Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...snip...

That looks like it's made out of sheet metal.
It doesn't even really look like a "tool box" that you'd put in the bed of your truck.
It's longer, as long as the bed of the truck not as wide as the bed of the truck.
I think it's 5 feet, pretty sure that's a short bed truck.
Though it did have hinges and handles on it, so maybe it was an actual tool box.
Just haven't seen anything like that before...

Would think a coffin shaped sheet metal box would have stood out immediately during a search and warranted a further search warrant!

No, it's not just you. I don't understand either. I mean you wouldn't THINK anyone would be that stupid.... but you would still check because it looks like a coffin!

I don't think the circumference of a well would allow that, but it's possible. There also doesn't appear to be any dents or even scuff marks in the steel at all.

However I think it would have taken LE longer to recover if it had been thrown down a well. This was FAST, under an hour - I believe 45 minutes from "the search has started" to "loaded into truck".

They went in, went to it and brought it out. They knew what they were looking for and exactly where it was.

It's like she was just laying in the garage. It's unreal and unnerving and unsettling and just WRONG.

They weren't there long enough for her to have been buried and that steel was shiny, not dirty.

They would have transported her in a regular body bag. But we wouldn't have seen it because they would have loaded her into the coroner's vehicle out of sight. Because she's in another container they aren't going to disturb evidence to move her out of it.

Then again, they aren't wearing gloves, maybe they dusted for prints first. It's two male cops and a female loading it. Definitely sheet metal, it's not that heavy, they aren't struggling with it. Not sure if she is an officer or a searcher or what...

Twitter

So is the property his property, or another suspects property?

Im catching up from midnight last night and perhaps this has been mentioned already... The metal box might be storing the box in which the remains were found. In other words, a box within a box for transporting so that the original box was safely secured and all soil particles on and around the box were secured. MOO

If anyone hasn’t seen the video from her aunt on the missing Savannah fbook page I highly recommend it.

Tough to watch, but a good reminder what these poor families go through!

I’m not sure we are allowed to link it here, but “just go watch it” and make sure you are sitting down when you do!

Truly heartbreaking
Yes, we are allowed to link to this (below) since it is from the admin of the official missing page. It truly is a beautiful statement from her aunt. My heart is with Savannah's family and friends, and I am grateful to whomever provided the tip that led them to Savannah.

Missing Savannah

#SavannahStrong

Last edited by a moderator:
So am I right in saying she was found buried in the back garden, outside, and not in the barn? But as everyone said it was freezing so surely the ground was frozen and made it difficult plus would it not have been noticeable that the ground had been disturbed ?it's just so sad, there all along! He must be a special kind of monster to have been able to walk by her every day!!! Rip savannah.

in the press conference he said "behind the residence" and that's all we know I guess
I haven't seen any digging or tents outside which you would expect if the body were buried outside

Yes, we are allowed to link to this (below) since it is from the admin of the official missing page. It truly is a beautiful statement from her aunt. My heart is with Savannah's family and friends, and I am grateful to whomever provided the tip that led them to Savannah.

#SavannahStrong

Hi NervousNellie
Please add the link for the official missing page to your post. TIA

I am sure there was a smell he reported at some point and he just wanted to believe his son and decided to clear his conscience. He did a goood thing.

That's my belief that it was nagging at him, but I think the smell happened much earlier like months ago.

I think it was brought about in a much more in depth conversation with the attorney

As in...... I'm starting to think my son may have been involved with SS disappearance...Why to you think that Mr. Sparks? Well there was an awful smell at one point and I am starting to think it may have been from human remains

JMO

Last edited:
LEX 18 News‏Verified account @LEX18News
Investigators officially started their search around 11:30 p.m. after getting a search warrant.

8:33 PM - 10 Jul 2019 pst

Chad K. Mills‏Verified account @ChadKMills
Right now, investigators seem focused on a garage or out-building. Seems they’re photographing something inside. @WDRBNews

D_KfDmuW4AI5DM7.jpg

8:17 PM - 10 Jul 2019 pst

Chad K. Mills‏Verified account @ChadKMills
Just moments ago, a collection of FBI agents and others loaded the long metal crate into the back of a truck, which has since left the scene. Video courtesy @PhotogZachWDRB. @WDRBNews

9:11 PM - 10 Jul 2019 pst

RECOVERY OF SAVANNAH

Wed night, I worked to update what was happening at the scene via real time tweets by reporters on the scene, where remains later identified as Savannah's were collected.

From the tweets, we knew lights were on inside the residence, and that the exterior property and garden was also illuminated-- by lighting supplied by investigators.

To my knowledge, there was no tent or canopy erected on the property, or at least none visible. Just the opposite -- it appeared that investigators were focused on the interior of a garage or building.

Not long after the search started, FBI agents and others loaded a metal crate into a truck, and left the scene.

I don't believe it was ever confirmed whether or not the crate contained exhumed remains.

Actually, not until a Trooper made a late night live stream video statement that human remains were located, was it confirmed that they were exhumed OUTSIDE.

No details about the burial site or grave provided, and there was no confirmation by investigators of any suspicious, foul odor.

MOO

Last edited:
To me it looked like a tent was erected outside near the shed/garage type structure. There was helicopter footage from WKYT.

Unfortunately now all the articles have been updated and I can’t seem to find that aerial footage.

Seems they found her extremely fast which leaves me wondering if she was buried, how did they exhume the body so quickly? From the time they got the search warrant to leaving the house was a little over an hour.

News crews on the scene noted they seemed to be focused on the garage type structure.

Twitter

I still find it so hard to believe she was actually buried. I could believe she was underground, yes. Under floor boards, sure. In a cellar or in a crawlspace absolutely. But buried in the dirt? I just don't see how that's possible. They simply don't excavate a burial site in an hour. :confused:

Kentucky State Police identify human remains as Savannah Spurlock

David Sparks, 23, was arrested and booked into the Madison County Detention Center Thursday morning. He is charged with abuse of a corpse and tampering with physical evidence.

Sparks appeared in Garrard District Court Thursday afternoon, where a not guilty plea was entered on his behalf. Sparks also was appointed a public defender. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for 9 a.m. Monday. After his court appearance, authorities placed him in the Lincoln County Regional Jail.

Sparks' arrest citation states he lives on the Fall Lick Road property where the remains were found. Perkins Lane was blocked at the Fall Lick Road intersection during the search.

Authorities received a tip around 5 p.m. Sparks' arrest citation says a man called his attorney around that time to report a foul odor coming from his property. Troopers said that information, in addition to the fact that Sparks "is the primary suspect in a missing persons investigation," led investigators to search the property.

• Police confirmed on Thursday that remains found buried on a rural Kentucky property belonged to 23-year-old Savannah Spurlock
  • The mother-of-four was last seen alive leaving a bar with three men on January 4
  • One of those men, 23-year-old David Sparks, has since been charged with abuse of a corpse and tampering with physical evidence
  • The remains were uncovered late Wednesday on the property where he lives with his parents after police received a tip about a foul odor
  • Investigators are working to find out when Spurlock's body was buried but confirmed it was likely she had not been placed there recently
  • They can't yet explain how they didn't find her body when they first searched the home after she vanished six months ago

Strong odor led police to Savannah Spurlock's remains in Kentucky | Daily Mail Online

Missing Savannah

#SavannahStrong

A very thoughtful and beautiful statement. Savannah's family finally has the answer they need, not the answer the wanted.

I know her little boys will get to 'know' and remember' their beautiful mother going forward through her family and loved ones. RIP Savannah, justice cometh.

• Police confirmed on Thursday that remains found buried on a rural Kentucky property belonged to 23-year-old Savannah Spurlock
  • The mother-of-four was last seen alive leaving a bar with three men on January 4
  • One of those men, 23-year-old David Sparks, has since been charged with abuse of a corpse and tampering with physical evidence
  • The remains were uncovered late Wednesday on the property where he lives with his parents after police received a tip about a foul odor
  • Investigators are working to find out when Spurlock's body was buried but confirmed it was likely she had not been placed there recently
  • They can't yet explain how they didn't find her body when they first searched the home after she vanished six months ago
Strong odor led police to Savannah Spurlock's remains in Kentucky | Daily Mail Online
So he moved back home? I thought he did not live at home on the night she disappeared? I wonder if the full story will come out?

It was noted early on that he had moved back home sometime before the second search on Price Court

Jmo
I wonder what triggered this call? They must have known he would be arrested IMO? I do not believe there was a smell prompting the call - more like a smell in March based on weather and arrival of spring JMO

I wonder what triggered this call? They must have known he would be arrested IMO? I do not believe there was a smell prompting the call - more like a smell in March based on weather and arrival of spring JMO

I guess if she was in some sort of out building or shed it could be a place the family never really needed to go in often and perhaps they went in there and noticed it,I guess if it was indoors the smell wouldn't go away either so would still be lingering. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member