KY KY - Regina Renee Cox, 18, Somerset, 23 Aug 1997

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping for Regina.
Does anyone know if she has DNA uploaded yet?
Doe Network lists all her identifiers as unknown, however, considering how far she got in the recruiting process, shouldn't there be fingerprints out there for her?

The age might be off , but the eyes in the recreation look green although it says "unknown " on the eyes. Also , I will have to look it back up but the Naval recruiter who recruited Regina initially was discharged for rape of another girl actually before Regina left. I feel like he met Regina under the guise of wanting to talk to her , and either forced her or convinced her to get in his vehicle.I did find him , he does have a record for sexual misconduct and rape.

I was initially pointed in this direction by Topix, of all places, but thought this was worth posting because I was able to corroborate the most important parts of it in MSM.

There was a recruiter, initials TRF, who was at that recruiting station that she disappeared from. He was convicted of multiple rapes and at least one kidnapping. It was around the same time. He was later exonerated on (imo) a ridiculous technicality, but I am feeling like this is the guy.

The Courier-Journal from Louisville, Kentucky - Newspapers.com

https://www.law.umich.edu/special/exoneration/Pages/casedetail.aspx?caseid=3832

The only thing that is bothering me is that it says he was a recruiter at that location from October 1995 to February 1997, when he was moved to administrative duty because of the allegations. Regina didn't go missing until August 1997. That leaves me with a couple questions that perhaps someone with military knowledge could answer?

1) Would he still have been at the same physical location while on administrative duty?
2) If she was visiting the recruiting center in August 1997 (when she disappeared), could she have enlisted or been seeing the recruiter in February 1997 or earlier while he was still there in a recruiting role?
3) After February 1997, he obviously knew he was in trouble, could that have been a reason why he had to do something so that Regina wouldn't decide to speak up also? Would he have waited until August to do that?

Note: I could not find any MSM stating he was ever named a suspect in Regina's disappearance, but the fact that he was in the exact location she disappeared from and has these convictions, made me think it was worth posting.
I totally agree with this! I feel like the answer to your first question could be yes , however even if he wasn't still at the Somerset office; everything I have read points to the fact that he was her initial recruiter or involved in some capacity. I'm sure she knew him or was possibly comfortable enough with him to stop and talk to him or even get close enough for him too get her in his car or even convince her to get in his vehicle. His last name is Forbes and at one point you could read his case which stated he got off on the other rape and kidnapping charges due to a technicality? Was it todd forbes, I found him on FB at one point too and would love to see if he has anymore convictions. Most predators don't stop.

Regina Renee Cox - U.S. Navy - Missing for 26 years...​

regina_renee_cox_1.jpg
regina_renee_cox_2.jpg
regina_renee_cox_3.jpg
regina_renee_cox_4.jpg
regina_renee_cox_5.jpg

Regina Renee Cox, age 18, Missing since 23 August 1997

• Missing From Somerset, Kentucky
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 07/10/1979 (44)
  • Age 18 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2, 115 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A tie-dyed t-shirt, blue jeans and black sandals.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes. Cox has scars on her right elbow and on her right wrist. Her ears are pierced. Cox's nickname is Reggie.

Details of Disappearance​

Cox was last seen leaving the parking lot of the United States Armed Services Recruiting Station in her hometown of Somerset, Kentucky on August 23, 1997 at approximately 11:30 a.m. She has never been heard from again.

Her mother discovered Cox's vehicle abandoned in the parking lot of the Wal-Mart store across the street from the Recruiting Station at approximately 5:30 a.m. on August 24, the following morning. Her car was locked and her purse, identification and money was inside the vehicle. There was no sign of Cox at the scene and her car keys were not located.

Cox was born in Hamilton County, Ohio. She joined the U.S. Navy prior to her disappearance and was scheduled to report to the Great Lakes Recruit Training Center in Illinois on September 9, 1997. Her family believes that she was taken against her will. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS)
  • Washington D.C. Headquarters
  • 202-433-9225
  • 800-479-9685
  • NCIS Resident Agency
  • Memphis, Tennessee Office
  • 901-874-5387
  • Pulaski County Sheriff's Department
  • 606-678-5145

Source Information​

• Sad
Reactions: ?!?
Did anyone see her get into her car and leave?

There is very little information about this case

I noticed several people have mentioned things that I have observed since reviewing Regina's case. I had never known that she was potentially considered a victim of Angel Maturina Resendiz "The Railway Killer". When you look at this theory, it is actually very compelling. I have started a spreadsheet dating all the way back to 1986 (when Resendiz admitted to starting to kill) and began looking at all Jane and John Does in the United States that disappeared near railways. I think he may have been killing very early on. Anyway, here is something I mocked up based of Resendiz being a potential cause for her death. Note: there is no evidence she is dead, but I am assuming here.

1) On August 6, 1996, Resendiz was arrested in Science Hill, KY and sentenced to three days in jail for trespassing at the railroad yard. Science Hill is a small community north of Somerset. (There is a year difference, but I place this here to show he had been in Pulaski/Somerset before.)
2) On August 23, 1997, Regina Renee Cox goes missing.
3) On August 29, 1997, Christopher Maier and Holly Dunn are attacked in Lexington, KY. Christopher is killed and Holly survives.

The train goes straight up from Somerset to Lexington. I think Resendiz had ties in Pulaski County, most likely from the fact he did farm work including picking tobacco. If he had worked for someone in Pulaski County on a farm, the body could be anywhere in the county. Resendiz admitted in an interview in 2003 that he did "chop them up in little pieces and throw them in swamp." When he was asking about potential victims not yet identified.

I have an entire list of people that I suspect he may have killed. They executed him way too soon, but here is what I have found so far:
7/5/1997MurderedBludgeonedColton, CARoberto CastroMN/AYes0 milesNot officially charged, but considered the prime suspect.
7/16/1997MissingN/AConroe, TXTina Louise BowenFUnknownYes1 mileBowen was last seen inside her residence at 517 Silverdale in Conroe, Texas on July 14, 1997. Bowen lived with her parents, her mother last saw her at home in the predawn hours of July 14. Tina's mother, said her daughter was asleep the last time she looked in on her about 03:30 and was gone at 09.00 when she checked on her again. 1831DFTX - Tina Louise Bowen
8/16/1997MissingN/AOpp, ALKemberley RamerFHouseYes1 milePolice believe it was a family friend. Home was not broken into.
8/23/1997MissingN/ASomerset, KYRegina Renee CoxFCarYes2 milesLast known location was afternoon on the day before. Car found at 0530 a.m. in Walmart Parking Lot. Purse, ID, etc. in the car.
8/29/1997MurderedBludgeonedLexington, KYChristopher MaierMN/AYes0 milesOn the train tracks, used a rock to bludgeon on victim to death and stabbed the other. Female survived.
8/29/1997Attempted MurderStabbed and BlugeonedLexington, KYFN/AYes0 milesRaped and stabbed victim. She survived and was able to give a positive description.
10/16/1997MissingN/ACharlotte, NCJane Elizabeth BuiFUnknownNeeded someone to help her paint her house, an acquaintance was driving her car a year later. Allegedly made it home and then disappeared.
10/21/1997MissingN/ABrooksville, KYErika Lee FraysureFCarNoOver 20 MilesLast seen the night before, car abandoned on Fronks Ln. From Germantown.
10/26/1997MissingN/ALexington, KYLydia PerkinsFHouseYes2 milesLast heard from at her house on Rugby Road via phone. No evidence.
3/17/1998MissingN/AClarksville, TNShannon Elaine Riley ArifFCarYes2 milesCar was found in Walmart parking lot (like Regina's).

I have a bunch more, but please feel free to let me know you think or if this inspires further investigation. I feel like Erika Lee Fraysure is less likely to be a Resendiz victim just based off how far her location was from the train tracks.

Attachments

• Slide1.jpeg
    Slide1.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Slide2.jpeg
    Slide2.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Slide3.jpeg
    Slide3.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 2
Thank you!
You’re very welcome.

Also, welcome to WS. Don’t give up. There are so many missing and unidentified that need to be reviewed and researched. The more eyes on these cases, the better.

I was 13 or 14 when Regina went missing. We went to the same church, and she was friends with my sister.
I found a similiar case online, that happened in october the same year. I never heard of the other case, but I think they're linked. They're to similiar, and they happened to close together not the be linked.
I remember going to visit her mom, with my sister, and grandmother right after she went missing. No parent should have to go through something like this. I hope this case can be solved for the sake of her family, and for everyone that was lucky enough to have been able to know her. [/I]
http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/se...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US
I don't remember what part of Ohio she is from, but the other case I found that happened just a few months later, was in Brooksville, Ky. Which is right next to Ohio. Brooksville, Kentucky - Wikipedia
Somerset is about 45 minutes from Tennessee, so who ever it was, was traveling towards Ohio atleast. If the two cases are linked.
I’m not sure if you still check this, but did the church in Somerset do outreach for migrant workers or transient people back in the 1990s? I worked with three people from the JW church in Somerset and I know they did a lot of outreach as far as preaching the gospel. Other than that, I don’t know much else.

There was another case in Tennessee in 1999 that was very similar to Regina’s.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back