GUILTY KY - Serenity Ann McKinney, 4, found deceased, mom & bf refusing to cooperate, Shelby Co, 24 Dec 2020 *Arrests, 1 guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FEB 9, 2022
Mother, boyfriend arrested as Kentucky 4-year-old still missing (wlky.com)
[...]

"We just want to get Serenity's information, her picture out there so maybe people can come forward on where she is," said DI, who is planning a prayer vigil this weekend.

[...]

"We last saw her Christmas of 2020 at the family Christmas. We spoke to her on the phone Father's Day week in June of 2021, but that was the last contact," said AW, the stepmother of Catherine. "We want to know that she's safe, yes, that's our main priority at this point."

They say after not hearing from her for months and child protective services getting involved, they had to file a missing persons report. That resulted in the Kentucky Attorney General's Office getting involved.

"It just got to the point where we couldn't wait no longer, we needed to know that she was okay," AW said.

[...]

Serenity's mother and her boyfriend are expected to be extradited back to Shelby County within the next several days.

Word is spreading! Ordinarily, I hear about missing kids here first, then search for articles later, but in this case, an article popped up about Serenity on Google first (despite not being at all local to me) and then I came here to see if there was already a thread.

As per usual it seems,, I have a terrible feeling about this one.

Super curious to know what made this all finally unfold this week;
Did something happen or was something specifically said? Or did family just finally get fed up with the lack of communication and excuses?

Mom of 4-year-old missing in Kentucky since 2020 is arrested in Kansas, officials say

Partial article (go on page to review entire content)

Mike Stunson
Tue, February 8, 2022, 2:21 PM

The mother of Serenity Ann McKinney, a 4-year-old Kentucky girl who was last seen more than a year ago, was arrested in Kansas, officials say.

Catherine McKinney, along with her boyfriend Dakota Hill, were jailed on Sunday, Feb. 6, according to the Thomas County Sheriff’s Office. Jail records show they were arrested on warrants.

The Shelby County Sheriff’s Office in Kentucky said they face custodial interference charges and will be transferred to Kentucky.

A missing persons poster shared last week by Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron says Serenity’s parents were refusing to cooperate with officers..........

New information released reveals that the state has lawful custody of Serenity, meaning Abby McKinney did not have legal custody of her daughter and failed to turn her over or provide her location.
I don't believe it was that Abby didn't originally have legal custody. When Abby and Serenity were reported missing LE found the mother but not Serenity. Abby and her boyfriend refused to co-operative. I believe a warrant was then issued for custodial interference.

I don't believe it was that Abby didn't originally have legal custody. When Abby and Serenity were reported missing LE found the mother but not Serenity. Abby and her boyfriend refused to co-operative. I believe a warrant was then issued for custodial interference.

I was quoting from this link. I think you're correction is correct ;)

What is custodial interference? Kentucky state law definitions | whas11.com

New information released reveals that the state has lawful custody of Serenity, meaning Abby McKinney did not have legal custody of her daughter and failed to turn her over or provide her location.

At the time of their arrest, the state of Kentucky had taken on emergency custody of Serenity. According to the Shelby County Sheriff's Office, the two were charged because they did not relinquish custody.

LE has a LOT of gaps to fill in this timeline...

FEB 9, 2022
Timeline for Serenity McKinney, Kentucky missing child case | whas11.com
[...]

Dec. 24, 2020 - Last time Serenity was seen
Christmas Eve was the last time Serenity's extended family members in Shelbyville, Kentucky said they saw the child. After that, they were in communication with Serenity and her mother, Catherine "Abby" McKinney, until June of 2021, which was the last time they spoke over the phone.

In the fall of 2021, family members said Abby McKinney cut off all communication with her extended family.

Jan. 31, 2022 - Police report filed
After Abby McKinney stopped returning her family's phone calls, her mother and stepfather contacted law enforcement in Shelby County to file a missing person report on both Abby and Serenity on Jan. 31.

[...]

Meanwhile, the Shelby County Sheriff's Office executed warrants in Shelby, Bullitt and Jefferson County, where they believe Abby had lived.

Feb. 3, 2022 - AG announces investigation
[...]

... the Attorney General's Special Victims Unit was partnering with the Shelby and Bullitt County Sheriff's Departments, Kentucky State Police, and the U.S. Secret Service to investigate the case.

Shelby County Sheriff's Captain Kyle Tipton said the state was granted emergency legal custody of Serenity on Feb. 3.

Feb. 6, 2022 - Abby McKinney, boyfriend arrested in Kansas
On Sunday, Feb. 6, law enforcement officials found and served Abby in Kansas, instructing her to relinquish custody of Serenity, according to Capt. Tipton. When she failed to do so, Abby and her boyfriend, Dakota Hill, were arrested and charged with custodial interference.

When asked where Serenity was, Abby invoked her 5th amendment right not to speak with law enforcement, according to Capt. Tipton.

[...]

So the custodial inference charges stem from the State being granted emergency legal custody, do I understand that correctly?

I'm glad the State AG's Office is involved, I hope they take a look at CPS and how they handled the welfare checks requested by the family :mad:

Finally, Abby invoking her 5th amendment right (ala~Lori Vallow) tells me all I need to know. Whether she was in a DV situation or not, she was solely in charge of and responsible for the safety of Serenity. Sorry - not sorry, I'm tired of Mom's not protecting their children.

Catherine "Abby" McKinney and her boyfriend Dakota Hill lived with Keahna Paige Green and her boyfriend from July 2021 to September 2021, but McKinney's daughter Serenity wasn't with them, Green told The Sun.
[snip]

"When they came in, I saw she had two black eyes and a swollen face. I thought he did something to her, but she was adament that Dakota didn't do anything," Green said.

Green's suspicion of Dakota grew.
[snip]

She also said anytime she spoke to McKinney alone, Dakota followed them and asked what they were talking about.

"Things weren't adding up," Green said. "If we were in the kitchen, he would come in to check up on her on. She couldn't do anything alone."

Then one day in September 2021, right before they moved out, Hill "screamed and cursed" at McKinney, Green said.

"I don't think he realized I was home, but it shook me to my core," she said. "He was so mean and said horrible things to her. But then he went back to this mild-mannered, polite man.

"But it was all a facade. He put on this sweet guy act and never said it was his fault or he was having a bad day."

Green and her boyfriend kicked them after that blowout, she said.
Mom of missing girl, 4, seen with horror bruise after daughter vanished
Welp doesn't Dakota just sound like prince charming o_O

Catherine "Abby" McKinney and her boyfriend Dakota Hill lived with Keahna Paige Green and her boyfriend from July 2021 to September 2021, but McKinney's daughter Serenity wasn't with them, Green told The Sun.
[snip]

"When they came in, I saw she had two black eyes and a swollen face. I thought he did something to her, but she was adament that Dakota didn't do anything," Green said.

Green's suspicion of Dakota grew.
[snip]

She also said anytime she spoke to McKinney alone, Dakota followed them and asked what they were talking about.

"Things weren't adding up," Green said. "If we were in the kitchen, he would come in to check up on her on. She couldn't do anything alone."

Then one day in September 2021, right before they moved out, Hill "screamed and cursed" at McKinney, Green said.

"I don't think he realized I was home, but it shook me to my core," she said. "He was so mean and said horrible things to her. But then he went back to this mild-mannered, polite man.

"But it was all a facade. He put on this sweet guy act and never said it was his fault or he was having a bad day."

Green and her boyfriend kicked them after that blowout, she said.
Welp doesn't Dakota just sound like prince charming o_O
Oh God. What have they done with this child?

@tlcya He's a real peach! I haven't read anything ( even in SM) from his family. Anyone?
There is a page where his family was commenting, but I can't bring that here.
  • Catherine "Abby" McKinney and her boyfriend Dakota Hill lived with Keahna Paige Green and her boyfriend from July 2021 to September 2021, but McKinney's daughter Serenity wasn't with them, Green told The Sun.
  • "When they came in (July 2021), I saw she had two black eyes and a swollen face. I thought he did something to her, but she was adament that Dakota didn't do anything," Green said.
  • "We last saw her Christmas of 2020 at the family Christmas. We spoke to her on the phone Father's Day week in June of 2021 (June 20th), but that was the last contact," said Aundria Wainscott, the stepmother of Catherine. "We want to know that she's safe, yes, that's our main priority at this point."
Mother, boyfriend arrested as Kentucky 4-year-old still missing

Keahna does not give an exact date in July when the two moved in. But sometime between June 20th, 2021 and July XX, 2021 - IMO Serenity died. What happened and what did they do with her body?

ETA - I'm correcting this post. AW doesn’t say they talked to Serenity on June 20th, maybe just Abby. So the timeline is December 20th?, 2020 to July xx, 2021. Has anyone else came forward to say they saw Serenity after December 2020?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back