KY KY - Ruvil Hale, 43, Paintsville, 3 July 1990

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yesterday in Floyd County Dewey Lake they found a car in the lake. The car pulled has been said by locals it was a Ford Tempo. This is the same car Ruvil was believed to be in. He is missing from Paintsville. That’s about 25 minutes from Dewey Lake. Human remains found in car removed from lake
They just added the remains to NAMUS. I would hope they are comparing this UID to him. It seems silly to submit him because it seems so obvious, but stranger things have happened.

Yesterday in Floyd County Dewey Lake they found a car in the lake. The car pulled has been said by locals it was a Ford Tempo. This is the same car Ruvil was believed to be in. He is missing from Paintsville. That’s about 25 minutes from Dewey Lake. Human remains found in car removed from lake

I suppose if it turns out to be him, that would mean he did indeed take that car and manage to drive it away for awhile (?)
I hope they are able to identify the person they found. How sad that this happens.

According to Namus profile the UI was wearing size 38/32. Ruval was believed to be 208 and 6’1. My husband is the same size a few pounds off and he wears same size pants. Not much is known about the UI. He was in the water way too long. They did find eyeglass frames. Witnesses say the Ford Tempo driver was a gray haired man with glasses. I wish Namus would have added the vehicle they pulled. Right now it’s just rumor from our local community that it was a Ford Tempo. I think I’ll submit it just to be sure. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Vehicles are very difficult to hide. Does anyone know if the Tempo was found?

Check the posts above. We don’t know for sure, but it seems very likely that it has just been found—in the lake.
WOW. I apologize. I skipped right over that info. But in the end, I felt this was a water incident, so thank you!

I suppose if it turns out to be him, that would mean he did indeed take that car and manage to drive it away for awhile (?)
I hope they are able to identify the person they found. How sad that this happens.
Sorry all, I’m just getting to a reply.This is the map from The Paintsville Healthcare facility where Ruvil was last seen to Dewey Lake. C102BEC4-8B4F-4EA1-B625-BF27B495BB4F.jpgPaintsville ARH Hospital to Dewey Lake

I'm curious why the stolen Ford Tempo was left unlocked in the restaurant parking lot apparently either running or with keys inside, and how would RH have known to go out there to take that vehicle that specific day at that time?

What a coincidence o_O

IMO at least one other person had to be involved.
This very vulnerable man deserves justice. Wish they would take a fresh look at the case.
My speculations and opinions only.
It was Paintsville. Small Town eastern Kentucky. I lived in Easter Kentucky in the 80's and lots of people left the keys in the car. I had a student who stole cars for joy rides because people left the keys in them. Everyone knows everyone. My dad had an old car and we never took the keys out of it. Just hopped in and took off. Once at a party a classmate borrowed said car and did donuts in a yard and I got the blame!!

It was Paintsville. Small Town eastern Kentucky. I lived in Easter Kentucky in the 80's and lots of people left the keys in the car. I had a student who stole cars for joy rides because people left the keys in them. Everyone knows everyone. My dad had an old car and we never took the keys out of it. Just hopped in and took off. Once at a party a classmate borrowed said car and did donuts in a yard and I got the blame!!

Okay, wow! Thanks for the possible explanation regarding the keys being in the car.

Wow. I missed this update entirely. I’m so glad he’s most likely been found.

67E5D376-7B93-4434-8F39-30191C0F9FC4.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back