KY - Three Family Members Found Strangled, Williamsburg, 13 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From link above....

The call is too upsetting to air, but in it, we learned the relative found Emogene Bittner with a garbage bag around her head. The caller also indicated to dispatchers that two people from Indiana might have been involved.

This case is so sad! I can only imagine how frightening it must have been for the family.

For some reason, I can very rarely see comments under articles from my pc. It must be some weirdo browser setting. Happens all the time and it's very annoying.

I have the same problem with my iPad....terribly frustrating! Glad I'm not the only one out in left field!

Here's a story that was linked to in the one FlossyMay posted. I don't know if y'all can read it or not. It said that I had "one article remaining" and I don't recall ever going to Morehead News' website before.

Triple homicide victims remembered as close-knit family
The Morehead News (Morehead, KY)
9/14/2017
A family that had been through a lot, but remained strong in lending a helping hand to one another was the overarching description of the Williamsburg family of three who was found dead on Wednesday afternoon at their residence.
"There was a lot of good in Emogene, lots of good, but then she made a lot of mistakes," Jones said. "She never did grow up, she was just a big kid at heart."

Jones said Christopher and Emogene would get out and play basketball with Kennedy at the end of the driveway or go play in the snow with him in the winter.

In regards to saying that Emogene had made some mistakes, I was searching for stories about this and saw that once she'd been caught having a "lab." It was actually more like the "This Week's Court Indictments" in my local paper rather than a story, so no real "story" to speak of.

But that was years ago, so I don't know if she was still involved with drugs anymore. But drugs are bad in Kentucky, especially in the mountains it seems. But I thought it was more opiates down there and meth was more up in my neck of the woods. It must be that everything is getting to be everywhere nowadays. Could drugs have had anything to do with the murders, I wonder?

All of the stories I've found and looked at today state that there are several "persons of interest." Has anybody heard any more about who they could be? There was one WKYT story that mentioned a couple of people from Indiana, but that's all I've seen regarding who the POI's were or where they were from.

I still find it very weird that they were all strangled. It takes several minutes to strangle someone. Maybe the killers were trying to be quiet and not draw attention. I wonder if the house being wrecked was because someone was looking for something or because of a struggle.

Sorry, a bit graphic question:
In the US, is strangulation the same as suffocation? One article says in the 911 call the mother said her daughter had a garbage bag over her head, the other article says they were all strangled. I thought strangulation is only used for something (rope etc, or hands) around the neck.

This woman must be in shock. I hope she has people close to her.

As far as I know, suffocation and strangulation are two different things, strangulation being some sort of neck compression.

I have no idea what the bag was about unless they put it over her head and used the bottom of the bag to strangle her. Maybe the bag was an afterthought. Sometimes when a killer knows a victim they cover their face because of guilt etc...

strange case
I'm guessing drug-related
but also a very personal vendetta

Sometimes when a killer knows a victim they cover their face because of guilt etc...

I wonder why they didn't cover up the guys' faces? They're all a family, so I figured if they knew Emogene, they'd know her kid and her husband too. Maybe they did put something over their faces and it just wasn't reported in the news.

I also thought that they may have had trouble strangling her and used the bag to finish the job. But I thought that would have been more likely to have been the (young, healthy looking) guys that would be harder to strangle, rather than the (slightly older) female.

Sometimes when a killer knows a victim they cover their face because of guilt etc...

I wonder why they didn't cover up the guys' faces? They're all a family, so I figured if they knew Emogene, they'd know her kid and her husband too. Maybe they did put something over their faces and it just wasn't reported in the news.

I also thought that they may have had trouble strangling her and used the bag to finish the job. But I thought that would have been more likely to have been the (young, healthy looking) guys that would be harder to strangle, rather than the (slightly older) female.

This is so strange! I've read that strangling someone is not a quick death. The killers must have spent quite a bit of time at the house, and it seems like there had to be at least two perpetrators.

If you "unhide" comments at bottom, some really interesting statements.

That is interesting. Especially the sister's comment. Plastic bags? How sadistic. People are capable of anything. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is so strange! I've read that strangling someone is not a quick death. The killers must have spent quite a bit of time at the house, and it seems like there had to be at least two perpetrators.

It takes about 4 minutes. Now with three people it sounds like the other two may have been outside or sleeping? I can't imagine one person handling all three in this manner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(respectfully snipped)

I see two possible scenarios, either way might be considered a sort of coup de grace.

1. I think the bag might have been "overkill;" it might not have been necessary.

2. Either that or the perpetrator knew/cared most for her, so it might have been "more difficult" to strangle her since it's such an "intimate" form of homicide. ... Might have used the bag because he couldn't make himself carry through using the other method.

[emoji202]MOO

I also wonder if someone tore up the house during a home invasion robbery looking for "the usual": guns, cash, drugs, jewelry, etc. Maybe thinking she was the only one home?

If I'm reading the stories correctly, the two males were killed outside the home. Maybe they interrupted the crime in progress? Or the perp moved them outside so they could focus on the "target," which was Emogene?

I also wonder if any of them suffered blunt-force trauma. I would imagine each of them would put up a heck of a struggle!

Baffling case. So very sad. My heart goes out to their family and the community. Praying the perpetrator/s are caught soon!!

[emoji202]MOO

This case is so strange! How do you strangle 3 people? And why would you strangle someone you were intent on killing, oppose to gun, knife, baseball bat, something quicker? So sad...I noticed in Christopher's obit, Emogene was not listed as "preceded in death by his wife" or any mention of her. Were they actually married I wonder, or maybe his family was against their relationship..she was a bit older than him..regardless, this is a very sad case and I feel for her family.

I haven't seen anything new in the last couple of weeks. I thought something like this would get more press. Strange.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abi
Back