KY KY - Justin Young, 35, Devils Creek and Travis Trail areas, Whitley County, 14 June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

mlhenn

Reaction score

Whitley County Sheriff’s Department said 35-year-old Justin Young was last seen around 9 p.m. on Friday, June 14, in the Devils Creek and Travis Trail areas.

Police in Whitley County are asking for help finding a man reported missing.

Officials with the Whitley County Sheriff Department confirmed that multiple, extensive ground searches have been conducted in the past few weeks.

On Monday, the department said law enforcement, emergency management, family, and friends have done “multiple extensive ground searches” over the past few weeks in the U.S. National Forest areas.

According to deputies, Young had no active cellphone, bank account, credit or debit cards, or digital footprint.

Young’s family is offering a $1,000 reward for any information that leads to his safe return, the department shared.

This is a rugged and remote place to be missing. To further complicate matters, I can’t find anything related to “Travis Trails” in the area. Searching “Devils Creek” pulled up a road of the same name along a forest road in the Daniel Boone National Forest. Either these two names mean something more generalized (or specific!) to locals or he was very deep in the woods when he was last seen. There are a couple of trails that pass through the area (along with the forest road). I hope the family put up posters at the trailheads.

Whitley County Sheriff’s Department said 35-year-old Justin Young was last seen around 9 p.m. on Friday, June 14, in the Devils Creek and Travis Trail areas.

Curious who last saw him at 9pm that night?

I’d assume this is a secluded place in general but having a hard time locating it.

Curious who last saw him at 9pm that night?

I’d assume this is a secluded place in general but having a hard time locating it.

I took some screenshots, but it’s really hard to share them where it makes any sense. So far to zoom in and zoom back out before there are any landmarks, but maybe this will help. The first photo is from a google for Devils Creek, KY. The other two are using AllTrails app. FR 545 / Devil’s Creek- I assume that means Fire Road 545 for park management.

I’ve marked the FR 545 on each zoom

Attachments

• IMG_1250.jpeg
    IMG_1250.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1251.jpeg
    IMG_1251.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1252.jpeg
    IMG_1252.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1258.jpeg