KY KY - Officer Jason Ellis, 33, Bardstown, 25 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does Kara have a thread here? TIA
Kara was last seen on Beech Fork Road in Gravel Switch, Kentucky on July 17, 2010. She said she was meeting a friend and would be back in a few hours. At 2:00 a.m. on July 18, she spoke on the phone with her mother and said she'd been home shortly.

She never arrived home and never showed up for work later that morning. She has never been heard from again. The car Kara was driving, a silver 2009 Pontiac G6 with the Kentucky license plate number 381-LAE, was found abandoned on Bluegrass Parkway, westbound, on July 25. It had three-quarters of a tank of gas and the windows were rolled down.

Two months after Kara's disappearance, police arrested her estranged husband, father-in-law, brother-in-law and sister-in-law on unrelated charges. Authorities stated the investigation in Kara's case had uncovered evidence leading to the charges.

Her father-in-law, William Joseph "Joey" Rigdon, was charged attempted murder, first-degree arson, criminal mischief and possession of destructive devices in connection with a 2004 incident where a trailer caught fire and exploded.

Kara's husband, William Robert "Bobby" Rigdon, was charged with criminal possession of a forged instrument and being a persistent felony offender. A photo of him is posted with this case summary. Her sister-in-law, Wendy Rigdon, was charged with intimidating a witness. Several days after the three arrests, Bobby's twin brother William David "Billy" Rigdon turned himself in to the police to face charges of possessing stolen property. Wendy is his wife.

Bobby and his twin brother William "Billy" Rigdon were already facing charges in another case at the time of their September 2010 arrests. In 2005, they allegedly kidnapped a teenage girl whose family lived in the trailer Joey allegedly blew up the following year. The Rigdon family were well-known to the police and had been jailed several times. Following the arrests, police began excavating Joey's property on Sulphur Springs Road.

In 2012, Bobby shot and killed Wendell Gleason Pyles at Pyles's place of work in Columbia, Kentucky. The prosecution theorized that Bobby, a member of a local motorcycle club, killed Pyles, a former member of the same club, at the behest of the club's president, David Salyers, and to show his commitment to the club.

Witnesses testified that Pyles had borrowed money from Salyers and not repaid it. Salyers wanted Pyles dead, but couldn't commit the crime himself because he was partially paralyzed from a prior stroke, so he asked Bobby to do it. DNA from a cigarette butt found at the crime scene was matched to Bobby.

Salyers was convicted of complicity to murder in 2014 and sentenced to twenty years in prison. In 2015, Bobby was convicted of murder and sentenced to 38 years in prison.

Kara and Bobby had divorced in 2003, then reconciled in December 2009. They separated in June 2010, the month before her disappearance. They have two children. Her case remains unsolved, but foul play is suspected.

Kara was last seen on Beech Fork Road in Gravel Switch, Kentucky on July 17, 2010. She said she was meeting a friend and would be back in a few hours. At 2:00 a.m. on July 18, she spoke on the phone with her mother and said she'd been home shortly.

She never arrived home and never showed up for work later that morning. She has never been heard from again. The car Kara was driving, a silver 2009 Pontiac G6 with the Kentucky license plate number 381-LAE, was found abandoned on Bluegrass Parkway, westbound, on July 25. It had three-quarters of a tank of gas and the windows were rolled down.

Two months after Kara's disappearance, police arrested her estranged husband, father-in-law, brother-in-law and sister-in-law on unrelated charges. Authorities stated the investigation in Kara's case had uncovered evidence leading to the charges.

Her father-in-law, William Joseph "Joey" Rigdon, was charged attempted murder, first-degree arson, criminal mischief and possession of destructive devices in connection with a 2004 incident where a trailer caught fire and exploded.

Kara's husband, William Robert "Bobby" Rigdon, was charged with criminal possession of a forged instrument and being a persistent felony offender. A photo of him is posted with this case summary. Her sister-in-law, Wendy Rigdon, was charged with intimidating a witness. Several days after the three arrests, Bobby's twin brother William David "Billy" Rigdon turned himself in to the police to face charges of possessing stolen property. Wendy is his wife.

Bobby and his twin brother William "Billy" Rigdon were already facing charges in another case at the time of their September 2010 arrests. In 2005, they allegedly kidnapped a teenage girl whose family lived in the trailer Joey allegedly blew up the following year. The Rigdon family were well-known to the police and had been jailed several times. Following the arrests, police began excavating Joey's property on Sulphur Springs Road.

In 2012, Bobby shot and killed Wendell Gleason Pyles at Pyles's place of work in Columbia, Kentucky. The prosecution theorized that Bobby, a member of a local motorcycle club, killed Pyles, a former member of the same club, at the behest of the club's president, David Salyers, and to show his commitment to the club.

Witnesses testified that Pyles had borrowed money from Salyers and not repaid it. Salyers wanted Pyles dead, but couldn't commit the crime himself because he was partially paralyzed from a prior stroke, so he asked Bobby to do it. DNA from a cigarette butt found at the crime scene was matched to Bobby.

Salyers was convicted of complicity to murder in 2014 and sentenced to twenty years in prison. In 2015, Bobby was convicted of murder and sentenced to 38 years in prison.

Kara and Bobby had divorced in 2003, then reconciled in December 2009. They separated in June 2010, the month before her disappearance. They have two children. Her case remains unsolved, but foul play is suspected.
A google search revealed her thread here. I opened it and immediately noticed a local who knew her. I’m reading up now and hopefully may have something else to add. Also, I asked a fellow WS who is an attorney and familiar with staging to look at the Crystal Rogers case to review our info to get some insight and a fresh perspective. The McStay family trial is headed into deliberations soon so I will see what comes from his insight. Thanks for sharing! I spend a lot of time near Marion County. It is heartbreaking what goes on with all the missing people in the vicinity!

A google search revealed her thread here. I opened it and immediately noticed a local who knew her. I’m reading up now and hopefully may have something else to add. Also, I asked a fellow WS who is an attorney and familiar with staging to look at the Crystal Rogers case to review our info to get some insight and a fresh perspective. The McStay family trial is headed into deliberations soon so I will see what comes from his insight. Thanks for sharing! I spend a lot of time near Marion County. It is heartbreaking what goes on with all the missing people in the vicinity!

I agree! So many missing. It breaks my heart for the families! I hope to somehow help

This is a must read for anyone interested in the 5 unsolved murders in Bardstown; Jason Ellis, Kathy Netherland, Samantha Netherland, Crystal Rogers and Tommy Ballard. Get a drink and settle in as it is a long read but very interesting and contains a lot a good pictures and court records.

CHAPTER ONE
The Most Beautiful Small Town in America
Bardstown is like a lot of small, tight-knit communities all across the country. It’s beautiful and bucolic. It is about family. It’s home.

This is a southern story.

It is also a tale of a community crippled by fear and violence and one with buried secrets - where towns folk sometimes whisper about who might be to blame.

Who’s responsible for killing a cop, a mother and daughter, a young mother and then her father? Could the cases be connected? Should the residents in the most beautiful small town be afraid? And if so, of what?

What’s going on in Bardstown?

Bardstown Podcast | bardstownpodcast.com

I'm giving running commentary here:

Informant/inmate is saying Jason was killed because he was getting close to finding out about robberies at local storage units, might be related to drugs. Tells the location of the weapon, where it was hidden. LE says they haven't heard about any of this. They haven't investigated. Not very friendly towards the people with the tv documentary.

And just why haven't "they" investigated???? hmmmm......very interesting. My sister
-in-law lived there for a few years. I live in the state of KY. I've visited Bardstown. It's a beautiful and historical town. I wouldn't want to live there. Who's going to protect you there? And would you even want to be protected by the people who have been hired to do so? A lot of funny business going on there....... all the way to the top.

And just why haven't "they" investigated???? hmmmm......very interesting. My sister
-in-law lived there for a few years. I live in the state of KY. I've visited Bardstown. It's a beautiful and historical town. I wouldn't want to live there. Who's going to protect you there? And would you even want to be protected by the people who have been hired to do so? A lot of funny business going on there....... all the way to the top.

How do you know that there hasn’t been any investigation?

you are implying that five murders happened and the police just shrugged their shoulders and said “ oh well” and continued with their usual routine.

The same person did not kill all five of these people in fact they may be dealing with a different suspect in each case.

what “funny business” is there?

I love these outrageous posts and the attempts to weasel their way out.

How do you know that there hasn’t been any investigation?

you are implying that five murders happened and the police just shrugged their shoulders and said “ oh well” and continued with their usual routine.

The same person did not kill all five of these people in fact they may be dealing with a different suspect in each case.

what “funny business” is there?

I love these outrageous posts and the attempts to weasel their way out.
There is extensive corruption with Bardstown and Nelson County. Are you familiar with the five murders? When Officer Jason Ellis was murdered they basically threw their hands in the air. Nick Houck worked the same shift as officer Ellis and he would have known the precise time Jason would have been heading home. He would have known Jason to be the kind of cop to get out of his cruiser and remove the brush strewn across the exit. He would have known that Jason was not in his regularly assigned cruiser that night and that his drug canine was not with him.
To those of us who live in Kentucky there is a strong belief that these cases are linked. IMO the Feds investigation will get to the bottom of some if not all the monkey business going on for the past five years. People have lived in fear long enough IMO and I think the fact that Feds came in smells of small town police corruption. I am thankful for their response and finally a substantial investigation regardless whether the crimes are related. I stand firmly with those who believe the cases are linked.

There is extensive corruption with Bardstown and Nelson County. Are you familiar with the five murders? When Officer Jason Ellis was murdered they basically threw their hands in the air. Nick Houck worked the same shift as officer Ellis and he would have known the precise time Jason would have been heading home. He would have known Jason to be the kind of cop to get out of his cruiser and remove the brush strewn across the exit. He would have known that Jason was not in his regularly assigned cruiser that night and that his drug canine was not with him.
To those of us who live in Kentucky there is a strong belief that these cases are linked. IMO the Feds investigation will get to the bottom of some if not all the monkey business going on for the past five years. People have lived in fear long enough IMO and I think the fact that Feds came in smells of small town police corruption. I am thankful for their response and finally a substantial investigation regardless whether the crimes are related. I stand firmly with those who believe the cases are linked.
I agree, I think they are connected too

Jason Ellis' case renewed amid FBI's Crystal Rogers investigation | whas11.com
All cases were brought back to life after the FBI took over the investigation into Bardstown mother Crystal Rogers' disappearance.

The FBI has a $50,000 reward for information leading the arrested of those responsible for Jason Ellis' death. Anyone with information that could be useful to the case is asked to call 1-800-CALL-FBI, or report anonymously on the Crystal Rogers Task Force's site.
It's almost as if the FBI thinks LE botched all these cases. Hmm.

It's almost as if the FBI thinks LE botched all these cases. Hmm.
I don't think the reason FBI came in and took the lead has anything to do with botched cases or insufficient detective work but rather the fact that these cases have remained unsolved for so long. Sometimes it requires a fresh set of eyes and detectives with different ideas and techniques to bring a new light to the cold cases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist
Back