GUILTY KY - Ryan Poston, 29, murdered at his Highland Heights home, 12 Oct 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But 4 days after her conviction-she hasn't even been sentenced yet! Is this the fastest appeal ever?

:seeya: The :jail: is asking for a new trial, has not appealed -- yet.

Probably just standard procedure by the defense to file this request, IMO.

Oh, how I wish we could have watched this trial LIVE !

From the link posted above:

Shayna Hubers requests new trial

Such requests are not uncommon and generally lay the groundwork for an appeal of the conviction.

The motion by defense attorneys David Mejia and Rachael O. Neugent focuses on what Circuit Judge Fred A. Stine did or didn't allow entered into evidence, both during and prior to the trial.

Mejia and Neugent say the court did not allow them to present evidence and call witnesses needed to establish that Hubers shot her boyfriend, Ryan Poston, in self-defense the night of Oct. 12, 2012.

More at http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/local/northern-ky/2015/04/29/shayna-hubers-new-trial/26576015/

:seeya: The :jail: is asking for a new trial, has not appealed -- yet.

Probably just standard procedure by the defense to file this request, IMO.

Oh, how I wish we could have watched this trial LIVE !

From the link posted above:

Shayna Hubers requests new trial

Such requests are not uncommon and generally lay the groundwork for an appeal of the conviction.

The motion by defense attorneys David Mejia and Rachael O. Neugent focuses on what Circuit Judge Fred A. Stine did or didn't allow entered into evidence, both during and prior to the trial.

Mejia and Neugent say the court did not allow them to present evidence and call witnesses needed to establish that Hubers shot her boyfriend, Ryan Poston, in self-defense the night of Oct. 12, 2012.

More at http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/local/northern-ky/2015/04/29/shayna-hubers-new-trial/26576015/

Sure smacks of "Wha Wha, it's so unfair, I didn't get the outcome I wanted!!":crying::whine: Couldn't find the Whambulance smilie...

48 Hours was there for the trial and i'm sure we will see a show about this case in the near future.

I would love for Dateline to cover this one as well.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/campbell-county/newport/defense-may-request-re-trial-in-hubers-murder-case-staff-say

Hubers' defense also file a motion asking she be eligible for parole after only serving 20 percent of her sentence instead of the mandatory 85 percent under her current conviction.

The jury that found Hubers guilty of murder suggested she serve 20 years to life for her crime.

Judge Stine is scheduled to sentence Huber on June 2. Snodgrass has until May 11 to respond to the defense's parole request request.

Has anyone heard the results of these motions? New trial? 20% of her sentence? Wow! The DT doesn't ask for much, do they?

:bump:

the murderess is scheduled to be sentenced tuesday 6/2.....
wouldn't miss it for the world............

:rose: ryan

Came over here because I'm from Elsmere close to Highland Heights in Kentucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not followed this trial very closely so probably should not even comment but I am wondering what was presented that led the jury to recommend only 20 years. That seems an unusually light sentence for a brutal murder. I realize sentence has not yet been imposed but would like to figure out what the jury was thinking.

thank you so much for letting us know.......no mention of why the delay, maybe she wasn't ready for her closeup yet.........

poor ryan's family, i hope they were notified in time and didn't make the journey to the courthouse to no avail.........

i've made a note of the new date and will bump the thread when the time comes, we can't miss the sentencing of the "nose-job giver", now can we? :mad:

:rose: ryan, the sentence is on the way
:rose: strength to those that love him

That article about delayed sentencing claims the jury recommended 40 years. That's a lot better than 20 and I could live with her getting 40 years if need be.

And no 20% of sentence that her lawyers are asking for...I want her to do at a bare minimum the 85% that the law requires; longer, if there is any way that can happen.

Watching her dance now.

:seeya: 20/20 Show on right now on ABC.

well dang i've missed almost all of it :cursing:

if someone finds a link to it later, will you please post it here?
i will do the same, i'll look for it too......i'd like to see it......

thanks dgc i was just too slow :D

Fingers crossed that sentencing finally happens tomorrow. I hope the judge does not go easy on Hubers because she's young and pretty. Physical attributes should never be a consideration but too often it is. I think it flies in the face of justice and sends a message that if you are young enough and cute enough, the rules don't apply to you.

Shayna Hubers seeking early parole date

NEWPORT – Shayna Hubers, who was convicted of killing her boyfriend, could be eligible for parole after less than six years, if a judge rules that she was a victim of domestic violence.

Testimony is expected to begin Monday in Campbell County Circuit Court about whether Hubers was a victim of domestic violence or abuse during her year-long relationship with lawyer Ryan Poston.

(snip)
If Hubers is found to be a victim of domestic violence, her attorneys argue in court documents, under Kentucky law she won't be designated as a "violent offender." Her first parole hearing would then happen after serving only 20 percent of her sentence, instead of 85 percent.

If she is sentenced to 40 years in prison, as the jury recommended, she would be considered for parole after being incarcerated for eight years.

Hubers, 24, has been held at the Campbell County Detention Center since the night of the shooting. With credit for time already served, she would be eligible for parole after serving another 5 1/2 years in prison.

Judge Fred A. Stine will sentence Hubers Wednesday, according to court documents.

(snip)
There is no guarantee the parole board would release Hubers early.

(more at link)

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/06/12/shayna-hubers-parole/71139556/

see you in the morning :seeya: hoping for a reporter that's a good tweeter!

:rose: justice for ryan

Shayna Hubers seeking early parole date

NEWPORT – Shayna Hubers, who was convicted of killing her boyfriend, could be eligible for parole after less than six years, if a judge rules that she was a victim of domestic violence.

Testimony is expected to begin Monday in Campbell County Circuit Court about whether Hubers was a victim of domestic violence or abuse during her year-long relationship with lawyer Ryan Poston.

(snip)
If Hubers is found to be a victim of domestic violence, her attorneys argue in court documents, under Kentucky law she won't be designated as a "violent offender." Her first parole hearing would then happen after serving only 20 percent of her sentence, instead of 85 percent.

If she is sentenced to 40 years in prison, as the jury recommended, she would be considered for parole after being incarcerated for eight years.

Hubers, 24, has been held at the Campbell County Detention Center since the night of the shooting. With credit for time already served, she would be eligible for parole after serving another 5 1/2 years in prison.

Judge Fred A. Stine will sentence Hubers Wednesday, according to court documents.

(snip)
There is no guarantee the parole board would release Hubers early.

(more at link)

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/06/12/shayna-hubers-parole/71139556/

see you in the morning :seeya: hoping for a reporter that's a good tweeter!

:rose: justice for ryan

:bump:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member