Found Deceased KY - Jacob Tipton, 25, Madison County, 23 April 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Jacob Tipton NamUs MP # 34088

Jacob Tipton was last seen on April 23rd. Truck found abandoned in Hart County, Kentucky.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/34088/2/

Article from 2016:

Lt. Jake Reed said they have had a hard time locating any leads he said at this point it's like the investigation has hit a brick wall.

"At this point we don't have a whole lot of information, so we are just hoping maybe somebody will see this and if they have any information they will give us a call," Reed said.
Reed says their only lead in four months was when they found Tiptons SUV abandoned in Hart County more than 100 miles away. A detective working the case told WKYT the car was towed from a parking lot near a cemetery.

Police say when they finally located the SUV it had been cleaned and placed in a used car lot.
Reed says they did a full forensic work-up on the SUV, but no evidence as to what happened to Tipton was found.
http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Family-police-still-searching-for-missing-Berea-man--390506011.html

Jacob Lewis Tipton – The Charley Project

Jacob Lewis Tipton

jacob_lewis_tipton_2.jpg
jacob_lewis_tipton_4.jpg
jacob_lewis_tipton_7.jpg
jacob_lewis_tipton_9.jpg
jacob_lewis_tipton_13.jpg

• Missing Since 04/23/2016
  • Missing From Berea, Kentucky
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 07/11/1991 (28)
  • Age 24 years old
  • Height and Weight 6'3 - 6'5, 180 - 190 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description Possibly a class ring.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Sandy blond hair, brown eyes. Tipton had a light mustache and goatee at the time of his disappearance. He has a tattoo of a cross on his upper left arm and a tattoo of a stylized musical staff on his right forearm. A photo of the musical staff tattoo is posted with this case summary.
Details of Disappearance
Tipton was last seen seen in Berea, Kentucky on April 23, 2016. He lived with his brother in an apartment there and was last seen when he left to spent the night out with his friends. He has never been heard from again.

Two weeks after his disappearance, his green SUV with a red front bumper was found in a parking lot near a cemetery in a rural area in Hart County, Kentucky, more than 100 miles away. A photo of the vehicle is posted with this case summary. Tipton had no known connection to Hart County.

The SUV sat at that location in Hart County for several weeks. The police finally towed it to a used car lot and cleaned it, and were planning to sell it as abandoned property, before they finally realized it was associated with a missing person.

Few details are available in Tipton's case, which remains unsolved.

This is crazy. I found some info that they did recover Jacob, but there is no media coverage? Why?

EPISODE 46: JACOB TIPTON — The Vanished Podcast.

"Update- On March 17, 2020, one of Jacob's family members posted that his remains have been recovered. No other information is available at this time."

Jacob Tipton – Recovered – UNSOLVED APPALACHIA
"**UPDATE** On March 17, 2020 Jacob Tipton’s family confirmed on facebook that his remains had been recovered. Strangely there hasn’t been any coverage on this turn of events by the police."

This is crazy. I found some info that they did recover Jacob, but there is no media coverage? Why?

EPISODE 46: JACOB TIPTON — The Vanished Podcast.

"Update- On March 17, 2020, one of Jacob's family members posted that his remains have been recovered. No other information is available at this time."

Jacob Tipton – Recovered – UNSOLVED APPALACHIA
"**UPDATE** On March 17, 2020 Jacob Tipton’s family confirmed on facebook that his remains had been recovered. Strangely there hasn’t been any coverage on this turn of events by the police."
Do you know where his body was found? who was his girlfriend?

Do you know where his body was found? who was his girlfriend?
All I know is what was stated on the websites. It seems there wasn’t much detail & media didn’t cover it, which is crazy.
As for the gf, I haven’t seen anything on her actual name.

TY for answering. I think it sad that he did not get justice. Im not sure what exactly happened, but it was a messed up investigation for sure.

The Berea police couldn't solve a crime if it happened right in front of them. Look how they botched the Brookelyn Farthing investigation.

A few years back, decomposed human remains were found on top of Robe Mountain in the Berea College forest. There was a plastic bag around the corpse's head, and its hands were missing. There was a key to a Honda car in the dead man's pocket, but no Honda car was found nearby. The Berea police proclaimed it a suicide.

Some years later (I think two or three years ago), the body was identified as belonging to a man from Madison, Wisconsin, with no known ties to Berea. I've been on top of Robe Mountain many times. The trail to it was faint and not well marked; the trail head turned off the Buzzard's Roost trail, and if you didn't already know where it was, you probably wouldn't notice it. The top of Robe Mountain is an unlikely place for an outsider to end up on his own, and a particularly unlikely place to go to commit suicide.

wow. I was just reading about Brookes case. Pretty sad. She is on my list now too. I was wondering about Jake, the family never speaks about him at all since they found his remains. I was thinking maybe it was suicide? idk I think it's strange that nothing is found

Jacob Lewis Tipton – The Charley Project

Tipton disappeared from Berea, Kentucky on April 23, 2016. In February 2020, his skeletal remains were found by on private property in Hardyville, Kentucky. They were identified by dental records in April 2021. The cause of death could not be determined.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ewpcg77
Back