Found Safe KY - Kenneth Howard, 22mths, Salyersville, 12 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm thrilled Kenneth has been found. I was really worried that this would not have a good outcome.

It's been a brutal few weeks here at WS. It's nice to have a good ending for a change.

I agree. When my son was a toddler, we’d swear he was part mountain goat.
Same here. I also had a barely 18 month old niece that could be sitting on top of my kitchen table trying to get another piece of chocolate out of the basket by the time I turned around wondering why she wasn't right beside me. Kids are tough & incredibly flexible/agile, and some have no fear of anything.

Thank you guys for the warm welcome!

Whew, what a day! First we heard they were gonna call off the search today, if nothing turned up again. Then we heard the dogs hit on something last night! Sure enough, he led them to the area the baby was found in. The folks from Rough Terrain Rescue posted this today:

We have had several comments and questions about our efforts last night. Our oldest hound Hank along with Handler Bill Reed and support Jacob Preece was able to establish a direction of travel last night, this information promoted search managers to concentrate on a specific area. This information ultimately lead searchers to Kenneth's location

A local fireman was the one who actually found him. They heard him cry, and kept looking. Thank God he was strong enough still to cry. My entire office burst into tears when we heard the news. He's with his mom and dad at the hospital now.
Folks wonder how he could make it in the hills so long? He's a hillbilly. We are born and raised in these hills. I spent my childhood wandering up and down these hills and hollers, barefoot half the time. He's a little mountain man! lol. Seriously, though, I believe that baby had angels with him.

I dont think there is ANY question of any type of foul play. A POSSIBILITY of maybe negligence, maybe, if that. There's rumors and some facts, but this was never nothing intentional or evil.

OH, how happy we are tonight!

A big hand for ole Hank!

60347239_2282937678452858_1016171502543831040_n.jpg

Whew, what a day! First we heard they were gonna call off the search today, if nothing turned up again. Then we heard the dogs hit on something last night! Sure enough, he led them to the area the baby was found in. The folks from Rough Terrain Rescue posted this today:

We have had several comments and questions about our efforts last night. Our oldest hound Hank along with Handler Bill Reed and support Jacob Preece was able to establish a direction of travel last night, this information promoted search managers to concentrate on a specific area. This information ultimately lead searchers to Kenneth's location

A local fireman was the one who actually found him. They heard him cry, and kept looking. Thank God he was strong enough still to cry. My entire office burst into tears when we heard the news. He's with his mom and dad at the hospital now.
Folks wonder how he could make it in the hills so long? He's a hillbilly. We are born and raised in these hills. I spent my childhood wandering up and down these hills and hollers, barefoot half the time. He's a little mountain man! lol. Seriously, though, I believe that baby had angels with him.

I dont think there is ANY question of any type of foul play. A POSSIBILITY of maybe negligence, maybe, if that. There's rumors and some facts, but this was never nothing intentional or evil.

A big hand for ole Hank!

Reading this really made me smile! He is a hillbilly! I just love this!!!

I agree. I like to know how he was able to get into the spot he actually ended up. Maybe now that he's been found, backtracking can be done to follow any trail he left. I'd just be curious to know where he was the entire time and what precautions a parent would need to watch for in this little adventurer. Don't want this to happen again.

Put up a tall fence around the yard.

A big hand for ole Hank!

I’m so thankful and so happy that he’s safe and in good condition!

I feel badly that I suspected the parents earlier this morning. I guess it’s hard not to do when so many stories turn badly for these little ones.

Thank God, this was one of the happy ones.

JMO
All of the missing little boys whose parents claimed they were lost, kidnapped, or what have you does leave you jaded. Hard to trust again when you've believed these parents would never hurt their child only to find out that they murdered their child. That's hard to get past.
This one didn't hit me that way, not even for a minute. I looked at his pictures. He was healthy, well fed and happy. He didn't have that scared doe look in his eyes. Something about the little guy himself made me know that he had escaped out into the wild and was out there being a boy.
I'm just so thankful that he managed to stay warm enough and dry, so he didn't suffer hypothermia. I'm also so incredibly happy for bubby and his mom & dad. All of the people that searched for him too. I'm glad they got their miracle.

I believe this case was exactly what it looks like it was-a little boy wandered off and wound up further from home than anyone thought. I don't think there was foul play involved. I DID think that, before he was found, but I don't now. I hope those rumors are put to rest soon.

I've never taken offence to being called a "hillbilly." It's always felt a bit like a badge of honor. Good for the little guy for hanging in there.

I hope we can put to rest rumors and realize that this was nothing but an innocent accident that could have happened to any family with a curious 2 yr old that lives in the mountains.

Investigations ongoing is nothing more than crossing the T's and doting the I's.

This family has suffered enough!

I myself had doubts and I even hinted that there could have been suspicious circumstances, But I tried not to actually point the finger at the family.

I just couldn't see that he could have wandered up those steep inclines and dissapeared the way that we were being told.

But I am grateful that I was completely wrong and totally underestimated that lil guy

I hope we all can just be ecstatic for this family and the fact they get to wrap their loving arms around him!

Miracles do happen and I couldn't be happier

JMO

So sorry to hear of the loss of your son. That's got to make these cases that much harder for you and your husband. You both sound like amazing people. I'm happy that you both have each other to lean on when things look bleak, or times are hard. Even more so to share the good times.

So sorry to hear of the loss of your son. That's got to make these cases that much harder for you and your husband. You both sound like amazing people. I'm happy that you both have each other to lean on when things look bleak, or times are hard. Even more so to share the good times.

Thank you. I don't actually do much-it's all him. :) I just stay home, keep him updated, and cook dinner. But yeah, I'm glad to have him and our other kids. Last few years haven't been easy but we're all glad to have each other. I don't think I could've made it through if not for them and this part of Kentucky. We all disagree on a lot of things these days, but when something happens to one of us everyone does pull together around here.

And also a shout out to the rescue teams who never gave up hope! Many of them are non profit and or working for very little pay, just for the chance of trying to make the very best out of a bad situation.

Many times no matter how hard they try and how much they care, they can't receive a positive outcome.

It's times like these that makes all those heartbreaking searches worth it and gives them hope and drive to continue on their chosen paths.

Many of them take days off of work, have to leave their loved ones etc with the hopes of doing what they feel in there hearts

God bless those selfless individuals!

So, adorable little stinker was almost 1/3 of a mile from home, on a 50' cliff, in the woods. Time to write "No Fear" on the back of his diaper. Time to buy a good pair of hiking boots and put him in survival training for his 2nd birthday would be a good idea. How early do they take Cub Scouts?!? LOL! Truly tickled that he's safe.
So glad he didn't get frustrated and try to get off that cliff side on his own. I wonder if he spent all 3 nights on that cliff?

Thank you. I don't actually do much-it's all him. :) I just stay home, keep him updated, and cook dinner. But yeah, I'm glad to have him and our other kids. Last few years haven't been easy but we're all glad to have each other. I don't think I could've made it through if not for them and this part of Kentucky. We all disagree on a lot of things these days, but when something happens to one of us everyone does pull together around here.
Don't sell yourself short. He gets the time to do what he does because you take care of him and his needs so that he can. You're his shoulder to lean on when the cases don't turn out the way this one did. We all know that family can be hard to live with at times, but they're even harder to live without.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet81bet
Back