Hi friend! :)

They did track his phone but didn't get a location until after the shootings. Then they later found the phone without the battery. Great rundown in this article.

...the first location of the phone was received "around 6:53 p.m. and was within 2500 meters of the cell tower on exit 49 on Cromer Ridge."

These thickly forested areas have been (in the not too distant past) notorious for marijuana cultivation... even in the Daniel Boone National forest... gaining the growers Federal charges (particularly if weapons were involved). Shamefully, some of those old growers probably know the land better than any rangers.

jmo

These thickly forested areas have been (in the not too distant past) notorious for marijuana cultivation... even in the Daniel Boone National forest... gaining the growers Federal charges (particularly if weapons were involved). Shamefully, some of those old growers probably know the land better than any rangers.

jmo
I was thinking it looks like ginseng area and harvesters might be wanting to get in there.

jmo

Hi friend! :)

They did track his phone but didn't get a location until after the shootings. Then they later found the phone without the battery. Great rundown in this article.

...the first location of the phone was received "around 6:53 p.m. and was within 2500 meters of the cell tower on exit 49 on Cromer Ridge."
Thank you for informing me about the phone, dear @PommyMommy!

This discussion about JC’s waste is interesting, if a bit unsavory to ponder. :)

I’m guessing if he only has an emergency ration of food, his waste would not amount to much. At least not in such dense forest with animals and birds defecating everywhere.

It is a thought, though. I’m unsure if scent-trained dogs are able to isolate human waste from animal waste. I think that would be difficult.

If he is alive and will soon need to get more food, that’s when I suppose he would have to start breaking into cabins or stores, if he finds any.

In which case either LE may flush him out, or a homeowner will.

JMO.

Since someone who is merely arrested is presumed innocent, I don't see how there was anything actionable. moo

IMOO, the U.S. Marshalls are involved. They'll get their man, just maybe not as quickly as everyone would like.
@GoBuckeyes I see what you're saying.
Yes, "someone who is merely arrested is presumed innocent."
Not disagreeing w that.

Not saying any LE force or agency should have predicted the actions he has (allegedly) taken over the last few days.

Just hoping for successful prosecution.

jmo
The Army does a good job of teaching how to cover your tracks, especially if he was in during war time, and he was. imoo

But he also may have, as you have suggested, already taken himself out. There's just so much dan g territory to cover in searching for him or a body.

If he did any prep for being on the run for an extended time period, I think LE will be able to find evidence of that preparation. (Purchase records, eye witness accounts from store owners, etc.)

Regarding whether the suspect has killed himself or not I believe there are two main thoughts:
1) He said he was going to kill himself, and he did. He was apparently spiraling downhill, so this fits.
2) He said he was going to kill himself as a diversion for LE. Perhaps he pre-planned this to an extent that he had an escape plan.

My opinion only (based totally on speculation) is #1. I think he's lying in the woods somewhere, dead. The blaze of glory. (but then he didn't accomplish his goal of "killing many people", did he? , so, OK, it could be #2)!

<sheesh> who knows?

ETA: I just want this community to be at peace again. I can't imagine what they are going through.

Has anyone mentioned this here yet? A 911 call from the incident by someone who had been shot at. Lex18 News posted to their facebook.
Link
(am I allowed to link news stations social media here?)
I can't see the link since I am in Canada and FB has banned news feeds here in feud with our government legislation. But to answer your question, you can definitely post FB posts here from mainstream media. But you can't post any comments to their post.

I’m not confused. I live across the river from Louisville. Shop there. My doctors are there. I eat out there.
I also travel I75 going to Georgia to see family or when going to Gatlinburg. Beautiful drive.
I also remember Louisville shootings well.
I did read and hear some victims had died.

oh for sure I read it too - every time there was an update I told my husband

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makaylaj
Back