Found Deceased KY - Maudie Smith, Perry County, 22 Feb 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.wymt.com/content/news/Human-remains-identified-more-than-one-year-later-480561851.html

HAZARD, Ky. (WYMT) A little more than one year later officials have identified remains found in Viper, Perry County. Perry County Deputy Coroner Jeff Combs said they belong to Maudie Smith.

Someone found her skull in April 2017 at Bears Lane Cemetery. Initially, officials were unsure whether the remains belonged to a person.

The news comes as friends of Smith speculated that she was the person found dead.

I just came here to check on Maudie, and saw the news. May she rest in peace. :cry: I'm so sad for her friends and family. I did not know her personally, but we shared friends. I hope this thread stays open, and they try to find the rest of her remains. I believe someone hurt her, or it was a hit and run, but that's just my thoughts, I've no proof.

No news updates.

J: "I called to where she was staying, where I talked to her last at, the person told me she left on foot going down the street... right fork of Maces Creek," said SJ in an interview last July.

The remains of the missing Eastern Kentucky woman, M. S., were found in Bears Lane Cemetery in Viper, KY.

Smith’s cause of death, as well as the current status of the investigation into her disappearance and death, have not been released, but are under investigation by the Kentucky State Police.

Bears Lane Cemetery (AKA Felix York Cemetery), Bears Lane Cemetery Rd, Viper, KY. (MS had a FB but not sure about linking)

Attachments

• Bear Lane_ MS last seen.jpg
    Bear Lane_ MS last seen.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads