GUILTY KY - Tracy Burke, 31, & Karen Comer, 53, murdered, Rineyville, 11 Sept 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I apologize if this is already common knowledge here, I just found some of these quotes odd...especially why in the world would this little 9-year-old tell other children that he was the one who killed his mother and grandmother???:(

http://www.whas11.com/topstories/stories/091207whasmjdTopMoreRineyville.c9b0dcae.html

A 9-year old boy called police Tuesday, saying his mother and grandmother were dead. Police say the killings happened Monday night on Waterfowl Loop in Rineyville.

“Evidently he told some other kids that he is the person that murdered those two women,” said Trooper Steve Pavey, describing an incident at John Hardin High School. The rumors spread like wildfire – students text-messaging, parents upset.

“And the kid basically just said ‘I was shooting my mouth off,’” said Pavey, who adds that the rumor was a distraction for detectives. Meanwhile, police say they hope autopsies performed in Louisville will help determine when Tracy Burke, 31, and Karen Comer, 53, were shot.

I also spoke with the daughter of Comer, who says she was her best friend, a kind woman who let her former daughter-in-law and her three kids move into her home about a month and a half ago, because she was getting a divorce from her second husband, who is stationed at Ft. Campbell.

Comer’s daughter says things had gotten ugly in that divorce, and Karen Comer had refused to testify against Tracy Burke in that divorce. :waitasec:

http://www.whas11.com/topstories/stories/091307whasmjdTopTracyBurkeNewInfo.ced7408e.html

The picture her divorce filing paints of her husband is of a soldier who was about to lose it. According to the papers, Brent Burke told neighbors he was considering killing himself, and stated he could kill everybody and it wouldn't bother him in the least.

As a final note, one article I read stated that Tracie listed 4 reasons in the divorce papers: "irreconcilable differences, cruel and inhumane treatment, adultery and that her husband was guilty of inappropriate conduct." These are serious charges/accusations for a soldier. He could be court-martialed or dishonorably discharged from the military if T.B. voiced these allegations (adultery: UCMJ Article 134) to his commander (and if they were proved true). B.B. may have been feeling the heat from more than one side...his backside where his wallet resides and his topside where his beret resides....

I think that article has the information wrong. The quote below is from the first article posted here. It says that a teenage boy told people at the high school that he did it. I don't think it was ever the nine year old. I think that article is poorly written or something. This article seems more correct to me as the nine year old isn't a teenager and wouldn't be telling people at the high school.

RADCLIFF ó Police said a teen started a rumor Tuesday that he was the killer of two Rineyville women who were shot sometime Monday night. The rumor spread through John Hardin High School, but police confirmed Wednesday that the boy’s claim merely was a hoax and there are no safety concerns at John Hardin High School.

John Hardin High School Principal Alvin Garrison said the rumor circulated through the high school Tuesday. On Wednesday, Garrison said attendance was running about normal. He also noted that the boy who initiated the claim is not a student at John Hardin High School.

http://www.newsenterpriseonline.com/articles/2007/09/12/news/news00.txt

I think that article has the information wrong. The quote below is from the first article posted here. It says that a teenage boy told people at the high school that he did it. I don't think it was ever the nine year old. I think that article is poorly written or something. This article seems more correct to me as the nine year old isn't a teenager and wouldn't be telling people at the high school.

RADCLIFF ó Police said a teen started a rumor Tuesday that he was the killer of two Rineyville women who were shot sometime Monday night. The rumor spread through John Hardin High School, but police confirmed Wednesday that the boy’s claim merely was a hoax and there are no safety concerns at John Hardin High School.

John Hardin High School Principal Alvin Garrison said the rumor circulated through the high school Tuesday. On Wednesday, Garrison said attendance was running about normal. He also noted that the boy who initiated the claim is not a student at John Hardin High School.

http://www.newsenterpriseonline.com/articles/2007/09/12/news/news00.txt
thank you that makes more sense.

http://newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=7214669

Fort Campbell Soldier Arrested In Slayings

Police Respond to Double Murder

RINEYVILLE, Ky. (AP) - State police said they have charged a Fort Campbell soldier in a double murder in central Kentucky.
Kentucky State Police Trooper Steve Pavey said police charged 29-year-old Brent Burke with killing his ex-wife, 31-year-old Tracy Burke and her former mother-in-law, 53-year-old Karen Comer.

http://theleafchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071015/NEWS01/71015007

Fort Campbell MP arrested in slaying of 2 women
Associated Press

RINEYVILLE, Ky. — A Fort Campbell soldier was arrested today and charged with killing his ex-wife and another women last month. Kentucky State Police arrested Brent Burke, 29, in the deaths of his ex-wife, Tracy D. Burke, 31, and her mother-in-law from a previous marriage, Karen D. Comer, 53, Trooper Steve Pavey said.

What a piece of crap... at least they have this monster off the street. To not even care if 2 of his own kids were in the house at the time he killed their mother... I have a feeling if those kids had shown their faces at any time, they too would be dead. He even killed the dog...

On the stand was the husband of Tracy Burke's former mother-in-law, Karen Comer. Curt Comer drives a semi and had been trying for hours to reach the house. Finally, Comer said Burke's young son Matthew picked up the phone in Rineyville.

"I finally got Matthew to answer the phone around quarter to twelve or twelve," Comer testified. "He told me what happened. I told him to call the police and that I would be there in about two hours."

Burke's children have testified that Brent Burke was the man in their home the night their mother was killed.

The three previous murder trials have ended in mistrials.

http://www.wave3.com/story/14309803/husband-of-victim-testifies-at-double-murder-trial

Wow, THREE mistrials?? I don't think I've ever heard of that happening! I hope they don't mess this one up, those poor kids are having to re-live this over and over.

Does anyone know how the chiildren are now, who they're living with?

FOUR mistrials???!!!!

my god, what a waste

and now does he get custody of his kids? and won't they be afraid of him?????

this is unbelievably ridiculous

ETA: looks like it was two mistrials & two hung juries ... not that it makes a difference in the outcome

Un-freakin-believable!! Now the family has to file a wrongful death civil suit to get any justice at all? That is insane!

http://www.wlky.com/r/28500977/detail.html

Army Charges Brent Burke With Murder

Soldier Charged Less Than 2 Weeks After Release

POSTED: 7:59 am EDT July 10, 2011
UPDATED: 8:55 am EDT July 10, 2011

The U.S. Army said Saturday it had brought premeditated-murder charges against Burke in the 2007 shooting deaths of his estranged wife, Tracey Burke, and her former mother in law, Karen Comer.

The Army placed Burke in pre-trial civilian confinement. He will face an Article 32 investigation, which determines whether there is enough evidence for him to face a court martial or other disciplinary action.

ETA: if he gets convicted and sent to Leavenworth he's going to wish one of those trial in the civilian sector had gotten him first. JMHO

Wow, THREE mistrials?? I don't think I've ever heard of that happening! I hope they don't mess this one up, those poor kids are having to re-live this over and over.

Does anyone know how the chiildren are now, who they're living with?

They're with some of their mother's relatives, if I remember correctly.

I knew Brent Burke. We went to different high schools, but had extra-curricular activities together and had some mutual friends. I always thought he was strange and a little persistent back then. This has bothered me greatly throughout the years.

As for the mistrials.. If I remember correctly it was due mostly to the kids' statements. The Quincy Herald Whig has featured numerous articles on the subject as he was from that area.

From May 2012:

http://www.wlky.com/news/local-news...rke-sentenced-to-life-without-parole/12831286

Four years, seven months, 28 days and four mistrials. That's the time it took between the discovery of two bodies in a Rineyville home, and the conviction of Brent Burke for their deaths...

Burke was sentenced Tuesday evening to life in prison without parole, the harshest sentence he could have received...

A military trial conducted at Fort Campbell, decided by a seven-member panel of military officers ended with a conviction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice
Back