KY KY - Perry Stokes, 20, Elkton, 24 Aug 1982

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Burchett v. Com.

The case in question is one county over from Todd county. I believe this is the same Toner but could some of those involved in the escape have been people known before the arrest? Maybe people that maybe grew grew up with him and juerrell? Or possibly be some of the organized crime discussed in Doug stokes’s letter? If anyone has any information but does not want to share on here please feel free to send me a message here.

##Found info I was looking for##

Does it say anywhere the friend(s) names that were with him or who were in possession of his wallet, etc?

New to this site. I lived near there for a brief period while married to a man who was from there. Interested to find out as many details as possible! TIA

Last edited:
##Found info I was looking for##

Does it say anywhere the friend(s) names that were with him or who were in possession of his wallet, etc?

New to this site. I lived near there for a brief period while married to a man who was from there. Interested to find out as many details as possible! TIA
Welcome to Websleuths, Farinav!

The letter doesn’t specify which friend had possession of the wallet, but from what I can tell it was a small tight knit group of friends that are in their late 50s and early 60s that grew up in the stringtown area and it seems some of them continue to be involved with drugs.

I found a few more pictures of Juerrell. I couldn't find his senior photo. I did notice that his sister was in the same year as him. Is he by chance a twin?
The high school if anyone is interested is Todd County High in Elkton, Kentucky.

Attachments

• Original.jpg
    Original.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20201019-230122~2.png
    Screenshot_20201019-230122~2.png
    282.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20201019-231043~2.png
    Screenshot_20201019-231043~2.png
    53 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20201019-231035~2.png
    Screenshot_20201019-231035~2.png
    135.6 KB · Views: 43
I found a few more pictures of Juerrell. I couldn't find his senior photo. I did notice that his sister was in the same year as him. Is he by chance a twin?
The high school if anyone is interested is Todd County High in Elkton, Kentucky.

I believe she was a cousin but I’m not certain. I believe he had a sister named Angie that died in Florida.

This was from September 1981. It’s a clipping from a newspaper in neighboring Hopkinsville. If any of these attackers or the other victim MR Piper is still alive it could lead to more information. I think refusal to tell whom the attackers were is telling.

Attachments

• 372396FA-EE56-4C1C-9305-7B314D8A552C.png
    372396FA-EE56-4C1C-9305-7B314D8A552C.png
    560.5 KB · Views: 31
This was from September 1981. It’s a clipping from a newspaper in neighboring Hopkinsville. If any of these attackers or the other victim MR Piper is still alive it could lead to more information. I think refusal to tell whom the attackers were is telling.
That's incredibly telling. It seems like these thugs were a feared group if they were pulling people out of cars just to beat and mug people.

I’ve heard that Doug threatened multiple times to kill Juerrell and put him in a well or somewhere he would never be found. This seems to be a good source but I’m trying to make sense of what the motive would be. I don’t believe he could have gotten anything out of this. If there is a well on the property or any property that Doug lived at previously this should be investigated. It is said that Doug was an especially mean man and it’s possible that fear made have played a part in Juerrell’s friends behavior.

The local police department at this time had made notorious mistakes in other cases. They pursued an innocent man for a murder and he did a significant amount of time before he was found to be innocent. I believe on those grounds major cases like this from that time should be completely reinvestigated.

In Jauary of 1986 a skeleton was found of a white male, 20-35 years of age in Volusia County. The UID had light brown hair, was about 5'9", and had a overbite and lopsided jaw. He was wearing a eagle belt buckle and had several rings in his possession. Could these be the remains of "Buck". DNA is in on both cases, HMMM.....

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1233

this UID was identified as Kip Evans.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time