Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't think garbage bags would be that protective. I've put my garbage in four garbage bags and cats still get in the garbage at times. Also liquid leaks out of multiple garbage bags. I'm thinking she was moved from somewhere that was keeping her very cold. If she was there since Jan 4th, I see no way the odor would not have been detected. Also how do you search and even if lumber was on top of this grave, not find her and see the bags sticking out of the ground. Can't believe she was there when they searched or for over six months. It's impossible for me to believe this would be the case.

This is what I'm saying. It wasn't until his own family tipped them off. That's pretty sad.

I read that DS went to his parents' home twice on January 4th and once on January 5th. In addition, blood--not visible to the naked eye--was found on the inside of DS's bedroom closet door using luminol in April.

This is sheer speculation; however, I think that SS was lured to DS's home with the promise of drugs. Perhaps, they did use drugs once at his rental home, and he then made a pass at her.

SS couldn't have conventional sex at this point due to just having the twins. Maybe, she rebuffed him, or told him that she couldn't; and he got mad. Something happened to enrage him enough to kill her.

He murdered her in the bedroom of his rental home. Blood spatter went everywhere. She landed on his gray rug. He cleaned up the mess, to include the blood on the closet door.

DS then taped up SS, put her in trash bags and transported her body to his parents' home in the country. He buried her there and disposed of the bloody gray rug. I read that the gray rug was found "next" to her body.

I think that he took her there right away on the 4th and that she has been there all along.

DS's texts show that he asked his sister on January 5th where she bought the gray rug because he wanted to get another one like it. He went to Walmart and bought another one just like it. I think that police know this because they got subpoenas for cell phone records.

That's why they also went back to the house and used luminol on the closet. The (new) gray rug was between the bed and closet. So, they figured that the other gray rug had to have had blood on it and perhaps the closet door did, too. It was a matter of finding the body, which they eventually did.

I don't know how well DS knows the other two guys, but I am inclined to think that DS committed this crime on his own. He probably told nobody else about it.

Last edited:
Does DS live with his parents or in a separate residence?

During January when she disappeared, he was living in his own rented home, in a subdivision in town (Lancaster). That is the home where she went with the three men, on Jan 4th. IIRC, a GC Leo spotted DS's truck, that LE was looking for. The LEO who pulled him over followed him to Madison to be interviewed, on Jan. 8th. That's a couple three days head start, before anyone knew that the three were connected to SS, at all.

LE should be held responsible too for faults. Detectives didnt spot the blood in the closet in their prior search.

It's kind of a big deal to look over things like this all while a body was in the backyard. We are talking paid professionals here.

It is odd how they missed it I agree. I see it as they weren't doing a thorough search but would have if the body was found.

As far as I gather, the group went to Sparkes rental, Savannah went in (seen on cctv I believe) but she wasn't seen coming out. That happened later. He kept her body at his rental.

After the search or second I should say, at his parents place, Sparkes decided to give up his rental and move back home with his parents. This was February/ March time. His brother helped him move. So, it would be at that time that Savannah was buried on the parents property. LE had done a search , found nothing at all so Sparkes thought body would be safe.

The smell wasn't apparent for some time after due to her body wrapped in garbage bags and a rug.

I also don't think she was out in the back yard. There's a photo somewhere on here showing LE entering the garage then opening a white inner door. Seems she was inside in the container we saw.

Hope this helps you a little.

It is odd how they missed it I agree. I see it as they weren't doing a thorough search but would have if the body was found.

As far as I gather, the group went to Sparkes rental, Savannah went in (seen on cctv I believe) but she wasn't seen coming out. That happened later. He kept her body at his rental.

After the search or second I should say, at his parents place, Sparkes decided to give up his rental and move back home with his parents. This was February/ March time. His brother helped him move. So, it would be at that time that Savannah was buried on the parents property. LE had done a search , found nothing at all so Sparkes thought body would be safe.

The smell wasn't apparent for some time after due to her body wrapped in garbage bags and a rug.

I also don't think she was out in the back yard. There's a photo somewhere on here showing LE entering the garage then opening a white inner door. Seems she was inside in the container we saw.

I think we can officially conclude that the metal container belonged to the ME. There was a lot of back and forth about that.

That’s how crimes are solved.

Witnesses cooperate; someone reports something suspicious.

In a lot of cases, it’s a team effort.

In this case, I don't think his sister was suspicious but they noticed that he had texted her in that time frame to ask about the rug. Detectives would have asked what the follow-up conversation was (and tried to find the two rugs at his apartment). She doubt she had any idea that the question of where she bought the rug had any significance.

This tidbit can easily remind all of us that LE is, indeed, working as a team as they put little bits of information together to create the story of how the crime occurred.

EDITED: not a phone conversation but a text message retrieved by LE.

Last edited:

BBM
I don't see how they'd have missed her twice then. They were all over that little street and his rental home. Tiny little dead end street with neighbors side by side. The lots are small. He had to have taken her somewhere off Price, before LE got there to search, after the 8th. Most of those homes on that street run around 1,000 squ. ft. and on lots about a .10 of an acre, so folks homes are pretty close to one another. I've a feeling he moved her at least once before putting her at his parent's home. I also think he may have had help.

We haven’t heard specifics, but the arrest warrant referred to items “last known to be in the control” of SS and Sparks. That sounds like her purse and clothes? I wondered why they phrased it that way, but perhaps because they believe the other two when they said they left, and she was at the house alone with Sparks?

Sparks would have had control of the grey rug, the tape, and trash bags, which LE knew to be in his possession in his apartment.

Savannah was found naked so I am not sure what items would have been found that were in her control.

David Sparks, 23, was charged with abuse of a corpse and evidence tampering after Spurlock’s body was discovered just before midnight Wednesday on his parents’ property on Fall Lick Road, according to police and court records. Sparks was living with his parents by the time she was found, Chavies said.

[...]

Sparks’ father had his attorney contact police after he smelled something on the property, Chavies said during Monday’s hearing in Garrard County.

Police had searched the Fall Lick Road property at least once previously, state police said Thursday.

Spurlock’s body was buried in a grave that was 19 inches deep at its deepest point, Chavies testified Monday.

[...]

Sparks had previously told police that Spurlock went with him and two other men to his home at the time on Price Court in Lancaster in the early morning hours of Jan. 4, Chavies testified. Sparks said that the other two men left the home and Spurlock slept in Sparks’ bed while he slept on the couch, Chavies said.

[...]

During one of the early searches of Sparks’ home on Price Court on Jan. 10, detectives found a gray rug similar in dimension and color to the one that was found with Spurlock’s body.

[...]

During an April 2 search of the Price Court house, investigators found a bloodstain consistent with Spurlock’s DNA just inside the door of the bedroom closet, Chavies said. The blood was not visible and had to be found using a latent blood reagent, Chavies testified. Detectives did not see it during their first search of the Price Court home.

[...]

Chavies testified that Sparks had visited his parents’ home on Fall Lick Road — where Spurlock’s remains were eventually found — on the evening of Jan. 4 for about two hours. That was less than a day after Spurlock was last seen. Sparks returned to the Fall Lick Road in the early morning hours of Jan. 5.

bbm

https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article232677437.html

I believe SS body was at the Fall Lick Road residence within hours of her death.

I believe DS probably prepared the burial or concealment area on Jan 4, and deposited SS in the ground during the early morning hours of Jan 5.

MOO

David Sparks, 23, was charged with abuse of a corpse and evidence tampering after Spurlock’s body was discovered just before midnight Wednesday on his parents’ property on Fall Lick Road, according to police and court records. Sparks was living with his parents by the time she was found, Chavies said.

[...]

Sparks’ father had his attorney contact police after he smelled something on the property, Chavies said during Monday’s hearing in Garrard County.

Police had searched the Fall Lick Road property at least once previously, state police said Thursday.

Spurlock’s body was buried in a grave that was 19 inches deep at its deepest point, Chavies testified Monday.

[...]

Sparks had previously told police that Spurlock went with him and two other men to his home at the time on Price Court in Lancaster in the early morning hours of Jan. 4, Chavies testified. Sparks said that the other two men left the home and Spurlock slept in Sparks’ bed while he slept on the couch, Chavies said.

[...]

During one of the early searches of Sparks’ home on Price Court on Jan. 10, detectives found a gray rug similar in dimension and color to the one that was found with Spurlock’s body.

[...]

During an April 2 search of the Price Court house, investigators found a bloodstain consistent with Spurlock’s DNA just inside the door of the bedroom closet, Chavies said. The blood was not visible and had to be found using a latent blood reagent, Chavies testified. Detectives did not see it during their first search of the Price Court home.

[...]

Chavies testified that Sparks had visited his parents’ home on Fall Lick Road — where Spurlock’s remains were eventually found — on the evening of Jan. 4 for about two hours. That was less than a day after Spurlock was last seen. Sparks returned to the Fall Lick Road in the early morning hours of Jan. 5.

bbm

I believe SS body was at the Fall Lick Road residence within hours of her death.

I believe DS probably prepared the burial or concealment area on Jan 4, and deposited SS in the ground during the early morning hours of Jan 5.

MOO
So was she killed within hours of the FaceTime call to her mom??

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

bbm

MOO

That’s almost certainly what happened imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members