Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’m guessing the other two guys lived further away - if they had lived in/near Lexington they could have given her a ride back to her car. And they must not have lived near Richmond - they could have dropped her off at her moms house. I’m trying to remember why she took her mother’s car.

There’s a investigation discovery episode on Savannah that I watched last week. I think in that episode, her aunt talks about how Savannah’s friend came to her house. They decided they both wanted to go out and her mom let them use her car. I’m not even sure if Savannah had her own car. Her mom didn’t realize they were going to be out all night. The two of them drove to a male friends house in Lexington. The three of them took his car to the bar.

There’s a investigation discovery episode on Savannah that I watched last week. I think in that episode, her aunt talks about how Savannah’s friend came to her house. They decided they both wanted to go out and her mom let them use her car. I’m not even sure if Savannah had her own car. Her mom didn’t realize they were going to be out all night. The two of them drove to a male friends house in Lexington. The three of them took his car to the bar.
The 1st time I read your comment I was thrown off a sec and thought you meant the last 2 sentences were after they left the bar but realized I am reading to much :cool:

I will never understand why people who commit violent murders like this think "hey, I'll bury the body on my own property, that'll throw the cops off for sure!" If you are the last individual to have been seen with a missing person, then you are the initial focus of an investigation. Period. That's how it works.

So many cases of victims being buried within walking distance of perp's property or outright on it. So not only are they vile, evil vermin but also lazy or plan stupid - probably both.

RIP SS - God Bless your family and your little one who now has to grow up without a mother because of what this asshat did.
It’s written over and over that perps seldom leave their comfort zones.

True, and very often it seems they don't put much thought into what to do after the crime. It always seems to be a panicked attempt to cover up afterwards, regardless of whether or not it was planned. Imo

My go to is looking for a place the killer played or lived near as a child or teen , it never seems to fail unless its a traveling killer like Sam Little

My heart goes out to Savannah’s family and especially those four little kids of hers. I’m sure no one in her family ever thought something like what has occurred would ever happen. I’m so glad that LE kept on looking at the three guys she was last seen with and finally Karma caught up with one of them so far. JMOO

I am sorry I misunderstood something- I thought that when she Facetimed her Mom she had said she was going to a party or something and would see her Mom soon or in the early am- I thought Savannah knew she was going to one of the guys houses but didn't know how far away the house was and if she did she would not have agreed to travel that distance.

IIRC, her phone pinged on the Jessamine/Fayette line. I think since, there were three men, and two vehicles, then she wasn't relying on DS to be the one to take her back to Lex to get Mom's car, or to get to Richmond, in the a.m.

It's Lexington too. There are bus routes, unless they've gone up, for around a $1.00, and there are night and weekend routes. There's cabs, Ubers and Lyfts, too. She also had her phone at that point. I wonder if she ever tried to call, any of the friends she went to the bar with, to come back to get her?

If she and her friend got into such a disagreement, that they left the bar without her, would SS have even wanted to have gone to stay the night there? She also, already had a DUI, and court coming up, would she have wanted to have taken another chance, in getting into Mom's vehicle, and driven it to Richmond, after drinking, and it after 2:00 a.m.? Maybe, since at least one of the men was said to have been from Richmond, they told her they'd take her home the next morning, when they went home, so she went with them.

Savannah Spurlock's father says 'justice has been served' after person of interest arrested

EXCLUSIVE – The father of missing Kentucky mom Savannah Spurlock said Thursday that "justice has been served" after authorities discovered human remains at a home believed to be the 23-year-old's last known location and a person of interest was arrested.

David Sparks, one of the last people believed to be with Spurlock, was taken into custody just before 2 a.m. Thursday and charged with tampering with physical evidence and abuse of a corpse. He was booked into a jail in Madison County.

Cecil Spurlock, 52, told Fox News in an exclusive interview on Thursday he "begged God" to bring the search for his missing daughter to an end

[...]

"That’s my new job in life, to make sure those boys are happy and taken care of," he said. "That’s my job."

He said he is also praying for Sparks' parents.

"Out of everything I’ve heard they’re good people and I feel bad for them," he said. "I know this is a hard time for them."
This may not be a well received comment but I agree with Mr. Spurlock. It must have been incredibly hard to realize your son was involved in a murder and to come to the realization he buried her on YOUR property. Devastating, and I do not mean to take anything from the Spurlock's because that kind of devastation, loosing a child, is incomparable and there are just no words to take that pain away.

I think a freezer may have been used at some point also. I still find it strange that they just started smelling something, especially since it sounds like she was buried pretty shallow and not deep. We’ve had hot, summer weather for a couple months up to this point. The video I’m including is from WHAS11. They mention towards the end that the dad’s church was also searched and also mention a deep freezer at the church.

Hey Julia, fellow KY girl here. I don't think it's been as hot here as it has in the past summers, it waited a little later to get stifling. We've also had a lot of rain this year, if she was buried in a shaded area do you think it's possible that slowed the decomposition? I do agree it was extremely shallow and odd they didn't notice or smell something earlier. There has to be more to this to explain how they missed her in the earlier search. The ground was frozen solid when she was buried and likely did not grow back quickly.

Hey Julia, fellow KY girl here. I don't think it's been as hot here as it has in the past summers, it waited a little later to get stifling. We've also had a lot of rain this year, if she was buried in a shaded area do you think it's possible that slowed the decomposition? I do agree it was extremely shallow and odd they didn't notice or smell something earlier. There has to be more to this to explain how they missed her in the earlier search. The ground was frozen solid when she was buried and likely did not grow back quickly.
I think the combination of being wrapped in several plastic bags and being under ground all winter definitely hindered decomposition. As soon as the ground got warmer, decomposition would have resumed and that's what would have caused the terrible smell.
When the dogs were there, the ground was likely frozen making it more difficult to detect an odor. Imo

I think the combination of being wrapped in several plastic bags and being under ground all winter definitely hindered decomposition. As soon as the ground got warmer, decomposition would have resumed and that's what would have caused the terrible smell.
When the dogs were there, the ground was likely frozen making it more difficult to detect an odor. Imo

I will say this though, it’s highly likely that there had been a horrible smell for quite some time before authorities were notified.

While it’s true that we had a colder than normal spring this yr soil temperatures have still been warm for quite some time.

70 degrees at 20” soil depth since June 1

Jmo

It's not been that hot in and around this part, of the region, GC included, until, just the past couple weeks or so. We didn't really have a warming from Winter to Summer. Spring was cool and wet. It was like, when summer arrived, it just HIT all at once. Humidity and temp combined had us nearing, or at 100 degrees during the period leading up to when she was found. It was stifling.

I will say this though, it’s highly likely that there had been a horrible smell for quite some time before authorities were notified.

While it’s true that we had a colder than normal spring this yr soil temperatures have still been warm for quite some time.

70 degrees at 20” soil depth since June 1

Jmo
Yeah, I would think it was gradual and then came on really strong. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads