Location Lexington, Kentucky 40502
County: Fayette County

Investigating Agencies

Lexington Police Department
(859) 258-3600

Agency Case Number2018-200406
Matt Merker, Detective
--

Circumstances of Disappearance: Natalie was in jail in a drug recovery program while awaiting transition to a residential treatment facility. She was accidentally released on October 7, 2018 at approximately 7:30pm. She called me confused, stating she had been accidentally released, which had been verified by a prior phone call to me from her mental health counselor. I advised her to go to Salvation Army in Lexington and her counselor would come get her. She agreed to do this, but later was not at Salvation Army. She has had no contact with any known persons since 10/11/18, and has had no presence on social media since.

Namus: https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/52967/details
FB: https://www.facebook.com/nattybabyy

Video at link.

Court mix-up leads to woman being mistakenly released from Fayette County jail
Natalie was initially arrested on shoplifting and drug charges, and her mother Linda Maurer says she has mental issues and has been battling addiction. Natalie was being held for her own safety until a bed opened at a court-ordered treatment center.

"I just want to know what happened to her,” said Linda Maurer. “Natalie's really a good kid. She needs some help."

Court records show an order of release and an order of commitment for Natalie both dated on Oct. 8. Jail officials say they received the court order to release Maurer, and let her go at 7:09 p.m.

At 7:52 p.m. they say they got an order telling them to hold her until her next court date the following week, but by then Maurer was already gone. Linda Maurer says Natalie called her and asked her to come get her, but she didn’t.

“I regret it now, but I said, “’I talked to your counselor. She told me to tell you to go to Salvation Army, and she'll come over there and get you,’” said Linda Maurer.
upload_2018-10-25_3-6-2.jpeg

This is a tricky situation.. more than likely she is using somewhere and doesn’t want to go to rehab right now. She was free and used that as an excuse. If there is any motivation for recovery, she will turn up or possibly get arrested again..

This is a tricky situation.. more than likely she is using somewhere and doesn’t want to go to rehab right now. She was free and used that as an excuse. If there is any motivation for recovery, she will turn up or possibly get arrested again..

I think the same. Drug addicts can go missing for ages at a time and then pop up again when they need money. I do wish there was more help for drug users but they need to want it and it's pretty expensive to do it properly.

Sister says she has been found but has not contacted family yet.. sad situation

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018