KY KY - Kathy, 48, & Samantha Netherland, 16, Botland, 21 Apr 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree with Julia B. I can tell you where everything is in my dads house and I haven't lived with him in many years. Muy Curioso has done some amazingly detailed research and while I doubt we will ever know for certain, I think even the opinions of the sisters appear to be that they were targeted and the intention was murder. Never do they mention a disturbed house or motive but do indicate they feel Sam was the specific target due to the brutality of her injuries. Does it mean that is not the case and something was taken or torn apart? No, simply that I have read nothing that leads me down that path. Remember they lost their father to cancer shortly before this so the daughter in college likely visited often. The fact they specifically asked about the placement of the chair Kathy was bound to sticks in my head. Again. it's total speculation

Kathy Netherland’s fb is still up and she talks about having to pick her up from college a LOT. At one point, there was some discussion about her wanting to come back home but Kathy talked her into sticking it out until the year was up. I think she would definitely still be able to tell if the house was out of order.

Kathy Netherland’s fb is still up and she talks about having to pick her up from college a LOT. At one point, there was some discussion about her wanting to come back home but Kathy talked her into sticking it out until the year was up. I think she would definitely still be able to tell if the house was out of order.

The first year my daughter was at college I did not see her much, after Freshman year I talk to her every day and I see her at least once a month. And we have nothing of note going on within our family, say her father dying. Relationships vary so all families are different, that being said...it would not be unusual for her to be home frequently.

Hey guys, just checking into this thread. Created an account primarily to follow this case. I have nothing special to contribute yet, but I have read just about everything that has been posted online and have been following the news on this case for 5 years. Hoping that I can help to connect some dots!

The first year my daughter was at college I did not see her much, after Freshman year I talk to her every day and I see her at least once a month. And we have nothing of note going on within our family, say her father dying. Relationships vary so all families are different, that being said...it would not be unusual for her to be home frequently.

I don’t think it’s necessarily unusual. I do know that if you go through Kathy Netherland’s FB, you’ll see status’ and comments about how frequent she was driving back and forth to pick her up and drop her back off at school. She definitely seemed concerned about her not wanting to finish out the semester and a little tired from getting Samantha to and from every thing she was involved in, and then making the trip back and forth on the weekends to pick her oldest up from Morehead, which is roughly 2 hours away.

Good point that she would know if the house was out of order.

I still have to wonder if she’d know for sure that nothing was missing. Or if something was missing from somewhere outside of the house, such as from a safe deposit box.

In other words, if a person didn’t know something existed to begin with, how would they know that it was actually not missing?

Good point that she would know if the house was out of order.

I still have to wonder if she’d know for sure that nothing was missing. Or if something was missing from somewhere outside of the house, such as from a safe deposit box.

In other words, if a person didn’t know something existed to begin with, how would they know that it was actually not missing?

It’s entirely possible that something was taken from the house and has gone unnoticed. Generally speaking though, if someone is looking for something in particular, of value that’s not in plain sight, they’d have to do quite a bit of rummaging around to find it. I guess just because things weren’t out of place doesn’t necessarily mean things weren’t missing. The whole things seems really personal and I have a hard time believing it was someone unknown to them.

It’s entirely possible that something was taken from the house and has gone unnoticed. Generally speaking though, if someone is looking for something in particular, of value that’s not in plain sight, they’d have to do quite a bit of rummaging around to find it. I guess just because things weren’t out of place doesn’t necessarily mean things weren’t missing. The whole things seems really personal and I have a hard time believing it was someone unknown to them.

I know right? I’ve been concerned that Kathy or Samantha were being painfully coerced to say where the valuables or possibly pain meds were. Then killed. And someone known to them could be aware something was most definitely missing, and then not tell the police that it was gone. Would only be an item known to the perpetrator, and to at least one of the victims (since deceased, can’t speak for themselves as to missing items). ALL is my opinion and speculation.

Not liking any of this, and especially the silence from LE on the case.

Bardstown is a place where strange things happen.

1) There is a new unsolved murder. On June 4, Michael Wayne Unseld, 61 was killed. He lived in a room above the Broken Tee Nite Club, 700 block of West Stephen Foster Avenue. I don´t know if he already resided in that place in 2013 and 2014, but the crime scene is very near of Bardswon schools (Kathy and Samantha Netherland and Amy Ellis). Stephen Foster Restaurant, which is one of the places mentioned by Kathy in her facebook , is 180 yards away.

In 2009 Unseld killed during a hunting accident (squirrels !) to a certain Derek Downs. No charges by Grand Jury.

No arrests made in Saturday Bardstown slaying

2) Two Bardstown men missing for nearly two years in Oregon were found Thursday in what investigators say they believe was a murder/suicide. The bodies of John K. Wood and his son, Jason, were found Thursday evening off Dog River Trail in the Mount Hood National Forest in Oregon, according to a press release from the Hood River County Sheriff’s Office.

http://www.kystandard.com/content/bodies-missing-father-son-found-oregon

They disappeared in September 2014. Detectives have not said who killed whom and why. They should give some information to rule out that there may be some connection with the Ellis or Netherland cases.

Who knows....
Bardstown is a place where strange things happen.

1) There is a new unsolved murder. On June 4, Michael Wayne Unseld, 61 was killed. He lived in a room above the Broken Tee Nite Club, 700 block of West Stephen Foster Avenue. I don´t know if he already resided in that place in 2013 and 2014, but the crime scene is very near of Bardswon schools (Kathy and Samantha Netherland and Amy Ellis). Stephen Foster Restaurant, which is one of the places mentioned by Kathy in her facebook , is 180 yards away.

In 2009 Unseld killed during a hunting accident (squirrels !) to a certain Derek Downs. No charges by Grand Jury.

No arrests made in Saturday Bardstown slaying

2) Two Bardstown men missing for nearly two years in Oregon were found Thursday in what investigators say they believe was a murder/suicide. The bodies of John K. Wood and his son, Jason, were found Thursday evening off Dog River Trail in the Mount Hood National Forest in Oregon, according to a press release from the Hood River County Sheriff’s Office.

http://www.kystandard.com/content/bodies-missing-father-son-found-oregon

They disappeared in September 2014. Detectives have not said who killed whom and why. They should give some information to rule out that there may be some connection with the Ellis or Netherland cases.

Who knows....
The Bardstown Police Department has made an arrest in a 3-year-old murder case.

In June 2016, officials found Michael Unseld, 61, suffering from gunshot wounds inside his home in the 700 block of West Stephen Foster Avenue.

Unseld was transported to the hospital, where he later died.

Police arrested Robert Tate on Friday on a first-degree murder charge.

Unseld's daughter said she was in Walmart when detectives called to inform her of the arrest. She said that she stopped and started crying in the store.

Unseld's son, Michael, said he found out about the arrest via Facebook, as friends were messaging him the news that was posted on the police department's page.

"My world stopped. Everything just froze in time. It was like almost a dream. I had to pinch myself to make sure it was true," he said.

The family said they plan on being in the courtroom every day when the case goes to trial.
Police charge man in connection with 3-year-old Bardstown murder case

I was listening to "The True Crime Chronicles" podcast today and at the beginning of the most recent episode I think I heard them say a new podcast was on the horizon called "Bardstown".

Just thought I'd mention it.

I did a little googling and found this. I haven't listened, yet. It's just a trailer for the podcast. (I wish there would be something new in this but I'm doubtful. I hope I'm wrong.)

"Now the team behind “Bomber,” “True Crime Chronicles,” and “88 Days” is digging into these cases to find out what’s really happening in Bardstown, and whether these murders could be related. And along the way uncovering a history of violence and fear in this otherwise quintessential southern town. "

Bardstown

I agree with Julia B. I can tell you where everything is in my dads house and I haven't lived with him in many years. Muy Curioso has done some amazingly detailed research and while I doubt we will ever know for certain, I think even the opinions of the sisters appear to be that they were targeted and the intention was murder. Never do they mention a disturbed house or motive but do indicate they feel Sam was the specific target due to the brutality of her injuries. Does it mean that is not the case and something was taken or torn apart? No, simply that I have read nothing that leads me down that path. Remember they lost their father to cancer shortly before this so the daughter in college likely visited often. The fact they specifically asked about the placement of the chair Kathy was bound to sticks in my head. Again. it's total speculation

I remember the questioning about a chair - which I thought was strange back then. Now, I see Kathy was reportedly or rumored to be bound to a chair?!? Maybe it was covered on the Oxygen channel episodes - I've only seen clips. I learn something new all the time!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice
Back