Found Deceased KY - Jill Clayton, 41, Rowan County, 26 Nov 2020 *Missing After Argument*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jill Clayton autopsy reveals death by single gunshot wound

Clayton's boyfriend, Gary Jeffries, has been charged with murder, abuse of a corpse, and evidence tampering.

https://twitter.com/LEX18_Michael/status/1337790600117161985
Murder. Abuse of a corpse. Evidence tampering. Arraignment on both cases likely this week, per Rowan Co. Sheriff.
@LEX18News
After this guy shoots Jill, he then joins her family for Thanksgiving dinner, saying she isn't feeling well?! I have no words for this kind of animal.

After this guy shoots Jill, he then joins her family for Thanksgiving dinner, saying she isn't feeling well?! I have no words for this kind of animal.
I'd be surprised if the family didn't try to speak to her that night. Or they simply believed him? Maybe he told them she was sleeping/resting.

It's also strange that he left the area afterwards, but kept the gun (which he wasn't supposed to possess). He's not a very smart criminal.

DEC 12, 2020
UPDATE: Missing Rowan County woman's boyfriend charged with murder - ABC
Rowan County Sheriff’s Office charged Gary Jeffries with murder, abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence late Friday night.

Gary-Jeffries-2.png

[...]

Jill Clayton autopsy reveals death by single gunshot wound (lex18.com)
Jeffries was in possession of a handgun at the time of his arrest on an unrelated charge.

Investigators are still waiting on the results of the ballistic report.

Arraignments on both cases will likely happen this week.

Also see: Boyfriend charged in Rowan County woman’s death (wsaz.com)

CourtNet 2.0 (kycourts.net)
JEFFRIES, GARY WAYNE (D)
• ROWAN : 21-CR-00041
COMMONWEALTH VS. JEFFRIES, GARY WAYNE
*Next STATUS HEARING is scheduled for 01/21/2022 at 11:00 AM in room C

Last edited:
I searched for the outcome of the trial in this case, but I can only find older articles saying a trial is scheduled.
Can anyone find an update?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
telecrushxx