GUILTY KY - Kayla Williams, 17, Kortney, 14, & Ethan Frensley, 5, murdered, Roaring Springs, 15 Oct 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did I read this DUnlap guy worked for Direct TV? He could have been in her home on a maintaince call. I always get a little leary when I have to let someone in for repairs.

I totally agree with you. I do not like being alone with anyone in my house. I have two large dogs but I still prefer my husband to be here.

I was in graduate school in Chicago and was setting up cable for my apartment. The cable guy offered me free premium channels in exchange for a sex act. I politely declined. He never said a word about it or made a threatening move but it freaked me out. I left the room and I grabbed a pair of scissors and just put them in my back pocket so they'd be within reach. To this day it freaks me out to be alone with people... even though I know 99% of them are great people.

So it seems no one really knows anything more about Kevin Dunlap. I'm still wondering if there is a connection between he and Kristy. There has been lots of specualtion on many forums but no one seems to have any real answers about who he is or if he was connected to her. Also I read somewhere she may have had an ex-boyfriend involved in drugs and that she was asked to leave her job because of it. Anyone know who the ex-b-friend is or if he is connected to dunlap in any way?

"He said Dunlap had a “relationship” with the satellite television provider DIRECTV, and acknowledged the cooperation of their corporate office during the investigation."

As I understand it, DIRECTV has several contract employees rather than having techs on hand. This way they don't have to pay for the techs to just sit around (when there are no new orders or repair orders) and only have to pay them per job. That may explain the vagueness of the "relationship" statement.

US Search also shows a Lafayette address & that is very close to Roaring Springs as well.

A poster on The Kentucky New Era said that Kevin Dunlap DID live in Roaring Springs up until about 2 years ago. He lived just 5 houses up from this family. The poster says that they also live in Roaring Springs and that he was a weird guy. Don't know whether this is true or not, but I believe it probably is.

The Breaking News on the top of THe Kentucky New Era is that they have released info. on the cause of deaths of the 3 kids. Kayla,17, cut to the neck and the other 2 multiple stab wounds. I had heard this b4 but they actually just released the info. I am like most everyone else, i THINK for him to do something like this, he had to have had some kinda grudge or something.

I need to ck the local news for today but I "think" I heard them to say Dunlap killed his child (referring to the middle child) and 2 step-children. There is some more to this story, no doubt. The oldest child's father was on the news, very sad..:(

In the last post: were you referring to Dunlap's children or the children of Kristy Frensley being killed? It sounded like you were saying Dunlap, the arrested man killed his own child and stepchildren. Would you clarify please?
Thank you

This whole story is un-nerving, to say the least. In some weird way I was hoping it was a "family related grudge" rather than a random act of violence. I guess in my mind it is a little easier to explain (not excuse, but explain) and I could sleep better knowing that it wasn't just another weirdo out on the streets.
I don't think I will EVER again allow a service person in my home when I am alone.

This sounds like it is beginning to shape up as a random crime. The guy is an idiot for driving the directtv van and parking it infront of her house - he couldn't have picked a more identifiable vehicle.

It sounds like he gained access to the house under the guise of being a cable repair man. Or perhaps he had installed cable earlier and made a note that there were no men present and came back under the guise of doing a check-up or something. If the rumors are true then he targeted the mother who was home alone but her children came home and he had to eliminate all of them.

My mother had tree trimmers out to her house a few months ago and that night when she was upstairs in bed she heard someone open the window downstairs and attempt to climb in. Something scared him off and he jumped down and ran off but we are all certain it was one of the tree trimmer guys - there was one guy she said acted interested in her and she suspects it was him.

It is scary being a single woman or jsut a woman home alone and have some stranger come into your house. My super had to come in a few days ago to do some maintenece and it made me really nervous to be alone with him so I put my cats in the bedroom and propped my apt. door wide open. I have done that with cable guys too.

This whole story is un-nerving, to say the least. In some weird way I was hoping it was a "family related grudge" rather than a random act of violence. I guess in my mind it is a little easier to explain (not excuse, but explain) and I could sleep better knowing that it wasn't just another weirdo out on the streets.
I don't think I will EVER again allow a service person in my home when I am alone.

It is very scarey. I had a Cooks Pest Control man try to come inside my home one time. I stopped him and wouldn't let him come in. They canceled my termite bond. I had to call and pitch a fit. The reinstated our bond. But I don't let service people in my home when I am alone. I did used to let a Sears repair guy, but he came so often I felt we were friends. When he retired I quit letting them in.

I used to feel safe letting a repairman in if my kids were present and figured, what's he gonna do with kids around. Never again.

Today her MySpace page (her last log in was yesterday) her mood is 'bummed'. I would say that must be an understatement!

Yes, particularly when she could also have chosen worried, sad, enraged, mad, miserable, or perhaps the most appropriate, nauseated.

Still, one has to wonder what kind of self-awareness does a woman have who marries a man capable of this kind of carnage. Sure the neighbors said he seemed like a regular guy, (http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=9203418 , isn't the I Love Lucy "do" fabulous?) but you think as a wife, she'd have a clue.

More information was released today about Kevin Dunlap.

Other than a DUI - his record is clean.

Four years ago he was Kristi's neighbor - only 5 houses separated their residences.

3168815.php

I also found it interesting that when he was in the military he was in 160TH special ops aka Night Stalkers. By NO means am I slamming this regiment - but it gives me the heevy jeevies to think that he may have used the skills learned to 'stalk' Kristi.

http://wkdzradio.com/ACCUSED-MURDERER-KEVIN-DUNLAP-A-FORMER-NEIGHBOR-OF/3168736

Only my opinions of course....

Yes, particularly when she could also have chosen worried, sad, enraged, mad, miserable, or perhaps the most appropriate, nauseated.

Still, one has to wonder what kind of self-awareness does a woman have who marries a man capable of this kind of carnage. Sure the neighbors said he seemed like a regular guy, (http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=9203418 , isn't the I Love Lucy "do" fabulous?) but you think as a wife, she'd have a clue.

MySpace page has vanished. Poor woman - and their poor children.

One of the New Era articles and several others reported he was NOT driving the Direct TV van when the crimes were comitted. They were present at Dunlap's home when he was arrested. Not sure about how the rumor of the Direct TV van was started but many places reported he was not in the van at the time of the crimes. They only towed his personal vehicle after the arrest. Just thought you would want to know.

none of the mrdered childrens were kevin dunlaps, don't know where you heard that one. the middle childs father has been contacted as well as frensley and williams. sargeant frensley had adopted the 2nd child thats why she had the frensley last name.

please don't speculate on stuff like that it can be turn into a mountain of rumors.

the best place to get the most accurate and most often information is at
http://wkdzradio.com/pages/1483082.php

they have many reports throughout the day plus they even have the araignment recorded to listen to.

One of the New Era articles and several others reported he was NOT driving the Direct TV van when the crimes were comitted. They were present at Dunlap's home when he was arrested. Not sure about how the rumor of the Direct TV van was started but many places reported he was not in the van at the time of the crimes. They only towed his personal vehicle after the arrest. Just thought you would want to know.

Hey Guest - thanks for this information, but please understand that my post #24 was made before the LE started releasing information. My statement did say, "Again - this is all just what is going around here at work - but 'supposedly' the suspect stole a Directv van to flee". I live & work in Hopkinsville & some of my associates live out in that area - so I was just going by what I had heard, and tried to explain that, but maybe I didn't do it so well.

I did find in one of the KNE articles that "Police collected evidence from the house and from a Direct TV van."

But thank you again for clarification.

http://www.kentuckynewera.com/articles/2008/10/18/news/free/doc48f9f620b5021105945181.txt

Bluegal,
I'm sorry if I sounded like I was correcting you harshly...I certainly didn't mean it that way. I too live in Hopkinsville and have seen, read and heard so much about this case. I can tell form your posts you have been following closely and I just thought you would want to know that info. I didn't realize that was from such and earlier post. I may hve seen it where someone reposted to your post later. Anyway, I am so sorry if I came across in an impolite or rude manner.
I am still waiting to find out why they had said that about the Direct TV van to start with. Maybe Kristy did know him and just knew thats who he worked for and didn't know what vehicle he was driving. Alot remains to come out about this I'm sure. There were several articles updated on the New Era website today and this evening.

I don't think we have to "knit-pick" each others posts in order to find the facts. We are all sensible caring adults who would like to help, or we would not be here.
Has anyone been able to find an update on the Mother's condition?

Actually in the Ky New Era article that is titled "Tragedy in Trigg" it states that there were witnesses who saw a Dish Network van in the area, but that as of Thursday that was not a focus of the investigation. So from that I took it that he was in his van but someone either told them of the wrong name on the van or it was reported incorrectly. I mean, I dont really know, but I could not find anywhere in the articles from the New Era where it says that he was not in the van. I am also from nearby and I have kept a close watch on this story. Could he have used both vehicles that day? I dont understand either why there would be evidence in both.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerinska
Back