KY- I-75 Active Shooter Targeting Vehicles

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
These thickly forested areas have been (in the not too distant past) notorious for marijuana cultivation... even in the Daniel Boone National forest... gaining the growers Federal charges (particularly if weapons were involved). Shamefully, some of those old growers probably know the land better than any rangers.

jmo
Good thinking. LE should consult with local “farmers” about known hidey holes in that terrain. I’m 50/50 on the outcome. Either he has already unlived himself being the coward he is, or he had someone in wait to whisk him off. I’m leaning towards an accomplice.

What a coward.

Amateur opinion and speculation

This is just my opinion here..

I know in some cases they refer to casualties as injured. Military often use this terminology and it doesn't mean deaths, it just means wounded/victims/people needing assistance. I wonder if people listening to scanners heard them referring to the number of casualties and took that to mean deaths, when it really mean how many were shot and needed help.

no it was actually in MSM news reports linked here at WS
I don't want @LoveNeverFails to think she's going crazy
we did read it and I was giving my husband updates as it changed

The London Police Department posted a picture of Couch, initially naming him a person of interest and later as a suspect in the shooting after authorities said they recovered his SUV on a service road near the crime scene. They later found a semiautomatic weapon nearby that they believe was used in the shooting, said Deputy Gilbert Acciardo, a spokesperson for the local sheriff’s office.
View attachment 530068

(Photo from link, sorry it's B&W and poor quality)

Trying to catch up here.
No FB page for the perp ?
Anything happen in this unstable individual's life recently to make him snap ?
Surprised if this is the only photo of him.
Hoping he's caught very soon --- dead or alive.
Omo.

other photos (mugshots) have been posted in this thread

@Chimera "Surprised if this is the only photo of him."

Pic on LE/FBI poster gives me the impression of a driver's license photo.
Just going by the blue background, his smile (likely not a mug shot) and showing "August 2021."

Easily available to LE. Why not more? IDK.

there's more (mugshots) posted in this thread

SEP 9, 2024
Couch served in the National Guard for at least four years, Dalrymple said. The U.S. Army said in a statement that Couch was in the Army Reserve from March 2013 to January 2019 as a combat engineer who was a private when he left and had no deployments.

Couch had previously served in the Army Reserve and suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder, Weddle told NBC News correspondent Priya Sridhar on Monday.

***Family members of Couch had told investigators that he had grappled with PTSD, Weddle said Monday.

PTSD with no deployments??

ETA: others have said that he could have PTSD from other incidents not related to the army reserve

Last edited:
no it was actually in MSM news reports linked here at WS
I don't want @LoveNeverFails to think she's going crazy
we did read it and I was giving my husband updates as it changed
Thank you. I knew what I heard but its getting crazy now with all the reports. I just saw on afternoon TV (while at the doctor today) channel WLKY TV report that 7 were injured and not five. I think the truth, all of it, will come out once he is found.

Thank you. I knew what I heard but its getting crazy now with all the reports. I just saw on afternoon TV (while at the doctor today) channel WLKY TV report that 7 were injured and not five. I think the truth, all of it, will come out once he is found.

yep I remember that 7 number along the way too

If he's still alive, he must have food and water, plus a way to cover his bathroom waste as I think dogs would hit on that?! I don't know if waste would make him easier to find or not, tbh, just trying to think of the logistics of being on the run in the woods. So far we haven't heard of him stealing anything from a house for food/clothes.

I do wonder if he wants to be tracked and then have a shoot out.

jmo
there was one guy who escaped from prison who was peeing in the river to conceal his scent

Good thinking.

I hadn’t given a thought about his waste. Sounds like something that may factor in, though I suppose there are many animals and birds who evacuate all over that forest, too. Might be confusing for the dogs?

Very thankful that the ex-wife notified LE and did not cover for JC. At least they were able to ID him quickly and I can’t remember, did I read above that they traced his phone thanks to her, until he pulled out the battery? Or am I confused about that?

JMO

the other animals don't have his scent tho
they could've easily got a sweater or whatever from the family that has his scent

Thank you for informing me about the phone, dear @PommyMommy!

This discussion about JC’s waste is interesting, if a bit unsavory to ponder. :)

I’m guessing if he only has an emergency ration of food, his waste would not amount to much. At least not in such dense forest with animals and birds defecating everywhere.

It is a thought, though. I’m unsure if scent-trained dogs are able to isolate human waste from animal waste. I think that would be difficult.

If he is alive and will soon need to get more food, that’s when I suppose he would have to start breaking into cabins or stores, if he finds any.

In which case either LE may flush him out, or a homeowner will.

JMO.
scent trained dogs have very sensitive noses and can definitely differentiate between waste piles...

There could have been confusion between 5 hospitalized and 2 more with very mild scratches/injuries from resulting car fender-benders as a result of the shooting chaos.

Wow! Was thinking they'd catch him last night, then this morning when i checked still no arrest and still no arrest, again now.
Sad to see they haven't found him, those officers must be shattered

Moo
13 days for this prison escapee:

3 weeks for these guys:

we don't know if he cached some supplies or made plans IMO... or even if he is in familiar territory but this is close to home for him so maybe he knows the forest....assuming that he did not have a job recently? It takes awhile for these guys to get tired and make mistakes IMO.

Delayed Reaction? Location of Damage to Vehicle?

@IceIce9 Good point.
I wonder whether the rounds hit victims & vehicles thru side window, windshield, door, or roof.
Yes, I see a delay in realizing what happened could depend on where the vehicle damage was and how serious the personal injury was.

Many years ago on a four lane divided highway w little traffic, I was driving along w no worries, all of a sudden, BAM.
Something exploded & hit me in my shoulder in driver's seat, leaving broken glass over front seats (and me).
I thought it was a bullet until realizing it was a marble sized piece of gravel that had been thrown thru the passenger SIDE window by a highway dept. tractor mowing down in the ditch.

If it had come thru the WINDSHIELD, I probably would have immediately thought gravel was thrown from in front of me, but there was no vehicle close enough to have caused that.
I’m sure we all have stories like this but I wanted to share 2 -

1. A guy from my town was driving past some apple orchards, nice day, window down when he felt a sudden pain in the side of his neck. He slapped at it thinking a bee flew in the window and was surprised to find he was bleeding. Turns out he’s been shot - fortunately through and through with almost no damage. No arrests, but they think it may have been teens shooting at cans (or something similar) in the orchard and never meant to hurt anyone.

2. My sister’s friend was walking down a street past a bar in Guatemala when she felt a sudden pulling on her shoulder area. She reached up thinking someone was trying to steal her purse and realized she’d been shot - again she was relatively unhurt. Bar fight in which someone shot at someone else and the bullet went out the open door and hit an innocent person.

The point of this is that our minds are used to interpreting things we sense/experience based on things we have experienced or know. It’s like the old medical school saying, “When you hear hoof beats think horses, not zebras.” Sudden injuries are often not FELT like we would expect, whether because of adrenalin and/or because we just don’t realize instantaneously what happened. And if it happens in a setting that you wouldn’t typically expect a sudden and potentially life-threatening injury - like minding your own business driving down the highway - your mind doesn’t quite know how to process it and realize what happened.

13 days for this prison escapee:

3 weeks for these guys:

we don't know if he cached some supplies or made plans IMO... or even if he is in familiar territory but this is close to home for him so maybe he knows the forest....assuming that he did not have a job recently? It takes awhile for these guys to get tired and make mistakes IMO.
I have been thinking about that case since this guy fled into the wilderness. I live somewhat close to where that happened so it is still fresh in my mind.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back