GUILTY KY - Serenity Ann McKinney, 4, found deceased, mom & bf refusing to cooperate, Shelby Co, 24 Dec 2020 *Arrests, 1 guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
APR 14, 2023
[...]

As part of the plea deal, commonwealth attorneys removed the murder charge to secure McKinney's testimony against Hill.

Hill is the one responsible for Serenity's death, according to McKinney, adding that she and her daughter were victims of his alleged abuse.

McKinney is set to appear in court again on April 26 for sentencing. Hill's trial is expected to begin in June.

Mother of Kentucky 4-year-old found dead in 2022 accepts plea deal​

Mother accused of killing 4-year-old Kentucky girl pleads guilty to lesser manslaughter charge​

I have a hard time dredging up any sympathy for her. It seems she only negotiated a plea to save her own skin, but I guess twelve years is better than nothing - which I've seen in other cases similar to this.

Look forward to Dakota Hill's trial!!!

Under the terms of her plea deal, McKinney agreed to plead guilty to manslaughter in exchange for a 12-year prison sentence. The mother’s plea deal calls for her to testify against Hill.

Hill’s murder trial is scheduled for June.

A man charged with the murder of his girlfriend's toddler has taken a plea deal.

On Wednesday morning, in a Bullitt County courtroom, Dakota Hill pled guilty to murder, abuse of a corpse and tampering charges for the death of 4-year-old Serenity McKinney.

He'll serve 50 years without the possibility of parole. His formal sentencing is in July.
Man takes plea deal in murder of his girlfriend's 4-year-old daughter

MAY 31, 2023
"While nothing can atone for the crime that was committed, we think 50 years is a just resolution of this case," Bullitt County Commonwealth's Attorney Bailey Taylor said.

"I know I'm accepting the 50 years. Is that justice? Like I said, nothing will ever be justice," Roller said. "They could sentence him to 100 years it will never be enough."

At Catherine's sentencing in April, the judge said horror movies have less impact than what happened to Serenity. As part of her plea, she would have had to testify against Hill -- making those gruesome details public.

"I don't think that that would bring justice to Serenity's memory," Roller said. "I want Serenity to be remembered as her smile, as her playful as her energy, as a child.

Hill will be formally sentenced on July 6.

MAY 31, 2023
"While nothing can atone for the crime that was committed, we think 50 years is a just resolution of this case," Bullitt County Commonwealth's Attorney Bailey Taylor said.

"I know I'm accepting the 50 years. Is that justice? Like I said, nothing will ever be justice," Roller said. "They could sentence him to 100 years it will never be enough."

At Catherine's sentencing in April, the judge said horror movies have less impact than what happened to Serenity. As part of her plea, she would have had to testify against Hill -- making those gruesome details public.

"I don't think that that would bring justice to Serenity's memory," Roller said. "I want Serenity to be remembered as her smile, as her playful as her energy, as a child.

Hill will be formally sentenced on July 6.
Maybe just wishful thinking, but I doubt that he will last 5 years in the pen.

JUL 6, 2023
[...]

Dakota Hill apologized in a Bullitt County courtroom Thursday morning and asked for forgiveness. But her family says forgiving the man who changed their lives won't happen anytime soon.

"Would I ever fully forgive him? I'm hoping the Lord will place that on my heart to fully forgive him," said Heather Hertlein, her Great-Aunt.

"He had no remorse. He didn't show any tears. He didn't. He just read a statement probably somebody else wrote for him is the way I feel," said Great-Grandmother Charleen Gadd.

Hill was sentenced in Bullitt County on Thursday to 50 years for murder, five years for abuse of a corpse and another five for tampering with physical evidence.

[...]

"By law, he will come up for parole at 20 years. That's just set in stone. The odds of him being paroled are between slim and none," he said.

[...]

JUL 6, 2023
[...]

The child's paternal grandmother, Melody Roller, and other family members have been at court proceedings every time and said nothing will ever be justice.

"How do you put justice on a 4-year-old little girl that was murdered the way that she was? When I think about justice and my granddaughter, you just can't put them together. It just doesn't come together because she deserved more. She deserved to live her life," Roller said Thursday morning, shortly after Hill was sentenced.

[...]

Roller said she is now painting rocks with Serenity's name on them, placing them wherever she goes as a way to keep her granddaughter's name alive.

"It's been really therapeutic," said Roller. "We placed a lot in Shelbyville. We've done over 77 rocks and so, we're trying."

Next month, Serenity would have celebrated her 6th birthday. Roller is planning to hold a birthday party at Clear Creek Park in Shelby County. The community is welcome to attend. Roller said she'll hold that celebration every year in memory of her only granddaughter.

“I'm sorry for the way my actions have affected the lives of your family,” Hill said in court. "And I understand no amount of time will bring Serenity back but I hope that it will help you heal.”

Hill continued, “I have to learn to forgive myself on the long road ahead, but I also ask for your forgiveness as well, because, although some day I may be free again, I know that only forgiveness would truly set me free. I'm so sorry for the loss that I have caused to your family and I pray for you all in your time of grief and suffering."
Ky. Man Who Killed Girl, 4, Then Stuffed Body in Suitcase Says, 'I Have to Learn to Forgive Myself'

I need the vomit emoji. Personally I could give a rat's patoot if he is ever able to forgive himself :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unique sky 6793
Back