Weight150 - 190 lbs
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last ContactJune 2, 1974
NamUs Case CreatedMay 7, 2019
Last Known Location Map
LocationSlade, Kentucky
CountyWolfe County

Circumstances of DisappearanceWent missing from either Wolfe or Powell, Kentucky, while camping at Mill Creek Lake. The MP's fiance dropped him off at the lake. There were some people fishing that had seen and found his items, clothing, billfold and such. An extensive search was conducted but there was no further evidence of the MP found.
Physical Description
Hair ColorBrown
Head Hair DescriptionDark brown hair.
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBlue
Right Eye ColorBlue
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Other distinctive physical characteristic
Light complected with freckles. Athletic build.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Reactions: BRS
Wynant “Hemmy” Lee Moore
42AD9AA0-4CF6-4FE3-8165-C0C2CDC0E0FE.jpeg5DE6A6DF-D99F-4BBB-8E7F-2EBF7430867D.jpeg0BBE2361-D9ED-4CEA-A6E6-7083E676EDBA.jpegC95A750A-133E-4692-917C-19185A8761CE.jpeg

Date of Last Contact: June 2, 1974
Missing From: Slade, Kentucky
Missing Age: 29 Years
Height: 5' 11" (71 Inches)
Weight: 150 - 190 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Nickname/Alias: Hemmy
Other distinctive physical characteristic: Light complected with freckles. Athletic build.

Circumstances of Disappearance:
Went missing from either Wolfe or Powell, Kentucky, while camping at Mill Creek Lake. The MP's fiance dropped him off at the lake. There were some people fishing that had seen and found his items, clothing, billfold and such. An extensive search was conducted but there was no further evidence of the MP found.

0 Unidentified Person Exclusions

There is something about this UID that reminds me of Hemmy. Vital stats match up and I see a resemblance...I’m just not sure about the circumstances or time frame...
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
This is my uncle, and am so grateful to Google his name and now see all of these people trying to help and his picture everywhere….all thanks to his daughters hard work at getting it into NAMUS. It’s much appreciated. I also have an uncle on my mother’s side who disappeared in California. A private investigator was hired and nothing was found, thinking the internet is the best Avenue. Thanks to you all for spreading the word!

This is my uncle, and am so grateful to Google his name and now see all of these people trying to help and his picture everywhere….all thanks to his daughters hard work at getting it into NAMUS. It’s much appreciated. I also have an uncle on my mother’s side who disappeared in California. A private investigator was hired and nothing was found, thinking the internet is the best Avenue. Thanks to you all for spreading the word!
Welcome to Websleuths! I’m so sorry about both of your uncles. I hope you and your family can get some answers regarding their disappearances. I’m happy to help any way I can. Does the one for California have a thread here? Or is he in any of the missing person databases?

@Bunny82 welcome! We are a helpful bunch :) Do you know if any close relative of your missing uncle has done a commercial DNA test and uploaded their results to the major companies used for family tree research? This is different from DNA that would be provided to police for their own databases.

As @MadMcGoo posted above, please do a search on your other uncle and let us know if he does not have a thread here, as we can certainly start one.

Feel free to print / share this. Someone knows something. It's just getting them to come forward.

Attachments

• MISSING Moore.jpg
    MISSING Moore.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 6
Have you pursued the comment here:
"Hemmy could be Owensboro KY John Doe 1990. They have strikingly similar features, and I know it sounds like a stretch as Hemmy would have been gone for a decade by the time Doe was killed, but those close to the case believe Doe had been held captive for a period of time before his murder"

Last edited:
1721035993077.jpg

I see a certain resemblance with this UID:
According to Unidentified wiki: a man struck by a tractor trailer on Intestate 95 in Hanover County, Virginia. Police believe he may have been involved with a group of men who smuggled a large amount of marijuana into the airport earlier that week.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans
Back